Zelda WWHD was outsold by "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. Happy End"....

#1DarthLaharlPosted 10/2/2013 7:45:17 AM
http://gematsu.com/2013/10/media-create-sales-92313-92913

HD remaster of one of the best 3D games in one of the most legendary series(not just game series) of all time outsold by a little sister dating sim. Wow.

Only in Japan.
---
My top publishers--
Nippon Ichi>> Aksys=XSEED=ATLUS=SCEA>>>>>> Square Enix>>>>> Namco
#2shanafanPosted 10/2/2013 7:49:09 AM
Dating sims are HUGE in Japan.
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#3ZeoDefenderPosted 10/2/2013 7:49:17 AM
I'm not sure where all this love for Wind Waker is coming from. It was widely disliked* when originally released for the Gamecube.

* relative to other Zelda games.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#4NovaeGamerPosted 10/2/2013 7:50:34 AM
ZeoDefender posted...
I'm not sure where all this love for Wind Waker is coming from. It was widely disliked* when originally released for the Gamecube.

.........Zelda Cycle........

and on-Topic....Ren'ai are the biggest thing ever in Japan!
---
When I want realistic graphics, I take a break from gaming and look at reality......
#5AirTeasePosted 10/2/2013 7:52:06 AM
ZeoDefender posted...

Pretty much everyone was put off by the new graphic style because it was such a drastic change. Beneath those colorful graphics however was a really well made game. That said I have no idea where all the hype for Wind Waker HD came from. Figured everyone would be up in arms because they didn't remake Majora's mask first.
#6whizkid7Posted 10/2/2013 7:53:35 AM
Japan also didn't get a bundle or a Ganondorf figure. So clearly it was going to sell like crap compared to here.
---
It's a shame your console of choice doesn't have games that are more entertaining than bothering strangers on the internet. -Shadowbird_RH
#7VivaLaRazaLHPosted 10/2/2013 8:03:31 AM
It is absolutely ridiculous how there is an excuse for EVERYTHING on this board.
#8NovaeGamerPosted 10/2/2013 8:04:54 AM
VivaLaRazaLH posted...
It is absolutely ridiculous how there is an excuse for EVERYTHING on this board.

NEVER confuse "excuse" with "explanation", It is one of the worst mistakes people have with their judgement.
---
When I want realistic graphics, I take a break from gaming and look at reality......
#9ZeoDefenderPosted 10/2/2013 8:06:02 AM
AirTease posted...
Pretty much everyone was put off by the new graphic style because it was such a drastic change. Beneath those colorful graphics however was a really well made game. That said I have no idea where all the hype for Wind Waker HD came from. Figured everyone would be up in arms because they didn't remake Majora's mask first.

No, people pretty much hated Wind Waker for the tedious sailing, lack of dungeons, idiotic triforce quest near the end of the game. and uninspired gameplay.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#10DealerofTruthsPosted 10/2/2013 8:07:35 AM
ZeoDefender posted...

This has been my thoughts as well, apparently nostalgia is a key factor?
---
You just got told the TRUTH!!!