I'm Loving the Gamepad

#11thepixelgardenPosted 10/3/2013 6:22:59 PM
jackorhoads posted...
thepixelgarden posted...
Thank you for posting this. One of the reasons I've been hesitant to buy a Wii U is because the controller looks so cumbersome and awkward. It looks like it would get annoying to hold after awhile. So I find it encouraging to read about your experience with it.

The funny thing is thats exactly how I felt....till I used one. It doesn't look comfortable but it is. Sorcery!
Best bet though is to hold one yourself.

Cool, I'll have to find one. Maybe there's a kiosk somewhere.
#12DarkMark942Posted 10/3/2013 6:24:43 PM
>3333 Gamepad
---
Not changing sig until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl
#13cmincPosted 10/3/2013 6:44:32 PM
Need for speed and splintercell use it pretty well. As do lego city and rayman. Theres the minigame stuff like nintendoland and game and wario, too. But those were kind of lacking in longterm appeal to me.

Honestly, and kind of akwardly, it's nintendo itself thats not really doing that much with the gamepad. Ubisoft has this thing locked down. In fact, even tho i didnt care for it (im a sissy), zombiu is also fantastic where gamepad integration is concerned and is a very good buy if you like the crap scared out of you one step at a time.
---
---
#14LaManoNeraIIPosted 10/3/2013 6:52:23 PM
It's incredibly comfortable when it has no business being so. I really only would buy a Pro controller for multiplayer.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#15TalentedMPosted 10/3/2013 6:56:47 PM
W101 does a good job with it. Need for Speed was good as well (and cheap now!). Lego City uses it for more of a map but it wasn't bad, it was kinda cool to have the other characters calling you on it and Pikmin 3 uses it as well, though it is a bit more useful to use Wiimote+Chuck.

Nintendo Land is all about the gamepad.

Off TV play is supported by almost every game and is a huge selling point and has come in more handy than I can think. I have used it while messing around, walking around the house, when my roomate is using my TV, etc. It is just awesome.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#16stop3Posted 10/3/2013 7:17:59 PM
I hear Zombie U makes excellent use of the gamepad, but I haven't tried it yet. Plan to get it for halloween!
#17GodofLazinessPosted 10/3/2013 7:40:48 PM
Gamepad is one of the best controller I've ever held in my life. Love it. Love browsing the web with it and I love what it could add to gaming.

Batman Arkham City also use the Gamepad pretty well. I'm currently playing it.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#18felipin24Posted 10/3/2013 7:53:27 PM
I was really impressed with how wii street u used the gamepad. The wii u rocks.
---
3ds FC 3823-8642-5293
#19I2aScAII(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 8:42:10 AM
I should have posted more details.

I love having dual screens. The gameplay in Wind Waker is completely seamless as I never have to pause the game. I can do everything on the Gamepad.

Somehow, I feel even more immersed when playing. I actually look forward to turning on my Wii U just to hold a system in my hand that also controls what's on TV.

I wish I could describe better what the experience is, but all I can say is... try it yourself! :)
---
You can't change the past to go the way you wanted.
You can change the future to go the way you want.