why is it so weird for somebody to buy a wiiu instead of waiting for PS4/XB1?

#51ZeoDefenderPosted 9/29/2013 2:24:42 PM
The_Djoker posted...
ZeoDefender posted...
Is it annoying how so many gamers completely dismiss the Wii U. I understand if it's not your thing, but there's three main consoles this race. Stating otherwise just makes you look ignorant.

Coworker: So, Zeo, what next-gen console do you like the most? PS4 or Xbox One?
Me: Uh, that's an easy one. Wii U.
Coworker: haha, really? Nintendo?

It's more annoying that people think Wii U is next gen.

It's not. Wii U is competing with 360 and PS3. Not X1 and PS4.

What part of next gen don't you understand?

Wii U is getting X1 launch titles? What? Watch dogs? BF4? Co Ghosts? AC4?

Every single one of those games are coming out on 360 and PS3.

Name me a Wii U game that's coming out that's ONLY on PS4/X1(or PC) and isn't on 360 or PS3.

Go on.

The hardware has nothing to do with it. The Wii U is an 8th generation console same as the XB1 and PS4. It's competing with the XB1 and PS4 in sales because they're on the market at the same time.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#52xHOJUxPosted 9/29/2013 6:44:30 PM
ZeoDefender posted...

The hardware has nothing to do with it. The Wii U is an 8th generation console same as the XB1 and PS4. It's competing with the XB1 and PS4 in sales because they're on the market at the same time.

It's really a semantics argument. It depends on a persons definition of next gen. Personally I do see the WiiU competing against the PS3/360, and that's why it's been struggling. If it were really competing against the PS4/X1 it would have sold like crazy, because it would have had a year on the market all by itself. The only third party games it's going to get are the ports of PS3/360 games and that's really all the proof you need right there. Citing gen as a mere definition of time it's released doesn't tell the whole story.
---
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spinning-pile-driver/id481542152
#53ZeoDefenderPosted 9/29/2013 6:53:41 PM
xHOJUx posted...

It's really a semantics argument. It depends on a persons definition of next gen. Personally I do see the WiiU competing against the PS3/360, and that's why it's been struggling. If it were really competing against the PS4/X1 it would have sold like crazy, because it would have had a year on the market all by itself. The only third party games it's going to get are the ports of PS3/360 games and that's really all the proof you need right there. Citing gen as a mere definition of time it's released doesn't tell the whole story.

Well, that's the case with any early next-gen system. The TG-16 and the Genesis were designed to compete with the NES and it took several years for the SNES to come out. However, no one considers those two consoles to be 3rd generation systems. Yes, the Wii U is competing with the PS3/360 right now, but when those systems are replaced it'll be Wii U/PS4/X1. We're just in a small overlap period that'll be forgotten within 12 months.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#54xHOJUxPosted 9/29/2013 7:05:21 PM
ZeoDefender posted...
xHOJUx posted...

Well, that's the case with any early next-gen system. The TG-16 and the Genesis were designed to compete with the NES and it took several years for the SNES to come out. However, no one considers those two consoles to be 3rd generation systems. Yes, the Wii U is competing with the PS3/360 right now, but when those systems are replaced it'll be Wii U/PS4/X1. We're just in a small overlap period that'll be forgotten within 12 months.

Yeah, but your argument is flawed because those systems were more powerful than the current systems on the market, easily signifying them as next gen. If SEGA released a console with equal to or slightly more power than a NES at the same time they released the Genesis would it still have been considered next gen? Nope, and it would have failed miserably.
---
#55Lousy_FellowPosted 9/29/2013 7:21:01 PM
quickposter posted...
The internet takes it's own hype as hype for the masses and in every other case this has proven false. PSP didn't live up to what the media was hyping it up to be. We all know how PS3 turned out. Wii was proclaimed to kill Nintendo. DS was going to fail. 360 was set to become an irrelevance once PS3 came out. Kinect was going to fail because of fanbase alienation and the price being too high for that audience. 3DS was going to be killed by smart phones and Vita was going to be everything the PSP promised to be.

Not on one single occasion has the internet's predictions turned out correct. This time the arguments they were using against DS, 360, Wii and 3DS at the time are being used against Wii U.

A bunch of people on a forum going ape doesn't reflect the view of the masses.

Agree with this.
---
Why do you play games you don't enjoy? Are you a masochist?
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg
#56DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/29/2013 7:24:54 PM
Sony fans are insecure about the lack of compelling features in the PS4, and have to resort to the old standby "at least it's not THOSE systems" in order to validate their purchasing decision.
Every person that buys a Wii U undermines a Sony fan's ego.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#57ZeoDefenderPosted 9/29/2013 7:25:59 PM
xHOJUx posted...

Yeah, but your argument is flawed because those systems were more powerful than the current systems on the market, easily signifying them as next gen. If SEGA released a console with equal to or slightly more power than a NES at the same time they released the Genesis would it still have been considered next gen? Nope, and it would have failed miserably.

Yeah, that's true. The Wii U is something of an anomaly. I suppose it's hard to judge the Wii U's place in gaming history when we're right in the middle of it. Will it be discontinued early or will it revive itself like the 3DS and go on to be a gaming powerhouse? Or anything in between those two extremes? I think the answer to that will determine whether it's a 7th or 8th generation console.
---
#58xHOJUxPosted 9/29/2013 7:29:16 PM
ZeoDefender posted...
xHOJUx posted...

Yeah, that's true. The Wii U is something of an anomaly. I suppose it's hard to judge the Wii U's place in gaming history when we're right in the middle of it. Will it be discontinued early or will it revive itself like the 3DS and go on to be a gaming powerhouse? Or anything in between those two extremes? I think the answer to that will determine whether it's a 7th or 8th generation console.

I agree with that, history will put this all in perspective. I don't think there's really any chance of them dropping the WiiU early though, even if it ends up being mostly Nintendo first party games that carry it to the finish line.
---
#59Lelouch71Posted 9/29/2013 9:25:27 PM
ZeoDefender posted...
I think the answer to that will determine whether it's a 7th or 8th generation console.

It's an 8th gen system. There's no disputing that regardless of the idiots. It's the 8th generation Nintendo system. The Wii U won't be discontinued. Worst case scenario it will be like the Gamecube where its first party keep it going. Best case scenario it rises from the ashes like the 3DS and dominates everything.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#60donkeyjackPosted 9/29/2013 11:15:07 PM
I'm getting the PS4 in the spring/summer '14.

I ain't got any worries.

Wii U and PS4 will be my last gaming consoles
---