6 months after launch, will PS4 sales surpass the Wii U current total sales?

#101donkeyjackPosted 10/4/2013 7:41:27 AM
PS4 will outsell it by December.
---
If GTA5 isn't in your top 5, KYS.
#102cybersonic233Posted 10/4/2013 8:07:38 AM
after 3 for sure
#103suprsoliderPosted 10/4/2013 8:13:12 AM
It can't be 100% fact if it hasn't been proven yet. What would your reaction be if it turns out that the PS4 DIDN'T trounce the Wii U? No turning back; I want a straight answer right here right now.
---

Yes, I know it will be 100% fact.

Already alone it has 5 times the preorder numbers than Nintendo could EVER muster.
The hype for it is much higher than Wii U's.

It is going to trounce the Wii U without even breaking a sweat. It's about time you Nintendo fanboys start living in reality, and not fantasy Nintendo land.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#104TerotrousPosted 10/4/2013 8:24:16 AM(edited)
VanderZoo posted...
Just to add, the Wii U can takes ages just to load from one menu to another

It was only ever closing games that took ages (and this has been fixed). Going from a game to say, the internet browser or Miiverse takes a few seconds at most.

suprsolider posted...
It is going to trounce the Wii U without even breaking a sweat. It's about time you Nintendo fanboys start living in reality, and not fantasy Nintendo land.

Lol, are you from the parallel dimension where PSVita crushed 3DS and PS3 won last gen?

At best, Sony has a chance to beat Wii U, but it requires them not to make any idiotic decisions, and idiotic decisions are kinda Sony's bread and butter.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#105QueskerPosted 10/4/2013 11:51:21 AM
suprsolider posted...
It can't be 100% fact if it hasn't been proven yet. What would your reaction be if it turns out that the PS4 DIDN'T trounce the Wii U? No turning back; I want a straight answer right here right now.
---

Already alone it has 5 times the preorder numbers than Nintendo could EVER muster.

It's not. Let's hypothetically say that, 6 months for now, the PS4 DOESN'T beat the Wii U. What will your reaction be then? Will you be surprised? Scared? Sad? I'm still waiting for an answer.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#106DiscostewSMPosted 10/4/2013 11:55:23 AM
Quesker posted...
suprsolider posted...
---

It's not. Let's hypothetically say that, 6 months for now, the PS4 DOESN'T beat the Wii U. What will your reaction be then? Will you be surprised? Scared? Sad? I'm still waiting for an answer.

Love these "What if " scenarios that get used against those that use them to put down the Wii U.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#107XeoldanPosted 10/5/2013 9:04:57 PM
There's an insane demand for the PS4 with how strong it appears to be as compared to the Xbox One, which for all intensive purposes is its chief competitor, based on how significantly different the mindset, and in turn market share, the WiiU is targeted at. Also, I don't even know of retailers that are taking preorders on PS4 at this point.

I'd be amazed if the total sales of PS4 didn't exceed the WiiU within the first 3-4 months, it'd have to be the result of a massive shift in public sentiment against the PS4 and/or a complete inability to deliver the necessary units to be sold.

It's an interesting question, but really, does it matter? The way some people on their board especially get so butthurt or high-and-mighty as if they're the only ones who understand how system launches or the video game market as a whole works. As someone who recently purchased a Wii U I don't feel the need to bash other systems, how long before I feel the need to do that? I understand having to validate spending the money to some degree, but grow up! Video games are a massive industry and the companies (especially Sony and Nintendo as we have seen in the press of late) are aware that more than one company can succeed in this market.
---
SteamID: Riftmarked
#108LightHawKnightPosted 10/5/2013 10:39:12 PM
Let me see, a new system that has no BC sell well during the launch window? Hrmm, probably most likely not.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#109JackalPosted 10/6/2013 4:20:50 AM
I believe that it will outsell the Wii U in that time frame. I know that I am getting one ASAP. Wii U? Still waiting for X.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz