The XB1 and PS4 don't even come with a screeen on the controller?!

#41ElectricMolePosted 10/3/2013 1:49:54 PM
Did the topic creator seriously make a thread pointing out being behind the times?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif
#42aDRE8Posted 10/3/2013 2:12:06 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
aDRE8 posted...
Nintendo fanboys are hillarious.

What if I don't want a screen on my controller? What if I prefer to play all my Wii U games using the Pro Controller?...Here's some responses I'll get:

Typical fanboy response # 1: You as a consumer don't know what you want. Nintendo will tell you what you want.

Typical fanboy response # 2: Then you don't like innovation. "lol!!!11 keep playing yur stu1d generic FPS games dudebro!!!11"

Typical fanboy response # 3: "Troll".... "Pony"..."Xbot".... "Not a hardcore gamer".

I'd respond in a similar way, but then I'd only be stooping down to your level.

That's cute. Good for you.

If anyone really thinks the TC's logic is valuable here, I feel sorry that you can't see through your own bias.

Is it so hard to admit to the fact that Nintendo makes amazing games, but are behind in terms of hardware?
#43iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 3:24:27 PM
Wii_Used posted...
iKhan88 posted...
Wii_Used posted...
The difference is industry/console 'standards' vs 'features'.

Industry standards that not everyone uses are broken all the time. Apple did it with the floppy drive, then with Firewire, then with the optical drive, and now with Ethernet.

There are the accepted basics/standards, like a large internal HDD, unified online accounts/ecosystems, USB 3.0, HDMI, controllers with 2 analogue sticks - as some examples. Then are are unique features like Kinect, the Wii U's giant touch screen, the PS4's touchpad/lightbar etc. Even the Steambox will have that awesome 'owl' controller. I really like the fact that there is diversity between all 4. However small it may be.

Again look at the computer industry to see how standards are often broken. Apple has broken industry standards multiple time. They also had to abandon command-based OS standards to implement the GUI. Microsoft did it with Windows 8 and Microsoft Word 07 when they abandoned the menu-bar based OS (something that Mac OS, Linux, AND Windows all had before). Now not everyone is a fan of these changes, but standards don't remain forever because markets that don't want those standards may be large.

In consoles, I promise you that there is a large number of people who don't care for a large HDD or an ethernet port. Digital games aren't all that popular right now, and households are becoming increasingly wirelessly based.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#44methosagainPosted 10/3/2013 3:46:39 PM
iKhan88 posted...
Wii_Used posted...
iKhan88 posted...
Wii_Used posted...

Industry standards that not everyone uses are broken all the time. Apple did it with the floppy drive, then with Firewire, then with the optical drive, and now with Ethernet.

There are the accepted basics/standards, like a large internal HDD, unified online accounts/ecosystems, USB 3.0, HDMI, controllers with 2 analogue sticks - as some examples. Then are are unique features like Kinect, the Wii U's giant touch screen, the PS4's touchpad/lightbar etc. Even the Steambox will have that awesome 'owl' controller. I really like the fact that there is diversity between all 4. However small it may be.

Again look at the computer industry to see how standards are often broken. Apple has broken industry standards multiple time. They also had to abandon command-based OS standards to implement the GUI. Microsoft did it with Windows 8 and Microsoft Word 07 when they abandoned the menu-bar based OS (something that Mac OS, Linux, AND Windows all had before). Now not everyone is a fan of these changes, but standards don't remain forever because markets that don't want those standards may be large.

In consoles, I promise you that there is a large number of people who don't care for a large HDD or an ethernet port. Digital games aren't all that popular right now, and households are becoming increasingly wirelessly based.

Digital games aren't that popular?????? Then why were 65% of all games sold last year Digital???
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#45iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 4:03:04 PM
methosagain posted...
iKhan88 posted...
Wii_Used posted...
iKhan88 posted...
Wii_Used posted...

Digital games aren't that popular?????? Then why were 65% of all games sold last year Digital???

Does that include iPhone games and PC games? And even if it doesn't, 35% is definitely large enough for a different market.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#46king_maddenPosted 10/3/2013 5:54:32 PM
i believe when they discuss digital games they include, phone, tablet, pc and console.

which would skew the numbers a bit.
#47RussiaOnePosted 10/3/2013 6:11:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Prince Shondronai posted...
Give it a few years. Microsoft will release a special XB1 Surface controller, and Sony will drop the price of the Vita to the point where it'll be practical to buy as a companion piece to the PS4.

By then, Nintendo will be almost ready to release their next console.

MS can do it now as they have warehouses full of the $1 billion dollar loss trash taking up space.

yup
---
3DS- 0946-2232-8974
160 Ignored (Will You Be Next?)
#48stevieb1234567Posted 10/4/2013 8:15:57 AM
Who gives a f**k. At least I can buy another controller if I want. That controller is so expensive if u wanted to buy another one it would cost about 185 dollars. I think its cool idea but stupid because u can never have 2 of them. U want to for friends. Doesn't it suck when ur playing with friend and he has to use crappy controller cause u get the good one...peace
---
Posted using GameFlux
#49iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 9:42:28 AM
stevieb1234567 posted...
Who gives a f**k. At least I can buy another controller if I want. That controller is so expensive if u wanted to buy another one it would cost about 185 dollars. I think its cool idea but stupid because u can never have 2 of them. U want to for friends. Doesn't it suck when ur playing with friend and he has to use crappy controller cause u get the good one...peace

The Wii u supports two gamepads. They just aren't sold in stores yet.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#50embrandedonePosted 10/4/2013 9:55:20 AM
Pupu27 posted...
Jacob46719 posted...
MasterPoker posted...
Last I checked, the PS4 does have a controller with a screen on it.

a touchpad is not a screen.

I think he refered to Vita

^

Even the much touted Wii U features for Human Revolution will be ported over to the PS3 using Vita.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board