Need help deciding if now is the right time to buy Wii U

#11nofpskthx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 5:31:17 PM
Just an update msg:

Thanks for all your responses. I DID visit a store and play demo's. So all yesterday I was away from gamefaqs because I was getting acquainted with my new Wii U! Very fun so far and I think there is a lot of promise with it.
#12TheWiseAlaundoPosted 10/5/2013 5:43:18 PM
If you want the WWHD bundle I'd decide soon. It is limited edition and won't be around forever.
---
So sayeth the Wise Alaundo.
#13FenderMasterPosted 10/5/2013 5:46:01 PM
Now is not the time. Wait until SM3DW reviews come out. Decide then. Or maybe wait until SSB and MK8 come out, by then there'll be enough games to justify the purchase and we may know of the next Zelda/Metroid or Mario and future third party games.

Now is not the time, too many unknowns, not enough must have games
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#14nofpskthx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 10:10:25 PM
FenderMaster posted...
Now is not the time. Wait until SM3DW reviews come out. Decide then. Or maybe wait until SSB and MK8 come out, by then there'll be enough games to justify the purchase and we may know of the next Zelda/Metroid or Mario and future third party games.

Now is not the time, too many unknowns, not enough must have games

Two posts above you, you'll see that I updated this topic with my news (that being I bought a Wii U).

However I think you open up an opportunity for discussion on the merits of purchasing a Wii U, now or later.

For me, the deciding factors were these: a count of all games being released between now and the end of '14 that I know I would or will be playing, certain interests on the eshop, my newly favorable feeling regarding the gamepad, and most importantly the price drop + bundle.

I knew that one day I would buy the system. I would have purchased just to play Monolith Soft's X after the fantastic experience that was Xenoblade Chronicles. I've never played WWHD, but decided to give a whirl now that its in HD. I know I'll be enjoying SM3DW... Honestly, I can give it a play by play, and I still most likely will be able to count a grand total of games on both hands. For me having 5 games on a console to play is pretty big as I'm far too picky. The Wii U totaled 6 for games I currently KNOW I can and most likely will be playing (they all will need to be release ofc).
With a bundle + price drop, and armed with that knowledge, now IS a good time. For me.

I don't doubt there are other people surfing forums wondering the same things. So lets see if we can develop something of a discussion that they can refer to regarding the Wii U's value as an educated purchase CURRENTLY.