What does that have to do with Wii U?
---
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#12MichaelDeAngeloPosted 10/2/2013 7:18:19 AM
CLupula posted...
squatch22 posted...
MH killing it still.
And 3DS outselling everything else combined 5 times over.

I am always puzzled at the insistence upon bringing up how well the 3DS is doing on the Wii U board. No one is questioning that the 3DS is doing great. And only the basest of trolls would think that Nintendo, itself, is doomed. The 3DS has managed to overcome Iwata's supreme incompetence. The Wii U, on the other hand, is pretty much a disaster.

I've said for the last few months that both Sony and Nintendo would be better served by focusing on where they do have success. Sony should drop the Vita and focus on the PS3/PS4 while Nintendo should drop the Wii U and focus on the 3DS.

It is worth noting, however, that the 3DS had a very similar start to the Wii U. The problem now is that the Wii U's drought is going on longer.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#13Rasputin77Posted 10/2/2013 7:21:15 AM
squatch22 posted...
ThaPrinceRaziel posted...

Vita...

Vita...

And?

You could have just said you didn't have an answer... but your scrambling defense strategies are kind of cute.
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
'Don't quote them, I have them on ignore' = 'Waaah, this entire site is about ME!'
#14ThaPrinceRaziel(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:22:55 AM
squatch22 posted...

Vita...

Vita...

And?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/67328623

It mattered to you then.
---
Game Developers on Wii U: hahaha no...
googler:Wii U.. about to take off like a North Korean rocket!
#15squatch22Posted 10/2/2013 7:23:21 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
squatch22 posted...

Vita...

Vita...

And?

You could have just said you didn't have an answer... but your scrambling defense strategies are kind of cute.

Ppl shouldn't talk about other formats if they dont want other ppl to do so too...

Ur troll defending strategies are kind if cute.
---
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi.
#16squatch22Posted 10/2/2013 7:24:32 AM
squatch22 posted...

Vita...

Vita...

And?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/67328623

It mattered to you then.

Only pointing out the hypocrisy.
---
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi.
#17CLupulaPosted 10/2/2013 7:27:26 AM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
CLupula posted...
squatch22 posted...
MH killing it still.

I am always puzzled at the insistence upon bringing up how well the 3DS is doing on the Wii U board. No one is questioning that the 3DS is doing great. And only the basest of trolls would think that Nintendo, itself, is doomed. The 3DS has managed to overcome Iwata's supreme incompetence. The Wii U, on the other hand, is pretty much a disaster.

I've said for the last few months that both Sony and Nintendo would be better served by focusing on where they do have success. Sony should drop the Vita and focus on the PS3/PS4 while Nintendo should drop the Wii U and focus on the 3DS.

It is worth noting, however, that the 3DS had a very similar start to the Wii U. The problem now is that the Wii U's drought is going on longer.

I'd say, at this point, drought is starting to turn into a desert.

The Wii U's only two chances are Mario Kart and Smash Brothers, at this point, and those won't come until 2014. Who knows what the PS4 and XB1 will have ready at that point in time?

Someone brought up a great point on another site: When Sega had the Dreamcast, they went all out with it. EA wasn't supporting them with sports titles? Sega went and created their own that rivaled EA. Nintendo, instead, have Iwata telling people to Please Understand. When third party support was sparse on the PS3, Sony went and pumped a whole lot of money into creating new ip's. Nintendo, instead, have Iwata telling people to People Understand. The original X-Box flopped, but Microsoft came back with the 360, by making exclusive deal after exclusive deal and trying to secure beloved formerly Playstation-only franchises. Nintendo did do that with Bayonetta 2, but then just stopped.

Nintendo need to be aggressive with this system and they're not. Iwata is the exact polar opposite of aggressive and that's why the system is on its last legs only a year into its release.

What I've been saying for the longest time is that if Nintendo got rid of Iwata and got a new, hungry CEO, who actually WANTS TO WIN, they can turn things around.

The 3DS thrives despite Iwata, not because of him.
#18VanderZooPosted 10/2/2013 7:37:55 AM
06./00. [PS3] My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. Happy End # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.09.26} (7.480) - 31.054 / NEW

Only in Japan...
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#19VanderZooPosted 10/2/2013 7:43:37 AM
CLupula posted...
CLupula posted...
squatch22 posted...
MH killing it still.

The Wii U's only two chances are Mario Kart and Smash Brothers, at this point, and those won't come until 2014. Who knows what the PS4 and XB1 will have ready at that point in time?

Someone brought up a great point on another site: When Sega had the Dreamcast, they went all out with it. EA wasn't supporting them with sports titles? Sega went and created their own that rivaled EA. Nintendo, instead, have Iwata telling people to Please Understand. When third party support was sparse on the PS3, Sony went and pumped a whole lot of money into creating new ip's. Nintendo, instead, have Iwata telling people to People Understand. The original X-Box flopped, but Microsoft came back with the 360, by making exclusive deal after exclusive deal and trying to secure beloved formerly Playstation-only franchises. Nintendo did do that with Bayonetta 2, but then just stopped.

Nintendo need to be aggressive with this system and they're not. Iwata is the exact polar opposite of aggressive and that's why the system is on its last legs only a year into its release.

What I've been saying for the longest time is that if Nintendo got rid of Iwata and got a new, hungry CEO, who actually WANTS TO WIN, they can turn things around.

Agreed, I've never seen the eye of the tiger from Nintendo. I saw it from MS when they made the 360, they were hungry, they were aggressive. I'm seeing it from Sony currently with the PS4.

Nintendo needs to stop living in their own little bubble. They need to open their eyes, really, open your eyes and look, seriously look at the competition. See what they're doing, and aim to do better.

Online is a great example. Why does it seem like Nintendo doesn't even try to compete in this all important area? Xbox Live is leading, Sony has done a lot to catch up and compete, what is Nintendo doing? Is their strategy to say "ahh screw it, we'll offer a bare bones service, but keep it free and that should be good enough"?

Nintendo needs new blood, it needs someone who wants to win, who wants market dominance, who wants to crush the competition. Not this "clear waters" strategy nonsense. You can't let Sony and MS duke it out while you coast along, that doesn't work. You have to compete, you compete or die.

Somebody show Iwata a Rocky film, mabe that will get him motivated.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#20cmincPosted 10/2/2013 7:55:00 AM
CLupula posted...
CLupula posted...
squatch22 posted...
MH killing it still.

I agree with the tone of your disgust but nintendo's made money with iwata. A lot. I'm every bit as sick of the please understand crap as you are and i hate that nintendo has pretty much sucked since launching wiiu, but "winning" in the traditional gaming sense costs a lot of money that nintendo isnt interested in spending.

And to his credit, the plan to fix wiiu is the same plan that fixed 3ds. Delays arent helping, but the fights far from over provided you mostly want to play nintendo games on your nintendi hardware.
---
---