why is it so weird for somebody to buy a wiiu instead of waiting for PS4/XB1?

#1NightMareBunnyPosted 9/28/2013 11:39:16 PM
The Gaming Community barely thinks about the wiiu these days and if someone begins to suggest that the wiiu is a better value than PS4/XB1 at launch The Sony/MS Fans Jump All Over Them Calling fools And little kids.....

why is that? Clearly The Wiiu has the better price and the better value for what you are getting compared to PS4/XB1 and the title selection for wiiu will be larger than that of PS4/XB1 For Awhile
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#2oldhbk76Posted 9/28/2013 11:52:17 PM
My guess is the next big thing, but once the new consoles hit then people will start to realize that wii u isn't as week as they think and the new consoles have their own weakness.

Look at Watchdogs for example, Wii U runs at 60 fps, Ps4 and xbox one both run at 30 fps, the ps4 and xbox one games might look a tad better but they take a hit on performance.
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76
#3fon1988Posted 9/28/2013 11:53:06 PM
The general gamer now days has all but left Nintendo, except in the hand held market. They feel the "real" games come out only for PC, Xbox, and Playstation.
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#4GuyFawkes5Posted 9/29/2013 12:20:45 AM
because if its not halo, gears of war, CoD, or now killzone nobody wants anything to do with it. I personally have NO interest is ps3.5 an xboxDone. They offer nothing to me as a gamer.
---
If the media can blame video games for making people violent, then I can blame my pencil for misspelled words.
#5AstralFrostPosted 9/29/2013 2:07:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6ChipChippersonPosted 9/29/2013 2:24:18 AM(edited)
I couldn't possibly be less excited for the new consoles and I spent the last decade playing MS and Sony consoles exclusively.

I think there'd be much more excitement if it was a 3-way launch this fall. The U, since it came out last year, is ''old news''. If it was launching this year with the price and selection it would be a much bigger deal.
---
I'm disrespectful to dirt!! Can you see that I am serious? Get out of my way, all of you. This is no place for loafers. Join me or die. Can you do any less?
#7PigfartsPosted 9/29/2013 2:23:16 AM
Better price yes....better value is dependant on what you want to play. As of now I can say a ps3/360 is a better price better value, but you might not agree with that
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#8PigfartsPosted 9/29/2013 2:24:45 AM
oldhbk76 posted...
My guess is the next big thing, but once the new consoles hit then people will start to realize that wii u isn't as week as they think and the new consoles have their own weakness.

Look at Watchdogs for example, Wii U runs at 60 fps, Ps4 and xbox one both run at 30 fps, the ps4 and xbox one games might look a tad better but they take a hit on performance.

Link? The link I did see did say ps3/360 was 30 frames. It did NOT say wii U was 60 frames. It also said Wii U version was closer to xbox 360 then it was to the ps4 version.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#9kdognumba1Posted 9/29/2013 3:07:17 AM
The way I look at it is different strokes for different folks. Different people have different preferences in which hardware they want to and don't want to invest in and not all people like and/or dislike the same games. As long as you're still buying and playing games is all that matters.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#10xHOJUxPosted 9/29/2013 3:18:28 AM
Judging better value and larger library the PS3 and 360 would be the way to go. The WiiU will probably never have a library that large if they continue the way they have been. That's the problem with the WiiU, it's caught between gens, in direct competition with the PS3/360 and the upcoming new consoles. The only thing it has to differentiate itself is the screen on the gamepad, but no compelling use of it that makes people think it's a must have.
---
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spinning-pile-driver/id481542152