Why would they NOT allow you actually to use the gamepad for Wii Games?

#1Vaztor71Posted 9/30/2013 7:22:12 PM
How freaking hard is it to map buttons to a damn controller?

The "greatest video game company in the world" can't even map buttons to their own controller in the year 2013 and you all still praise them.
---
Brawl is the best game ever.
http://i.imgur.com/MvHlH.jpg
#2GDoobahPosted 9/30/2013 7:24:48 PM
Why would they NOT allow you actually to use the gamepad for Wii Games?

How the hell should we know.. Call Nintendo tomorrow and ask them.
---
NNID & PSN : GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/DzyHcJF.jpg
#3DifferentialEquationPosted 9/30/2013 7:25:41 PM
Please understand...
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#4Baha05Posted 9/30/2013 7:25:46 PM
Best explanation would be that every game would need to be patched.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#5shanafanPosted 9/30/2013 7:25:58 PM
Vaztor71 posted...
How freaking hard is it to map buttons to a damn controller?

The "greatest video game company in the world" can't even map buttons to their own controller in the year 2013 and you all still praise them.

Yep. You got a problem with that? ;)
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#6ObtuseAnginaPosted 9/30/2013 7:27:13 PM
i know this is a troll topic, its not as simple as "mapping buttons to a controller" they would have to find some way to emulate the WiiMote's motion controls on the gamepad or many games would be unplayable
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...Husky Unit, covering the base since 1997.
#7Baha05Posted 9/30/2013 7:27:50 PM
ObtuseAngina posted...
i know this is a troll topic, its not as simple as "mapping buttons to a controller" they would have to find some way to emulate the WiiMote's motion controls on the gamepad or many games would be unplayable

Plus even if you did it for Nintendo games you still have 3rd party titles too.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#8Elements012894Posted 9/30/2013 7:28:31 PM
Would would you emulate playing skyward sword on the gamepad? Don't get me wrong they should at least have it emulate pro controllers but thats something for another time, please understand.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#9TheStarCore(Moderator)Posted 9/30/2013 7:32:32 PM
My only assumption would be that emulating the classic controller through the Gamepad is something that the "Wii" would need updating for, however since this update changed the VC scaling on Wii I can't see why they couldn't do that, as it's proof they can update the Wii through Wii U updates.

God knows. Slightly daft.
#10Baha05Posted 9/30/2013 7:38:25 PM
TheStarCore posted...
My only assumption would be that emulating the classic controller through the Gamepad is something that the "Wii" would need updating for, however since this update changed the VC scaling on Wii I can't see why they couldn't do that, as it's proof they can update the Wii through Wii U updates.

God knows. Slightly daft.

Well again you have so many Wii titles tat they would all have to receive updates so it's pretty damn obvious that if they do plan on mapping buttons it'll take some time to do so, more so for the games heavily reliant on the Wii Remote.
---