Why would they NOT allow you actually to use the gamepad for Wii Games?

#31jackorhoadsPosted 10/1/2013 2:32:48 AM
Baha05 posted...
ObtuseAngina posted...
i know this is a troll topic, its not as simple as "mapping buttons to a controller" they would have to find some way to emulate the WiiMote's motion controls on the gamepad or many games would be unplayable

Plus even if you did it for Nintendo games you still have 3rd party titles too.

Thank goodness some people have sense on this site.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#32vazurahanPosted 10/1/2013 2:39:43 AM(edited)
mcnichoj posted...
Did you read the part where I didn't quote you because I didn't read anything after TC's post?

But so you and your friend are playing Red Steel together, how the hell is he supposed to aim if your moving the gamepad all over the place?

*sigh* Didn't you read my post?

vazurahan posted...
What they can do is add three options on the Gamepad when starting Wii Mode.

Off-TV Mode or Screen Mode (For use with separate controller like Wiimote + Nunchuck)
Classic Controller Mode
Wiimote Sideways Mode

McDude_ posted...
They charge you a dollar to do that with Wii U virtual console titles. Why would they do the same and possibly open up the Wii VC library to people on their gamepads when they can charge you a dollar a piece for it?

This.
#33AhnoldDoodPosted 10/1/2013 3:20:18 AM
ITT: People who know nothing about programming pretend to know more about programming that the 30+ year old video game company.

Think, princesses, if Nintendo would go out of their way to find a way to stream Wii games to the Wii U GamePad, why WOULDN'T they add full functionality? Answer: They C-A-N-'-T.
#34vazurahanPosted 10/1/2013 3:24:30 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
ITT: People who know nothing about programming pretend to know more about programming that the 30+ year old video game company.

Think, princesses, if Nintendo would go out of their way to find a way to stream Wii games to the Wii U GamePad, why WOULDN'T they add full functionality? Answer: They C-A-N-'-T.

You told us to 'think' but you already came up with the answer that "They C-A-N-'-T" so that means you already 'thought' about the reason.

So why "They C-A-N-'-T"?
#35Geminia999Posted 10/1/2013 3:33:49 AM
One thing, all controlers the wii used where connected to a wii mote. While the Gamepad could emulate the controller, I don't know if it would be possible for it to register as a wii controller as well, and then causes a whole bunch of other issues. My thought anyways.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#36AhnoldDoodPosted 10/1/2013 3:34:08 AM
vazurahan posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

You told us to 'think' but you already came up with the answer that "They C-A-N-'-T" so that means you already 'thought' about the reason.

So why "They C-A-N-'-T"?

Because mapping controls to a GamePad to play Wii games is pretty hard to do when the Wii U turns itself into a Wii during Wii Mode?
#37bdavis93Posted 10/1/2013 3:41:25 AM
I can imagine that it's pretty hard to map the movement from a nunchuck and a main controller to a single tablet.
#38vazurahanPosted 10/1/2013 3:56:20 AM
AhnoldDood posted...

Because mapping controls to a GamePad to play Wii games is pretty hard to do when the Wii U turns itself into a Wii during Wii Mode?

bdavis93 posted...
I can imagine that it's pretty hard to map the movement from a nunchuck and a main controller to a single tablet.

Did you even read my post? I already said that it shouldn't try to function as a Wiimote for games like Wii Sports or Skyward sword. But it would work perfectly as Classic Controller or sideways Wiimote replacement.

vazurahan posted...

Why keep saying this?

When people say they want to play Wii games on the WiiU Gamepad they don't mean having every game that require the use of Wiimote motion controls and pointer be converted to gamepad only. (Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)

What they're saying is that the Gamepad should function as a Classic Controller or a Wiimote Sideways. (Xenoblade, The Last Story, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Fighting Games etc.)

See how stupid this picture is? The controls are right there on the WiiU Gamepad.
http://i.imgur.com/6vNwpaj.jpg

See all this games that should work on the WiiU Gamepad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_use_the_Classic_Controller
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_%28North_America%29

Off-TV Mode or Screen Mode (For use with separate controller like Wiimote + Nunchuck)
Classic Controller Mode
Wiimote Sideways Mode
#39ShinChuckPosted 10/1/2013 4:08:01 AM
It doesn't matter the "why" they did it this way, the overall issue is that, regardless, it's lacking. I don't care about the defenses, I can only comment on results.

Hopefully, as vazurahan is saying, we'll at least have the option to use the GamePad as a Pro controller in the near future.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#40AhnoldDoodPosted 10/1/2013 4:16:51 AM
vazurahan posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

bdavis93 posted...

Did you even read my post? I already said that it shouldn't try to function as a Wiimote for games like Wii Sports or Skyward sword. But it would work perfectly as Classic Controller or sideways Wiimote replacement.

vazurahan posted...

Why keep saying this?

When people say they want to play Wii games on the WiiU Gamepad they don't mean having every game that require the use of Wiimote motion controls and pointer be converted to gamepad only. (Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)

What they're saying is that the Gamepad should function as a Classic Controller or a Wiimote Sideways. (Xenoblade, The Last Story, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Fighting Games etc.)

See how stupid this picture is? The controls are right there on the WiiU Gamepad.
http://i.imgur.com/6vNwpaj.jpg

See all this games that should work on the WiiU Gamepad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_use_the_Classic_Controller
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_%28North_America%29

Classic Controller Mode
Wiimote Sideways Mode

Did you even read MY post? I said nothing about JUST trying to map to Wii Remotes. My statement goes to EVERY controller. Its hard to map them to the GamePad, when the GamePad is nearly functionally dead in Wii Mode. I'm guessing the streaming works 'cause its like streaming to the TV.