Why do people say Nintendo games are too kiddy?

#51MilesTeg420Posted 9/30/2013 7:51:09 AM
Amazing that people here just keep responding to the same old "kiddy" topic regarding Nintendo. It really couldn't be any easier could it.
#52JackalPosted 9/30/2013 7:54:03 AM
ZeoDefender posted...
Jackal posted...
ZeoDefender posted...
Jackal posted...
That's fine but people would like to see them use their talents for something like a GTA or Watchdogs or Batman but I just can't see it happening.

Good god no. The only "problem" with Nintendo is that they don't make Western games. Because they're Japanese.

You are allowed your opinion.

Shenmue and Yakuza aren't western games. Nintendo can't even get close to those.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with GTA, Watchdogs, or Batman, but a big problem with modern gaming is homogenization of the industry. Nintendo does their own thing and that's great. The last thing we should want is for a "unique" developer to start making the same types of games that everyone else makes.

No one said they had to stop making their normal stuff. Just expand a bit.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#53ZeoDefenderPosted 9/30/2013 8:15:40 AM
Jackal posted...

No one said they had to stop making their normal stuff. Just expand a bit.

So should Rockstar make a 2D platformer, a RTS, and a JRPG then? Developers should develop games that they know how to develop and that they themselves want to play. The idea that every developer needs to make every type of game to expand is ridiculous.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#54maizemaizePosted 9/30/2013 8:23:05 AM
Lots of Nintendo consoles games appear more child-like, but think about it- it is easier to clear most FPS since they have autosaves every 5 mins, than children plartformer.
C O D and SONIC COLOURS, which was easy.
I prefer kids with SMART BRAINS than adults with DEAD BRAINS.
:-)
#55TheMisterManGuyPosted 9/30/2013 1:16:07 PM(edited)
Its either from 2 groups.

1. Insecure teens or adults who need realistic graphics or an M rating to prove their manhood

2. Non-Nintendo fans who think they get all their knowledge of Nintendo games from playing 5 minutes of Mario and Pokémon

Any real Nintendo fan would know that Nintendo is one of the most "all ages" publishers in the industry. They really do have something for everyone. Games for kids (Pokémon, Kirby). Games for families (Mario, DK, Wii series). Games for Teens (Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus). Games for Adults (Metroid, Last Story, 3rd party games). Games for Casuals (Brain Ages, Wii Fit, Puzzle games).
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.
#56HalloIsItMeYourPosted 9/30/2013 2:37:07 PM
Why is there another topic about this?
#57Emerald_MeliosPosted 9/30/2013 2:52:32 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
compared to sony and ms you gotta admit most their games APPEAR to be more kiddy like pokemon, pikmin, wonderful 101, alot of their games look childish but thats all, i love nintendo games and alot of them are pretty damn challenging, alot too hard for the young kids they look aimed for

So why do you feel bright cartoony colors are only for kids?
#58AldathPosted 10/4/2013 5:41:31 AM
Kids nowadays are more into Halo and GTA than any other games... at least here in Mexico, where everything bad happens, you see kids paying money every day to rent GTA and Nintendo games are forgotten.

I agree with TC, that most of kids would rather buy a Halo game. Indeed Halo is kiddier than other games, the plot is kinda silly and it's less violent than your standard shooter.
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#59Lovely_DisasterPosted 10/4/2013 5:45:45 AM
oh give me a break. Would you use the same argument to argue that Barnie or Dora the explorer isn't kiddy? Yes most Nintendo games are more kiddy/ aimed at the family? Does it matter?

Not really.
#60talesfan215Posted 10/4/2013 1:10:55 PM
ZeoDefender posted...
Ah, the Nintendo cycle.

Kid - Nintendo is awesome! I love Mario and Zelda!
Teenager - Nintendo's for Babies! Sonic/Halo/GTA is for mature people like me.
Adult - Nintendo is awesome! I love Mario and Zelda!

http://themetapicture.com/pokemon-life-cycle/

I used to like Nintendo more as a teen. Funny that.
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.