Features Wii U owners would like to see in a future firmware update?

#1lp913Posted 10/3/2013 11:18:30 PM
Ok, so after the most recent update, what features fellow Wii U owners would you like to see in a future firmware update? I have a few in mind:

- eShop navigation with just the use of either the Wii Remote/Plus, Classic and or Pro Controllers (surprised this hasn't happened already)

- OS Folders for extra games and apps ala 3DS OS

- An official Photo/Music player app either via SDHC Card, External HDD or both.

- Flipnote Studio Wii U version

- Wii Classic Controller inputs implemented for actual GamePad use for compatible old Wii games in Wii mode

That's pretty much all I can think of.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#2MotiJrPosted 10/3/2013 11:21:48 PM
Cross game chat

Account system

Thats bout it for now.
---
I'm incredibly blunt so if the truth offends you, get in your bubble and blow away. No time to be fake and sugar coat things. You get offended, you deserved it
#3TalentedMPosted 10/3/2013 11:31:40 PM
Account system

Friends list group on main screen - Friends online grouped with you. It is more of an astetics thing, but something I want to be on there so you see their Miis and what they are playing without having to get into Miiverse, kinda like the 360 friends list.

Party Chat
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#4GamerRafPosted 10/3/2013 11:44:56 PM
All I care about is using the Gamepad to replace the classic controller. I already have the Wii U pro controller but for some games I need to purchase the classic one which I don't want to do. Using the gamepad would be pretty awkward to use to play some wii games like Skyward sword because I'm not going to be waving my gamepad so it's not something I would want implemented anytime soon.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#5turtlej-manPosted 10/4/2013 1:00:18 AM
A speedier operating system. Some of it is good, but other stuff takes too long to load still.

Integrate the friends list better with mii-verse. It takes too long to see who's online, and what they're doing.

When opening up the home menu, access the friends list should be quick. Instead of loading up a whole new section, a quick swipe to the side for a different screen that has all that stuff preloaded would be great.

The ability to put music on the system. Listening to custom soundtracks is always a great feature. Games like Tekken Tag 2 on 360 and ps3 really take advantage of this. But the Wii U version can't.

Gamepad control support for Wii games.

To be able to turn off the gamepad when watching movies.

Give us more stuff to do while video chatting.
---
If a Killer Instinct 3 is never made....AT LEAST PUT THE FIRST 2 ON XBLA!!!!!
#6TalentedMPosted 10/4/2013 1:06:53 AM
turtlej-man posted...

Pretty sure all you have to do is go to the controller settings and turn the screen off, any button press after that will light it back up. It is in the home menu.

But it should be a timer that shuts it off completely after no use for a set time that you personally set.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#7GencoilPosted 10/4/2013 5:45:39 AM(edited)
- Folders in the system menu.
- Ability to use the Gamepad as controller for Wii games (for those that support it, like Super Smash Bros Brawl and Xenoblade).
- Ability to turn off the Gamepad while Pro Controller is used.
- Make Wii U mode accept Pro Controller input.
- When a friend goes online or offline, display a small box saying "(Username) is now online/offline". (Turned off by default, must be turned on from the system settings menu).
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#8BoomerTheGreatPosted 10/4/2013 5:45:48 AM
MotiJr posted...
Cross game chat

Account system

Thats bout it for now.

Same here plus increased gamepad range if possible. Maybe allow the touch screen be used as like a wii mote.
---
Greatness comes from within
#9stop3Posted 10/4/2013 5:46:45 AM
#1. Using the gamepad (and/or wii u pro controller) as a "classic controller" in Wii mode.

#2. The ability to take screenshots at full resolution. I hate that all screenshots on miiverse are small and blurry.

#3. The ability to email screenshots, or download them on an SD card or something.

#4. Folders (For bonus points, I'd a like lockable folders that I could put M rated games in and keep them away from the kids. My youngest doesn't even like to see the icons of M rated games... he gets scared.)
#10stop3Posted 10/4/2013 6:06:47 AM
Oh yeah, this one too:

That's a big deal. Having a tiny screen mirroring it under my big screen is annoying.