I'm Loving the Gamepad

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I'm Loving the Gamepad
2 years ago#1
I had a lot of doubts about owning a Wii U. The idea of a Gamepad just wasn't appealing to me, even to the point where I didn't bother testing it out.

I got one just to play Wind Waker HD, and I love it. I can see what Nintendo was going for. It's unfortunate that I haven't heard many games take advantage of it fully, but I definitely love the changes in Wind Waker.

Can anyone recommend other Wii U games that make good use of the Gamepad? I already have Sonic: Lost Worlds and Super Mario 3D World on Pre-order :)
---
You can't change the past to go the way you wanted.
You can change the future to go the way you want.
2 years ago#2
Thank you for posting this. One of the reasons I've been hesitant to buy a Wii U is because the controller looks so cumbersome and awkward. It looks like it would get annoying to hold after awhile. So I find it encouraging to read about your experience with it.
2 years ago#3
I had a similar experience I guess. I'd never played the Wii U, but I was waiting for a price drop to grab one. Lo and behold not only do they do a price drop but a Zelda edition at the same time...

The whole time I'm thinking "who cares about the gamepad? Off TV play? I've never needed that before." Then suddenly I'm using the off tv play constantly and I quickly fell in love with the controller.
---
Cleaning up inaccuracies on the internet, one idiot at a time.
"A delayed game is eventually good, while a bad game is bad forever."-Shigeru Miyamoto
2 years ago#4
The gamepad is surprisingly comfortable to hold for long sessions. But I still don't like the size of it.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
2 years ago#5
Off TV Play is extremely underrated. It's even useful if you live alone.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
2 years ago#6
Glad you like the gamepad. I love browsing the internet on it :3
---
Liquid Snake: Snake, Did you like my sunglasses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
2 years ago#7
thepixelgarden posted...
Thank you for posting this. One of the reasons I've been hesitant to buy a Wii U is because the controller looks so cumbersome and awkward. It looks like it would get annoying to hold after awhile. So I find it encouraging to read about your experience with it.

The funny thing is thats exactly how I felt....till I used one. It doesn't look comfortable but it is. Sorcery!
Best bet though is to hold one yourself.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
2 years ago#8
The Gamepad is awesome. Plain and simple.

I was playing Warriors Orochi 3 on off-TV play and it's just a great experience. Also two player co-op with one person on the screen is perfect.

The demos in the store tethered with the heavy cords don't do it justice. Once you can walk around your house with one, and realize you can play on another floor entirely, is just an awesome realization.
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
2 years ago#9
I love the Game Pad. It's super comfortable to hold in my opinion. I prefer using it over the Wii U Pro controller, as it fits my hands better and the button placement doesn't feel as awkward as the Pro controller.
---
Currently playing: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD (iPad) / Tales of Xillia (PS3)
2 years ago#10
Off-TV Play is awesome. I frequently play Off-TV and watch TV simultaneously.
---
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Yeah, I'm a crossplayer. Deal with it.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I'm Loving the Gamepad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived