Nintendo did it...they actually got me to want Wii Fit U.

#1Banjo2553Posted 9/27/2013 11:29:38 PM
It was a while since I saw the Direct specifically focused on that game (as well as the remastered Wii Sports) and I pretty much decided it'd be pretty cool to have it. I've been self-conscious about my image for a while now and need to get in shape anyway.

In the meantime I'm playing Punch-Out!! on the Wii with Wiimote + Nunchuk and moving with the dodges I do since I don't have a Balance Board. It's actually pretty fun, but I need to remind myself to not do that while wearing a sweater next time...
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#2mylose64Posted 9/27/2013 11:34:10 PM
If you need to get in shape.... DDR might be your best bet.

But yes... I agree. Wii Fit is very interesting. I never bought it for the original wii, but I think I'm interested in the mini games it provides. Nintendo has been very good at getting me hooked on these motion games. I feel like I'm in an arcade (which is why I like the wii mote so much).

I'm not out of shape and I'm not a fitness freak, but It seems cool enough to buy it.
---
Liquid Snake: Snake, Did you like my sunglasses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
#3ReedeemerPosted 9/28/2013 12:37:02 AM
Whats real cool is that everyone'll get to check it out once the trial goes live (if you have a balance board?). Wii Fit+ had a good amount of content for staying in shape, so this title should have some real worthwhile stuff. I mostly got it just to play around with the balance board in other titles, but I'm gonna dust off the balance board when this comes out, and hopefully it'll keep it dust-free.

6'1'' 140lb slender, just because--reference?
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#4Breastmilkn_DipPosted 9/28/2013 12:41:59 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
I've been self-conscious about my image for a while now and need to get in shape anyway.

Oh?

*dangles bacon strip*
*arches eyebrow suggestively*
-
--
---
Oscar See Through Red Eye
#5gnomelord255Posted 10/1/2013 6:19:43 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
It was a while since I saw the Direct specifically focused on that game (as well as the remastered Wii Sports) and I pretty much decided it'd be pretty cool to have it. I've been self-conscious about my image for a while now and need to get in shape anyway.

In the meantime I'm playing Punch-Out!! on the Wii with Wiimote + Nunchuk and moving with the dodges I do since I don't have a Balance Board. It's actually pretty fun, but I need to remind myself to not do that while wearing a sweater next time...

Play 45 minutes a day, and if you move with the dodges and don't waggle the controllers (put some weight behind punches) you'll notice you lost weight after a few weeks.

I lost about 40 pounds over 3 months by playing nothing but Red Steel 2 and table tennis on Wii Sports Resort. And walking my dog daily.