I can't believe a remake of a Zelda game is the only good thing on this system.

#1LRodCPosted 10/3/2013 3:22:45 PM
Remember when people said that about the 3DS?
---
3DS FC: 1461-6200-7452
GameFAQs: Moderating you for your opinion since 1999.
#2dancing_cactuarPosted 10/3/2013 3:24:16 PM
Not sure if trolling, saying that Wind Waker HD is the only good game on Wii U, or supportive, saying that the Wii U will get awesome games and recover just like the 3DS.

I'll go with both.
---
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
The Wii ran out of gas in 2008- DrSouljaBoi69
#3DiscostewSMPosted 10/3/2013 3:26:34 PM
LRodC posted...
Remember when people said that about the 3DS?

And look at where the 3DS is now.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4EVOLUTION117Posted 10/3/2013 3:27:38 PM
dancing_cactuar posted...
Not sure if trolling, saying that Wind Waker HD is the only good game on Wii U, or supportive, saying that the Wii U will get awesome games and recover just like the 3DS.

I'll go with both.

I think TC meant the latter. Just missing the quotation marks in the topic title.
---
I am the true essence of Evil's bane. I am the Fierce Deity and I have risen again to kick your ass
#5spartansbrotherPosted 10/3/2013 3:27:48 PM

I'll go with both.

i dont think he is saying everything else is bad, i think he is talking about what happened on the 3ds will happen for the wii u soon enough, like when the 3ds had oot 3d
---
*wipes brown*
#6dancing_cactuarPosted 10/3/2013 3:28:43 PM
spartansbrother posted...

I'll go with both.

i dont think he is saying everything else is bad, i think he is talking about what happened on the 3ds will happen for the wii u soon enough, like when the 3ds had oot 3d

OK, I guess I did jump the gun a little.
---
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
The Wii ran out of gas in 2008- DrSouljaBoi69
#7ThatKippPosted 10/3/2013 3:31:32 PM
spartansbrother posted...

I'll go with both.

OK, I guess I did jump the gun a little.

Both systems got a Zelda remake, then a price cut and Super Mario 3D ______. Wii U is getting Mario Kart a little later than the 3DS, but that's beside the point.
---
They call me Wonder-Handsome
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#8ElectricMolePosted 10/6/2013 12:21:07 AM
Its NOT even a remake. Its an HD version, not a remake. Nintendo spent 6 months on it.

"4Gamer: I see. My impression is that there is a good balance between feeling of the original and a fresh feeling at the same time.

Aonuma: Yes. I thought it would be a waste to for this to simply be a test of the hardware. After that, I was told by staff, that this would not take too much time to develop. It takes a long time to develop a brand new game, so I thought it would be a shame to not have a Zelda game on the Wii U for a while. So I felt like it would be best to deliver something that can be done quickly and began work on the HD version.

4Gamer: Ah I see.

Aonuma: With the original release of Wind Waker, the first half of the game was well received, the later portion on the other hand, needed to be re-evaluated. That was my first time in control of the direction of the game and designing a game from scratch, there were some portions that I wanted to expand upon. If a remake were to happen, I believed I could work on some of those portions.

4Gamer: Does that mean the development time was not so long?

Aonuma: It took about 6 months. Development was still difficult. You had to consider the difference in hardware at the time. Additionally there is a technique known as toon shading, which gives the game a very animated look. At that time, the technique was established, but had not be used before by our staff, everyone had to do everything by hand."

http://www.zeldainformer.com/articles/an-interview-with-eiji-aonuma-wind-waker-hd-and-the-future-of-zelda-series#sthash.t7imRAVu.dpuf

---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif
#9GREEN00Posted 10/6/2013 12:43:17 AM
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate
ZombiU

Think again, TC
#10AkaneJonesPosted 10/6/2013 12:43:34 AM
Yes, but the statement isn't really applicable to WiiU. 3DS had a distinct lack of new stuff were as WiiU has things like Pikmin 2, Rayman Legends, & Wonderful 101. 3DS as the time either had games that weren't that good or pretty much handheld version of console games. Then again it was only a few months into 3DSs life. It took almost a year to get Wind Waker HD on WiiU.