So you can play all virtual console games on the Wii U gamepad?

#1Chenmaster2Posted 9/30/2013 8:21:19 PM
Topic.
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
ACNL Dream Address: 4800-2736-0484
#2GDoobahPosted 9/30/2013 8:22:49 PM
yes but you'll still need to use a wii remote or remote + classic controller.
---
NNID & PSN : GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/DzyHcJF.jpg
#3Zero280Posted 9/30/2013 8:30:53 PM
Yep currently playing OoT on it lol
---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
#4GodofLazinessPosted 9/30/2013 8:36:08 PM
GDoobah posted...

I gotta say that's kind of stupid of Nintendo. Hopefully there will be an update that allow us to use the Gamepad as both a screen and controller.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#5TransdudePosted 9/30/2013 8:37:58 PM
At least VC games in Wii mode no longer stretch.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#6Baha05Posted 9/30/2013 8:40:30 PM
GodofLaziness posted...
I gotta say that's kind of stupid of Nintendo. Hopefully there will be an update that allow us to use the Gamepad as both a screen and controller.

Again the sheer number of Wii games would need to be upgraded. Though with them introducing Wii Off-Screen Play I can see them either updating titles or making the update for this feature rather pointless considering some of the more Motion Control heavy games like Zelda would be unplayable.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#7MilesTeg420Posted 9/30/2013 8:43:04 PM
Transdude posted...
At least VC games in Wii mode no longer stretch.
I think it would be better to allow the either/or option. After making people view it in widescreen for so long it's jarring to suddenly take that away.
#8GodofLazinessPosted 9/30/2013 8:46:52 PM
Baha05 posted...
GodofLaziness posted...

Again the sheer number of Wii games would need to be upgraded. Though with them introducing Wii Off-Screen Play I can see them either updating titles or making the update for this feature rather pointless considering some of the more Motion Control heavy games like Zelda would be unplayable.

Yeah but there are games with the option to use the Pro Controller. Instead of that let us use the Gamepad to control the game. Maybe it would be difficult to program like you said so who knows?
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#9Baha05Posted 9/30/2013 8:49:06 PM
GodofLaziness posted...
Yeah but there are games with the option to use the Pro Controller. Instead of that let us use the Gamepad to control the game. Maybe it would be difficult to program like you said so who knows?

That too, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say if they do plan to update said controls that they want to focus more on titles like Skyward Sword.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#10DTY3Posted 9/30/2013 8:51:25 PM
GodofLaziness posted...
GDoobah posted...

That would only really work for games that support the Classic Controller.

Which would be fine.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.