Wii Vitural Console Games on the Game-Pad?

#1MarblesbunbunPosted 10/3/2013 1:40:24 PM
So yea, with the newest update you can play Wii games and Virtual console games on the gamepad (And sadly, this no longer stretches the 4:3 games to fit the screen and plays them letterboxed)

Anyways.. what's the point of buying the Wii U vc now? Save for being able to use the Gamepad to play which may or may not be eventually patched in someday.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2Stink_ApePosted 10/3/2013 1:44:01 PM
From: Marblesbunbun | Posted: 10/3/2013 4:40:24 PM | #001
sadly, this no longer stretches the 4:3 games to fit the screen and plays them letterboxed

People are happy about this.
---
NNID:Skunk_Ape
http://i.imgur.com/1mQDO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/0HcWR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MXLXOt2.gif
#3Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 1:51:14 PM
Stink_Ape posted...
From: Marblesbunbun | Posted: 10/3/2013 4:40:24 PM | #001
sadly, this no longer stretches the 4:3 games to fit the screen and plays them letterboxed

People are happy about this.

I'd rather have a choice. I liked the stretched since it filled the whole real-estate of the screen.
Also, I'm always afraid of Black Burn-in on my LCD/LED Screen televisions. (Yes it can still happen. though not sure how common it is in 2013, 2009 it was prevalent)
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#4NightzardPosted 10/3/2013 2:01:33 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
Anyways.. what's the point of buying the Wii U vc now? Save for being able to use the Gamepad to play which may or may not be eventually patched in someday.

Restore points, custom button mapping, more controller options, miiverse. Restore points and custom button mapping is enough of a reason for me to upgrade. Also, I agree with you, it would be nice to have the option to resize VC games to 16:9. I like playing my games in fullscreen.
---
The next sentence is false. The first sentence is true.
(3DS FC: 3222-5580-0349)(Wii U network: Nightzard)
#5Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 3:42:37 PM
Nightzard posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...

Restore points, custom button mapping, more controller options, miiverse. Restore points and custom button mapping is enough of a reason for me to upgrade. Also, I agree with you, it would be nice to have the option to resize VC games to 16:9. I like playing my games in fullscreen.

Thank you so much!
Yep, I have a 52 inch television and I feel like there is so much wasted space when it's not fullscreen.
Though it DOES have to be fitted right.
---
#6BalancelessPosted 10/3/2013 6:34:02 PM
Did I miss something here? Doesn't doing this still require the use of a Wii remote and classic controller?

I'd say, among the other things mentioned, the biggest benefit to Wii U vc is the ability to use the gamepad itself for control.
#7VivaLaRazaLHPosted 10/3/2013 6:52:29 PM
Wait we can play Wii VC on the Game pad now,!?!?
#8ThatKippPosted 10/3/2013 6:54:31 PM
VivaLaRazaLH posted...

Yes but you still need to use a Wii controller
---
They call me Wonder-Handsome
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#9DiscostewSMPosted 10/3/2013 6:54:47 PM
VivaLaRazaLH posted...

Yes, but you still need a Wiimote and such to play them. The Gamepad currently cannot be used for controller input (this will probably change in a future update).
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10Groudon199Posted 10/3/2013 7:07:18 PM
Nightzard posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...

I honestly don't see why people like playing games or watching TV like that. Is that how they grew up watching stuff?