Need help deciding if now is the right time to buy Wii U

#1nofpskthxPosted 10/3/2013 10:49:03 PM
Topic.
Here are my arguments for purchase now:
I'm planning on buying eventually anyways
Buying now can get me limited edition Wii U plus Zelda: WW which I'm planning on playing
Despite the little incentive Mario games occur in me, I know I'll enjoy NSMB Wii U and 3D World
Even without release date yet, I know for a fact I will be playing Monolith Soft's 'X'

Arguments against:
currently only games I'm interested in are Zelda and NSMB
excluding games I've already mentioned, there aren't really any games announced that spark any interest for me
Tentative emotions regarding the gamepad
I still dislike motion controls, or rather, I dislike not having the option to use them or not. I especially felt cheated with Zelda: SS because it looked like a great game and every chance I gave it I couldn't get over my dislike of the controls even though I wanted to and was so interested in the story. For me, gaming is a commitment to plop down on my couch and turd out for a little while; it is the particular activity I prefer to veg out with. And my understanding is that Nintendo intends to continue with the motion control trend so naturally I'm becoming more skeptical and hesitant.

Thoughts? For the monetary value is it worth it to buy now? Does anybody foresee a further drop in prices in the future? Or if the library will grow into something more inviting than it is now (yes, an opinion question but that's what I'm asking for)?
#2Kromlech06Posted 10/3/2013 10:54:38 PM
Just do it.

Also MH3U and W101.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#31shadetail1Posted 10/3/2013 10:59:17 PM
It will drop in price again *eventually* but don't expect it any time soon.

I would strongly recommend giving Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 a try. They're both outstanding. Wonderful 101, in particular, is very a satisfying challenge, and there's a free downloadable demo for it on the eShop.

If you think NSMBU looks good, Rayman Legends might also be worth a go. It's the same basic genre (platformer), though still very different.

All of the above games have Gamepad controls, though I personally feel Pikmin 3 controls better with the Remote+Nunchuk.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4R_HunterPosted 10/3/2013 11:00:26 PM
Find a Best Buy and try demos of 101 and Rayman and MH3.

Then get a U, with those games.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#5nofpskthx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 12:34:51 AM
Rayman actually probably would be good; I had forgotten to include it. I played it years ago and quite liked it. Indeed, I've been eyeing it on the e-shop and trying to pick between console or handheld. I also forgot to mention Donkey Kong, which was pretty decent I thought; DKCR TF looks to be enjoyable as well.

What does the community think about the possibility of new IP's in the future for Nintendo? Or I guess, the likelihood of NOA localizing more games (and in a timely manner... lol)?

And ty for your thoughts btw; its appreciated.
#6TalentedMPosted 10/4/2013 12:42:22 AM
nofpskthx posted...
Thoughts?

Well there are plenty of games to play now for it, especially for a new adopter to get in on. I will say this, I have invited people over who were on the fence about the Wii U and them just playing with the gamepad and the games I own (14 games with Zelda) they have a blast.

For the monetary value is it worth it to buy now? Does anybody foresee a further drop in prices in the future?

Yeah it is totally worth it IMO. You have plenty of games to play on it and more to come in the near future. I don't see a price drop happening any time soon, no, but you might see some different bundles in the future.

Or if the library will grow into something more inviting than it is now (yes, an opinion question but that's what I'm asking for)?

Definitely, even with Nintendo only exclusives there are still games right now to be excited over and I am sure plenty more to come in the works we just don't know about.

I have recommended the system to plenty of people, and I am more of a PC gamer myself, but this system gives you something the others don't and that the PC can't offer up right now.

I bought one at launch and have loved it even when there weren't a whole lot of games to get for it.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#7TalentedMPosted 10/4/2013 12:46:09 AM
nofpskthx posted...
What does the community think about the possibility of new IP's in the future for Nintendo?

Very possible, there has been talks for a while about a new IP by Miyamoto since July. I am sure there are more than that in the works for it as well by them or by other people they are paying to do it, like W101.

Or I guess, the likelihood of NOA localizing more games (and in a timely manner... lol)?

And ty for your thoughts btw; its appreciated.

I wouldn't hold your breath too much about it. I am sure they will bring some over, but not as much as some would like.

To be fair, I don't know much about their localization.
---
#8ElectricMolePosted 10/4/2013 1:27:42 AM
Buy it. Its already had a price drop
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif
#9nofpskthx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 1:43:22 AM
TalentedM posted...
nofpskthx posted...
What does the community think about the possibility of new IP's in the future for Nintendo?

Very possible, there has been talks for a while about a new IP by Miyamoto since July. I am sure there are more than that in the works for it as well by them or by other people they are paying to do it, like W101.

Could you share any more information regarding Miyamoto's new IP?
#10TalentedMPosted 10/4/2013 2:00:26 AM
nofpskthx posted...
TalentedM posted...
nofpskthx posted...

Could you share any more information regarding Miyamoto's new IP?

No, because he has been keeping it really quiet. There was a rumor it was a FPS, but I don't know if that is the one he is working and shifting everyone onto now.

After Pikmin 3 was finished apparently he has been busy with this new project.

http://www.gengame.net/2013/07/shigeru-miyamoto-reconfirms-that-hes-hard-at-work-on-his-new-ip/
---