I wonder how well W101 sold...

#1HerPandaPosted 9/28/2013 6:23:30 AM
considering the B2G1 Target deal and the WW Bundle that hit at the same time. I was honestly expecting horrible sales and all the business consequences that go with it, but now there's a genuine chance that it sold decently enough to keep up their faith in funding new IPs. If it did sell, that's some lucky timing on Target's part haha.
#2JackalPosted 9/28/2013 6:24:43 AM
I'd like to see some numbers to.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#3DrSouljaBoi69Posted 9/28/2013 6:24:44 AM
It sold REALLY bad in Japan and Europe, and this was Platinums most expensive game to date so...
#4eyeofcorePosted 9/28/2013 6:28:17 AM
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...
It sold REALLY bad in Japan and Europe, and this was Platinums most expensive game to date so...

Don't worry, it is funded by Nintendo one hundred and one percent...

Even though many websites, including VG Chartz are not accurate, they only estimate and speculate and most shops in Europe do not release sale numbers and VG Chartz only count physical copies so yea, it could be selling badly or it could sell like hot cakes, we just don't know.
---
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.
#5wingo84Posted 9/28/2013 6:28:28 AM
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...

Didn't Nintendo foot the bill?
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
#6DrSouljaBoi69Posted 9/28/2013 6:31:07 AM
Yep, which means that if Bayo2 doesn't sell well I don't think Nintendo will even want to purchase Platinum. I mean, if they are thinking logically they won't.

http://goo.gl/4GShdC

"We've never used this size of a team and this amount of time to build a game before, and even so, this is the first time it's been so tough for me, especially towards the end of development. I suppose I'm getting what I deserved there."
#7HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 6:37:15 AM(edited)
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...

Yeah, but the NA release has Target's B2G1 deal and the WW Bundle to help out. In PAL and JPN, the physical versions were just dropped it in an ocean with no life vest.
#8TurtlePowahPosted 9/28/2013 6:34:15 AM
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=wonderful+101

20,000 in USA

20,000 in Europe

10,000 in Japan

Unlike popular belief VGchartz is VERY accurate. The article people quoted them as being "inaccurate" was actually scrutinized and proven to be untrue. They get paid to get there numbers and they do it quite accurately.
#9HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 6:36:38 AM
TurtlePowah posted...
Unlike popular belief VGchartz is VERY accurate. The article people quoted them as being "inaccurate" was actually scrutinized and proven to be untrue. They get paid to get there numbers and they do it quite accurately.

Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt, they still don't count digital copies. While NA had a physical sale to help, they other two regions had sales on the eShop.
#10TurtlePowahPosted 9/28/2013 6:37:04 AM
Grand Theft Auto 5 which had a similar release date sold.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=grand+theft+auto+v

11,860,000 USA

7,920,000 EU

1,960,000 Imports