What do you think about DS games on Wii U?

#21DrSouljaBoi69Posted 9/28/2013 9:00:19 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Super Gameboy was amazing.

The Gameboy Player was amazing.

I am kinda surprised Nintendo hasn't released a DS Player yet.

And people saying these kind of devices hurt the sales of the portable, no they don't.

If you have the portable game player on your console without prior ownership of the portable system, you will play the games, and eventually, you'll want to be able to continue playing the games at school, or work, and you will buy the portable system.

They started hating them when VitaTV was announced.
#22CustomName(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 12:52:53 AM
I don't understand, wouldn't it be just like playing a Wii U game?
#23IokuaPosted 9/29/2013 12:53:59 AM
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Super Gameboy was amazing.

The Gameboy Player was amazing.

I am kinda surprised Nintendo hasn't released a DS Player yet.

And people saying these kind of devices hurt the sales of the portable, no they don't.

If you have the portable game player on your console without prior ownership of the portable system, you will play the games, and eventually, you'll want to be able to continue playing the games at school, or work, and you will buy the portable system.

They started hating them when VitaTV was announced.

Says the troll that's been here for less than that time.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#24Dark_Link92Posted 9/29/2013 2:11:32 AM
BrianCraigSmith posted...
What do you think about DS games on Wii U?

Um I don't. Unless you meant Wii U versions of DS games; that would make sense. An HD version of:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Super Princess Peach
The World Ends With You
Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventures
Mario & Lugi: Partners in Time/Bowser's Inside Story
Sprung
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Star Fox Command

Really? Most of those games sucked.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#25domranguayPosted 9/29/2013 2:52:22 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Slaysme posted...
Iokua posted...
I think that every time someone brings up this incredibly stupid idea I have to point out that many DS titles only work with two screens because those screens are close together. Putting them across the room would create dissonance between the experience and your perceptions and therefore break the effect. It would not work.

It would work just fine for most games. You're an idiot.

No it really wouldn't. Looking from TV to Gamepad is not natural for your eyes, they need to refocus each time. Not a problem on DS. Also, the fact that you have a DS game being blown up on TV would look terrible and you may be looking at a tiny square on your widescreen HD TV.

Both screens on Gamepad screen is the only answer. If you could customize screen size, that would work. For example, the bottom screen could be located on the bottom right of the Gamepad screen and is able to be enlarged and changed to your liking, much like a window on a PC. Don't know why I didn't think of this before.

Most DS games used the second screen for the same kind of thing Wii U games are using the Gamepad for, so it wouldn't really be that big of an issue.

There are some games it would be terrible for, like Yoshi's Island DS, but many other DS and 3DS games would be fine.