The XB1 and PS4 don't even come with a screeen on the controller?!

#1iKhan88Posted 10/3/2013 11:21:44 AM
Sony and Microsoft must be behind the times.

This is the logic trolls use when whining about no Ethernet ports or internal storage for Wii U. Seriously, each console includes certain features, and you must buy others as accessories. The Wii U chooses to market to a different audience, so they've included the 2nd screen gameplay and motion controls with the console, and external storage/ethernet support comes as an accessory. Sony has chosen to include an ethernet port and large internal storage, and Microsoft has included those two and motion control. They are all simply targeting their consoles to a market, and leaving other options as accessories. Nintendo is aiming at people with who want to see more inventive gameplay, but have smaller budgets who tend to run their home off of WiFi.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#2b1gt0nePosted 10/3/2013 11:24:01 AM
screen-less controller = fail
#3originalhipsterPosted 10/3/2013 11:24:19 AM
The Wii U chooses to market to a different audience

The audience from 2005.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#4iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 11:29:45 AM
originalhipster posted...

The audience from 2005.

Last time I checked, since 2005, storage has gotten a LOT cheaper, and wireless connections have become much more available than wired ones.

And again, they chose not to inflate the cost with features their market might not use, and instead devoted that money to the Gamepad, which they thought their market would use.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#5MasterPokerPosted 10/3/2013 11:30:50 AM
Last I checked, the PS4 does have a controller with a screen on it.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande
#6Jacob46719Posted 10/3/2013 11:32:45 AM
MasterPoker posted...

a touchpad is not a screen.
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#7b1gt0nePosted 10/3/2013 11:36:20 AM
MasterPoker posted...

fail/10
#8SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/3/2013 11:38:08 AM
MasterPoker posted...

you are thinking of the steam box not the PS4 although its easy to get them mixed up as the future game selection on the 2 are almost the same, and probably cost less then the PS4 too
#9originalhipsterPosted 10/3/2013 11:38:54 AM
iKhan88 posted...
originalhipster posted...

The audience from 2005.

Last time I checked, since 2005, storage has gotten a LOT cheaper, and wireless connections have become much more available than wired ones.

And again, they chose not to inflate the cost with features their market might not use, and instead devoted that money to the Gamepad, which they thought their market would use.

Storage has gotten so much cheaper which makes the Wii U having almost none even more embarrassing for Nintendo. Cutting corners I'd only expect MS to cut.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#10Prince ShondronaiPosted 10/3/2013 11:39:58 AM
Give it a few years. Microsoft will release a special XB1 Surface controller, and Sony will drop the price of the Vita to the point where it'll be practical to buy as a companion piece to the PS4.

By then, Nintendo will be almost ready to release their next console.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.