Should Nintendo still buy Megaman or is he yesterdays news because of Beck?

#1SharkPowahPosted 10/1/2013 8:44:09 PM
Why do you think Capcom became such a horrible company? Remember back when they were one of the best?

I say Sega is the next company to go the way of Capcom. There racism is a one way ticket to less and less profit.
#2ORANGE666Posted 10/1/2013 9:25:05 PM
Because they weren't making any money. Capcom currently has around 140million right now in cash. That's it. That isn't even enough to make GTA 5. Capcom can't afford to take risks, which is why they pump out Streetfighter like candy and milk DLC. It's not because they want to rip you off, its because its the only way they can survive right now
#3YoyokuKOPosted 10/1/2013 9:31:26 PM
gta5 is a bad benchmark...

10+ is enough to make a game...
and megaman can supercede mn9 if capcom would get it's head of of its
#4mylose64Posted 10/1/2013 9:33:31 PM
Since Capcom is sitting on a gold mine with resident evil games, they should just remake 1-4 and release them all with wii controls on Wii U.

The wii never got RE5 or RE6. Not like that matters too much because they were pretty bad.

Capcom could save a lot of money and make profits if they reused their old games.
---
Liquid Snake: Snake, Did you like my sunglasses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
#5HermeticJusticePosted 10/1/2013 9:51:58 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Because they weren't making any money. Capcom currently has around 140million right now in cash. That's it. That isn't even enough to make GTA 5. Capcom can't afford to take risks, which is why they pump out Streetfighter like candy and milk DLC. It's not because they want to rip you off, its because its the only way they can survive right now

funny how Mighty No 9 made 4 mil and could make more if sold, but it seems like Capcom are afraid to do what's best for them
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#6Ranmaru-2Posted 10/2/2013 11:43:44 PM
No. Nintendo still needs to buy megaman. He's an iconic character. He's every bit as legendary as one of nintendo's own IPs. He came out in 1987. The same year nintendo made zelda, metroid, kid icarus. That should be enough incentive right there. Plus there are still some unanswered questions in the megaman series. Not to mention that most of the series didn't have real conclusions to their storylines. Only battle network and star force were completed. Plus there's some potential for a game explaining about the elf wars. That took place between the X and zero series. Plus we absolutely need megaman legends 3. A cliffhanger ending is no way to end the series. The best thing to happen is for nintendo to buy megaman, then outsource it to keiji inafune's team, comcept.
---
http://i.imgur.com/33jhTZk.jpg http://i.imgur.com/SuOwk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cbxTS.jpg http://i.imgur.com/LNSiX.jpg
#7TheDoorMousePosted 10/2/2013 11:49:57 PM
Has buying Megaman ever even been an option? To my knowledge Capcom has no plans to part with the blue bomber. Come to think of it, has Nintendo even displayed much interest in him outside of including him in Smash?
---
I hate when people spam block.
#8IokuaPosted 10/2/2013 11:51:52 PM
ORANGE666 posted...

Not to insult your intelligence, but having $140,000,000 in fluid cash is not the same as being unable to afford to take risks. Capcom has a great deal more in assets, which is the way it is for most businesses.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#9TheDoorMousePosted 10/2/2013 11:55:18 PM
Iokua posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

Not to insult your intelligence, but having $140,000,000 in fluid cash is not the same as being unable to afford to take risks. Capcom has a great deal more in assets, which is the way it is for most businesses.

Yeah but if they screw up too much their stock holders could lose faith in them as a competent business, which is as good as financial suicide.
---
I hate when people spam block.
#10IokuaPosted 10/2/2013 11:59:07 PM
TheDoorMouse posted...
Iokua posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

Yeah but if they screw up too much their stock holders could lose faith in them as a competent business, which is as good as financial suicide.

Of course, but people have really got to stop confusing liquid assets with net worth. I guarantee you right now that Nintendo has more fluid cash than Sony does, but that doesn't somehow make them a larger or more valuable company. People are acting like Capcom is on death's door, and while they're not in the best of shape they are far from dead.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.