So wii u only has 1 game worth getting this holiday?

#21nickvd8Posted 10/1/2013 12:30:34 PM
lgi posted...
nickvd8 posted...
I love how 3rd party titles are a selling point on other consoles but when Nintendo also gets them everybody just pretends they don't exist. Only 1 title worth getting, how about the 4-5 3rd party titles? "Oh those don't count cause they're not exclusive." This logic is fail.

Third party titles are not the same on all systems. How about the multiplayer community for those games? Even if YOU don'y personally play games online, others do.

It doesn't matter they still exist. And I hate to break it to you but the Batman online component isn't going to be popular on any console.
#22cmincPosted 10/1/2013 12:31:29 PM
Even as we consider the fact that Tc is blatantly wrong, some of you guys are still delusional: Wii fit U, Wii sports club and wii party u aren't moving WiiU's at all. Theyre nice bonuses to pre-existing console owners, that care, but the casuals that were willing to buy a console for those titles bought wii's and still have them stored in a box gathering dust somewhere.

I've not seen one casual that gives two craps about wii u. In fact most don't even know it's a thing you can buy and the few that are made aware this holdiay season arent going to spend 300 bucks just to re purchase games they got tired of 5 years ago. Especially now that they come with a complicated looking screen controller that has 16 buttons.

There's still a crap load of games coming that at the very least will be solid buys, but it's nintendo that comes off looking bad as yet another delay was the last thing they needed to announce at this point.
---
---
#23Omega_BlackPosted 10/1/2013 12:34:14 PM
lgi posted...
nickvd8 posted...
I love how 3rd party titles are a selling point on other consoles but when Nintendo also gets them everybody just pretends they don't exist. Only 1 title worth getting, how about the 4-5 3rd party titles? "Oh those don't count cause they're not exclusive." This logic is fail.

Third party titles are not the same on all systems. How about the multiplayer community for those games? Even if YOU don'y personally play games online, others do.
How about the Gamepad features put into those games? You're moving the goalpost.

Wii U has first and third-party games that will be worthwhile investments for people that own Wii U's and would like to experience them on that platform.

Discounting them simply because of one reason or another is invalid because the games are still releasing onto the console. There is more than one game "worth getting" this holiday on Wii U.

nickvd8 posted...
And I hate to break it to you but the Batman online component isn't going to be popular on any console.
Or it could be wildly popular. We won't know until it drops.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#24GuyFawkes5Posted 10/1/2013 12:37:18 PM
fail topic is fail
---
If the media can blame video games for making people violent, then I can blame my pencil for misspelled words.
#25AhnoldDoodPosted 10/1/2013 12:42:23 PM(edited)
cminc posted...
Even as we consider the fact that Tc is blatantly wrong, some of you guys are still delusional: Wii fit U, Wii sports club and wii party u aren't moving WiiU's at all. Theyre nice bonuses to pre-existing console owners, that care, but the casuals that were willing to buy a console for those titles bought wii's and still have them stored in a box gathering dust somewhere. I like how you pretend to know what EVERY person who EVER bought Wii Sports or Fit or Party did with it.

I've not seen one casual that gives two craps about wii u. Maybe you should try asking. In fact most don't even know it's a thing you can buy Kind of a freaking impossible notion to make, unless the people you "know" know little of gaming at all. and the few that are made aware this holdiay season arent going to spend 300 bucks just to re purchase games they got tired of 5 years ago. Wii Fit U and Wii Party U are not the same games as their predeccessors, twit. And while you COULD have a point about Wii Sports Club, you'd be amazed about what people buy for what reason. In this case, HD and online. Especially now that they come with a complicated looking screen controller that has 16 buttons. The Wii U GamePad has about 11 buttons and anyone who thinks it "looks complicated" (it looks like a TABLET, or a HANDHELD like a Vita, are those "complicated looking" too?) is borderline dumb.

There's still a crap load of games coming that at the very least will be solid buys, but it's nintendo that comes off looking bad as yet another delay was the last thing they needed to announce at this point. *snip* Sorry, got the thread confused with another.

Your comment gave me a headache.
#26wisemiddsPosted 10/1/2013 12:40:21 PM
Still plenty on Wii U and I wasn't that fussed on DKCR:TF anyway- DKCR, whilst good wasn't a patch on the original.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
NNID, PSN: wisemidds
#27king_maddenPosted 10/1/2013 12:45:56 PM
looks like the nintendo faithful are counting on all the (wii is just my party console) gamers to come back. oh and the (i just use my wii for working out) gamers. all who probably wont come back for the most part.

mainly due to wiiU being more expensive than the wii (biggest reason), not sure how many more people want to buy a $300 console for wii fit, when the wii fit they already have works perfectly fine.
#28AhnoldDoodPosted 10/1/2013 12:49:11 PM
king_madden posted...
looks like the nintendo faithful are counting on all the (wii is just my party console) gamers to come back. oh and the (i just use my wii for working out) gamers. all who probably wont come back for the most part.

mainly due to wiiU being more expensive than the wii (biggest reason), not sure how many more people want to buy a $300 console for wii fit, when the wii fit they already have works perfectly fine.

If those gamers' reason for not get the Wii U is that its more expensive than the 6-year-old and weaker console, they need to get a job. And I wasn't aware that the Wii Fit they have had new and better lessons and excercises and online. Does Wii Fit U have online? I heard it did.
#29king_maddenPosted 10/1/2013 12:55:10 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
king_madden posted...

If those gamers' reason for not get the Wii U is that its more expensive than the 6-year-old and weaker console, they need to get a job. And I wasn't aware that the Wii Fit they have had new and better lessons and excercises and online. Does Wii Fit U have online? I heard it did.

again if you have a work out system that works for you, just because the new one has new lessons and exercises, doesnt mean you will jump all over a $300 console to get one.

think like a treadmill if you have one that works perfectly fine, and you use it everyday, and a new one comes out thats going to run you $300 more, you might not see the big deal about upgrading for that much money. You might say hey what I have works for me and it gives me the workout I need.

as for the wii being weaker, nobody cared about power so it being weaker has nothing to do with it, people ran out and bought the wii because it was cheap and fun for party games, it pretty much died after 2009 though, when people got tired of it.