Why do people say Nintendo games are too kiddy?

#1ZZZackPosted 9/29/2013 6:23:15 PM
There is no such thing as a kiddy game. What defines a kiddy game? Ask a million people and you will get a million different answers. Therefore, the term is really meaningless if you think about it.
#2Mindwipe77Posted 9/29/2013 6:28:59 PM
compared to sony and ms you gotta admit most their games APPEAR to be more kiddy like pokemon, pikmin, wonderful 101, alot of their games look childish but thats all, i love nintendo games and alot of them are pretty damn challenging, alot too hard for the young kids they look aimed for
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Day 1 buys- Ps4 and Xbox one, ready for next-gen!!
#3HermeticJusticePosted 9/29/2013 6:38:43 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
compared to sony and ms you gotta admit most their games APPEAR to be more kiddy like pokemon, pikmin, wonderful 101, alot of their games look childish but thats all, i love nintendo games and alot of them are pretty damn challenging, alot too hard for the young kids they look aimed for

to be fair, Nintendo was making games when a large portion of gamers where kids

unfortunately it seems, the kids have grown up, but they can't expect to drastically change their series, so instead they appeal to the young children

and who knows, in the future they'll remain faithful to Nintendo because that's what they played when they where kids
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#4ZZZack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 6:39:42 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...

I don't understand what you mean by "APPEAR to be more kiddy".

What does kiddy look like? I fail to see how any of those games are kiddy at all. Those games don't even feature little kids as main characters.
#5Lousy_FellowPosted 9/29/2013 6:41:20 PM
I grew up but still get a kick out of Mario.

I would be appalled if they started churning out M rated games out of the ass. I like that Nintendo has that feeling of "kiddy silliness" that most high grade games on other consoles are missing.
---
Why do you play games you don't enjoy? Are you a masochist?
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg
#6slymshadyPosted 9/29/2013 6:41:35 PM
Its not a bad thing, but I kind of see them as being kiddy compared to their peers. I cannot think of many Sony or third party games that have animal critters in racecars, playing golf, tennis, etc. Foxes in aircrafts, DK, Pokemon. I love them, but I get the opposition view.
#7ZZZack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 6:43:17 PM
slymshady posted...
Its not a bad thing, but I kind of see them as being kiddy compared to their peers. I cannot think of many Sony or third party games that have animal critters in racecars, playing golf, tennis, etc. Foxes in aircrafts, DK, Pokemon. I love them, but I get the opposition view.

So animals=kiddy?

Umm ever heard of Ratchet and Clank? Jak and Daxter? Crash and Spyro? All have been Sony exclusives in the past.

So is Sony just as kiddy as Nintendo if featuring animals=kiddy?
#8Mindwipe77Posted 9/29/2013 6:44:26 PM
ZZZack posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

What does kiddy look like? I fail to see how any of those games are kiddy at all. Those games don't even feature little kids as main characters.

so if you saw Resident Evil 5 lets say next to pokemon you cant see which looks more kiddy?
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Day 1 buys- Ps4 and Xbox one, ready for next-gen!!
#9ZZZack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 6:46:53 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
ZZZack posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

so if you saw Resident Evil 5 lets say next to pokemon you cant see which looks more kiddy?

Well when I was a kid, I thought zombies and blood were the coolest things ever. Most of the books and shows I watched revolved around some kind of zombies and blood.

So I guess I personally if I saw them next to each other I would find Resident Evil 5 to be the kiddy one.
#10ChipChippersonPosted 9/29/2013 6:47:31 PM
I think people try to infer that Nintendo produces baby games by use of the term ''kiddie'' but the two are entirely different things.
---
I'm disrespectful to dirt!! Can you see that I am serious? Get out of my way, all of you. This is no place for loafers. Join me or die. Can you do any less?