Some guy at Gamestop asked for GTAV Wii U version and....

#21Rasputin77Posted 9/27/2013 8:00:44 AM
TC, your story is about GTA V. That's clearly the problem.
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
GameFAQs: Where astute observations make you a monster.
#22GradyHooverPosted 9/27/2013 8:09:35 AM
ChevelIe posted...
zado19 posted...
ChevelIe posted...
The guy at the register started laughing and told him "That doesnt exist and it'll never be on Wii U", so the guy bought a GTAV PS3 bundle. I assume he already had a Wii U, but bought a PS3 just to play GTAV.

That's the power of Grand Theft Auto, people. Nintendo should have cut a deal with Rockstar to get it on Wii U, even if it had to be done under the table to protect their family image

is life really this hard on you....?

HAHAHAHAHA this guy lol

Life is hard on me because Nintendo has a family image? O_O. What is with the replies, is Nintendos stock crashing today with how some of you are reacting?

Nintendo openly negotiated with Rockstar to get Manhunt 2. You can read about it by searching IGN's news archives.

Topic over.
---
The outcry against the last few Star Fox games and Metroid: Other M proves that Nintendo fans don't want actual characters in their games. They want ciphers.
#23OzzieArcanePosted 9/27/2013 8:12:33 AM
GradyHoover posted...
ChevelIe posted...
zado19 posted...
ChevelIe posted...
The guy at the register started laughing and told him "That doesnt exist and it'll never be on Wii U", so the guy bought a GTAV PS3 bundle. I assume he already had a Wii U, but bought a PS3 just to play GTAV.

That's the power of Grand Theft Auto, people. Nintendo should have cut a deal with Rockstar to get it on Wii U, even if it had to be done under the table to protect their family image

HAHAHAHAHA this guy lol

Life is hard on me because Nintendo has a family image? O_O. What is with the replies, is Nintendos stock crashing today with how some of you are reacting?

Nintendo openly negotiated with Rockstar to get Manhunt 2. You can read about it by searching IGN's news archives.

Topic over.

Which is really a shame because of how heavily the ESRB forced Rockstar to censor that game.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#24CLupulaPosted 9/27/2013 8:46:09 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
I'm pretty sure that never happened, TC. No one in their right mind would buy a $270 item from someone who just laughed at and mocked them.

I can imagine it if the guy behind the counter made the guy realize how many more games he can play on the PS3 than the Wii U. I've worked retail years and years ago and I could've sold someone on a new system, especially when they'd be the only one of their friends who couldn't play it if they didn't pick up a PS3 or 360...or at least, that's how I'd make them feel.
#25BaconPancakesPosted 9/27/2013 8:51:17 AM
TC was that guy.
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.
#26Nate_DihldorffPosted 9/27/2013 8:52:40 AM
Bayonetta is niche, and has no bearing on the mass media's perception of anything.

Grand Theft Auto is HUUUGE in the grand scheme of things.
---
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People
#27Nate_DihldorffPosted 9/27/2013 8:54:34 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...
If this would ruin Nintendo's family friendly image, Conker's Bad Fur would have done it long ago given it was made by their 2nd party.

Nintendo didn't approve of CBFD.
---
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People
#28RemembrentPosted 9/27/2013 9:00:17 AM
God, I hate these Gamespot topics.

This never happened. Go away.
#29cmincPosted 9/27/2013 9:00:34 AM
TC's story's plausable whether some of you like it or not. I had nothing but a wii and then bought a wii u and, because of the drought, ended up buying a ps3 just so i'd have things to play. I mean, if i was willing to buy one to play things like wwe 13 and nascar inside line, I can certainly see why someone would readily buy one to play one of the most solid offerings of the last 10 years.

I know since im a nintendo fan im not allowed to feel that way, but nintendo stopped giving me things to play 2 years before wiiu came out and when it finally did i liked the experience so much i bought a console that had more of it. Got a vita, too.
---
---
#30DrumguyPosted 9/27/2013 9:51:57 AM
ChevelIe posted...
zado19 posted...
ChevelIe posted...

HAHAHAHAHA this guy lol

I'm gonna answer your question with a question of my own. What's the point of this topic, other than to act childish?
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl