Sony President Yoshida Has Two Wii U Consoles

#61ZeroArcheryPosted 10/4/2013 9:18:13 AM
Jackal posted...
Fisto81 posted...
donkeyjack posted...
Lol@ Sony stealing the d-pads, shoulder buttons and etc.

Next Toyota stole engine from Ford.

You are completely ignorant. D-pad seems obvious NOW but it was a huge innovation for its time.

Before Nintendo invented the cross shape d-pad, all game controllers used to be a joystick held with your right hand. D-pad COMPLETELY changed the way we play games, and it came 2 decades after video games were invented.

Have you ever even seen Colecovison and Intellivision and Atari 5200 controllers? Apparently you have never used them.

Lol this guy.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#62Fisto81Posted 10/4/2013 9:19:42 AM
Jackal posted...
Fisto81 posted...
donkeyjack posted...

You are completely ignorant. D-pad seems obvious NOW but it was a huge innovation for its time.

Before Nintendo invented the cross shape d-pad, all game controllers used to be a joystick held with your right hand. D-pad COMPLETELY changed the way we play games, and it came 2 decades after video games were invented.

Have you ever even seen Colecovison and Intellivision and Atari 5200 controllers? Apparently you have never used them.

Colecovision and 5200 have joysticks. Intellivision used a super crappy circle pad.

Your not doing yourself any favors here genius.
#63JackalPosted 10/4/2013 9:20:29 AM
ZeroArchery posted...
Jackal posted...
Fisto81 posted...
donkeyjack posted...

Lol this guy.

So you agree with him that all controllers were held in the right hand?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#64YamsPosted 10/4/2013 9:20:56 AM
Fisto81 posted...

Except it's really just a flat-surfaced joystick.

I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't deserve credit for some of their ideas, but most of the earlier ones were inevitable. The primary reason they did it first was because of how few serious competitors were in the market.
#65atopp399Posted 10/4/2013 9:21:01 AM
I think it is smart of him. He can see firsthand what the competition is doing rather than browse the internet or wait for 8-5 workers to fill him in on it.
#66JimothyJohnsPosted 10/4/2013 9:23:09 AM
squidgy617 posted...
Its nice to see this. Shouldn't this give fanboys more understanding of why brand loyalty is stupid?

Probably not, but I can dream can't I?

All fanboys are a lost cause.
#67Final Fantasy2389Posted 10/4/2013 9:25:22 AM
I love reading about the other companies playing each others games and systems. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

And makes me wanna punch fanboys in the face for their stupid console wars they themselves make and not the actual companies.
---
http://bit.ly/YH0AmG
#68suprsoliderPosted 10/4/2013 9:28:22 AM
I don't hate Nintendo.

I just hate what they have become.

I want the Nintendo I grew up with back. The one who kicked asses and took names. The one from the NES and SNES era's.

The one where I could get awesome games like Star Tropics, Kid Icarus, Super Metroid, and more.

That Nintendo seems to have died, and we got this shell in it's place. We get remakes of old games now sold at full price. They try to lure us in with gimmicks controller instead of horsepower.
They are more catered to the casual gamers than they are for the people who buy their games.

I will admit I am a bit of a Sony fanboy and that is because they give me what I want to play. I get MGS, I get games like The Last of Us, Uncharted series, stuff I WANT TO PLAY. I don't care about crap like Wii Fit U,Pikmin, Mario 3D land.

Nintendo used to be a powerhouse in the industry now it's turned into a lousy mouse that would rather rely on cheap ploys than truly compete.

Where is the Nintendo from the SNES days that went head to head with Sega and the Genesis?
Where did that Nintendo go? That is the Nintendo I want, not the modern day mouse Nintendo, but the Lion king of the Jungle Nintendo.

Take this however you like Nintendo fanboys, but to me, Nintendo has changed, Sony now took Nintendo's role with Microsoft closely behind.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#69JackalPosted 10/4/2013 9:28:40 AM
Yams posted...
Fisto81 posted...

Except it's really just a flat-surfaced joystick.

I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't deserve credit for some of their ideas, but most of the earlier ones were inevitable. The primary reason they did it first was because of how few serious competitors were in the market.

Not only this but the other controllers offered better 8 direction control like arcade joystick because the games they were made to play were based on them. One was even analog. They were also ambidextrous in design and could be used by left or right handed players unlike the NES controller which forces buttons to one side and the d-pad to another like the Vectrex. All of these controllers are progressions from previous designs.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#70vidalmorazaPosted 10/4/2013 9:40:22 AM
How this news keep poping out? It was big when he started to post on Miiverse, you know, back in the Wii U launch
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg