Was Custom Robo any good, and should it come to the Wii U?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Was Custom Robo any good, and should it come to the Wii U?
2 years ago#1
I haven't heard nearly anything about this series. The only way I even know about it was from a recommendation flyer that I received with my copy of LoZ: Phantom Hourglass.

1. Was it any good?

2. Should they make another game for it?
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
2 years ago#2
The bad thing about those games is that outside of fighting, there's little to them.

However, the combat is superb. Easy to get into for new players, but once you start experimenting with parts, you can develop combos, techniques, your whole play style can change with a little customization.

Pick up Arena for the DS, and see for yourself. Should be nice and cheap.
---
Proud Captain Falcon Mainer
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/032011/brawl-falcon-punch.gif
2 years ago#3
1) Yes
2) Assuming they model the game after the GameCube entry and expand the RPG-esk story mode they should. But it does need Online to even attempt considering making a new one. As a whole I see the parts being locked down but being unlocked by both story or Online matches.

However this only unlocks parts for Online mode should you unlock them that way. Story mode parts are only unlocked in story mode for story mode, meaning you can unlock online parts form story mode but not story mode parts from online. The idea behind that is players who don't want to deal with story mode can skip it and not have it interfere with the online battles, but still make interesting to do so. This allows the story mode to craft what parts are available to the character more clearly to construct a challenge level balance.

Anyway it really need the more mature storyline concept and designs to help sell it. The classic kids in a battle tournament story while the original basis is far to childish for it's main audience to except, particularly the western one. With that it would be a great example of a game to lead those popular online "death battles" that make up other consoles bulk of players.
2 years ago#4
Yes, it's very good.
Yes, they should make another game, with online too.
---
If the turtle cage is dirty, I aint paying for it. - Catchphrase Jones.
2 years ago#5
Shadow_Mario01 posted...
The bad thing about those games is that outside of fighting, there's little to them.

However, the combat is superb. Easy to get into for new players, but once you start experimenting with parts, you can develop combos, techniques, your whole play style can change with a little customization.

Pick up Arena for the DS, and see for yourself. Should be nice and cheap.

100%agree on Arena, well reviewed game.
---
Yvan eht nioj
2 years ago#6
If they didn't make the story so long-winded, Custom Robo would be one of the best Gamecube games ever. Not sure how a Wii U Custom Robo would work, but I'd like to see one, preferably with an expanded multiplayer and online support.
---
There's no mistaking it.
2 years ago#7
I'll just post this, and see what ideas others come up with. NFC incorporated into Custom Robo.
---
Proud Captain Falcon Mainer
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/032011/brawl-falcon-punch.gif
2 years ago#8
Shadow_Mario01 posted...
I'll just post this, and see what ideas others come up with. NFC incorporated into Custom Robo.

National Football Conference?

Custom Robo is really good from a gameplay standpoint.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
2 years ago#9
I don't remember the game all that well (haven't played it in ages) but I remember LOVING it on the GameCube. If it's anything like I remember, I'd love a Wii U one.
2 years ago#10
I loved Custom Robo! I was disappointed with the story a bit, mostly cus of the end and my hype for the after story part. It turned out to be just tournament battles. I really looked forward to seeing the characters progress more. Other than that, that game is awesome.
---
What I see when someone types AC --> Armored Core
What they usually mean --> Assassins Creed...GAHHHH
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Was Custom Robo any good, and should it come to the Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived