#51vashtrichamPosted 10/2/2013 6:38:59 AM
No included port means fighting games are useless on WiiU
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#52HalloIsItMeYourPosted 10/2/2013 6:42:15 AM
My console is better than your console.
#53AirTeasePosted 10/2/2013 6:49:56 AM
The people here defending Nintendo's decision to not include an Ethernet port are the same people who would rip Xbox or PlayStation a new if either of them didn't include one but Nintendo did.

Let's put on our common sense thinking caps here, a wired connection is much better than a wireless connection for online games and services. I know from experience, so why would Nintendo not include something as basic as an Ethernet port? It's about as stupid as charging $100 for a WiFi adapter.
#54shanafanPosted 10/2/2013 6:50:00 AM
ShaunageAU posted...
I completely agree, and I was mad that the original Wii didn't have one either. Thankfully the one I bought for my Wii works, because that stupid thing flat out refuses to connect to my wireless.

You might want to check your router settings before blaming a device.
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#55BaconPancakesPosted 10/2/2013 6:59:13 AM
The very first 360s didn't have an ethernet port. Lol.
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.
#56SnakeSoldierPosted 10/2/2013 7:01:09 AM
I always try to stick to wired connections for gaming. For downloads, sure, wireless is fine. But I need the reliability of a wired connection if I'm going to be playing online. Speed isn't the main factor. It's the fact that a wireless signal can drop. Yes, wireless is becoming more and more popular, and there really isn't an issue with any difference in speed nowadays. But it's popularity does not mean that wired connections should go away completely. They still have their advantages, and to me the stability of a wired connection is a very important thing.
---
"How do i eat using my butt? I tried and it doesn't seem to work." -GabeMorris
#57shanafanPosted 10/2/2013 7:09:47 AM
SnakeSoldier posted...
I always try to stick to wired connections for gaming. For downloads, sure, wireless is fine. But I need the reliability of a wired connection if I'm going to be playing online. Speed isn't the main factor. It's the fact that a wireless signal can drop. Yes, wireless is becoming more and more popular, and there really isn't an issue with any difference in speed nowadays. But it's popularity does not mean that wired connections should go away completely. They still have their advantages, and to me the stability of a wired connection is a very important thing.

The only in my home that is wireless is my iPhone and 3DS for obvious reasons. Other than that, I go wired with all my consoles and PC. I just love having that reliability, and wired is a little faster too ;)
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#58krillin4553Posted 10/2/2013 7:15:10 AM
iKhan88 posted...
Because we are living in an increasingly wireless world. Apple doesn't include ethernet ports in many of their computers. Personally, I don't even have an ethernet port wired near my TV.

I'm glad Nintendo lowered costs by not including a feature that is becoming increasingly less used.

I'm pretty sure the only things that don't include an Ethernet adapter are their i devices and the MacBook Air's. Unless the redesigned Pro doesn't have one but I'm pretty sure it does.
---
XBL/PSN: DocDrazen
PC: i7-3770k at 4.6 ghz, Corsair H60, Intel 180 GB SSD, GTX 550 Ti, GTX 260 for PhysX, 16 GB G. Skill Ripjaws
#59HorrorSindicatePosted 10/2/2013 7:19:32 AM
AirTease posted...
The people here defending Nintendo's decision to not include an Ethernet port are the same people who would rip Xbox or PlayStation a new if either of them didn't include one but Nintendo did

I don't use the port on any of my gaming devices and probably won't on the PS4 either. I'd be far more upset if a console didn't allow for a wireless connection.

You're generalizing far too broadly.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#60Who_Dat504Posted 10/2/2013 7:37:02 AM
squatch22 posted...
Wii U and 3DS have full backwards compatibility.
Other consoles however..

Lol the Wii U is missing so many feature the other consoles have, but who cares it has BC with a console that has one of worst library of games that everyone owns thanks Nintendo
---
Saints, LSU, and Pelicans fan!