Kill One Nintendo Franchise

#21albertojz356Posted 10/4/2013 11:18:10 AM
Starfox is the one I enjoy the least and the first i'd get rid of.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#22Kromlech06Posted 10/4/2013 11:19:13 AM
Starfox is already dead lol, so that.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#23HaloOfTheSun442Posted 10/4/2013 11:23:40 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
I chose Mario. By killing that franchise, you've killed NSMB, 3D Land / World, the 3D Mario single player games, Mario Kart, Mario Party, most of the spin-off games, and a sizable portion of the Smash Brothers roster.

What this would do is force Nintendo to really bring some interesting new IPs or at least release some games in older IPs that almost never see the light of day.

That wouldn't accomplish anything. Nintendo has said many times that they often will just think of a fun idea for a game and then use existing characters for the game instead of taking an IP and then thinking of a new game for it, because as they put it, people are more comfortable with familiar characters. Getting rid of Mario and spin-off games would just result in Zelda Kart and Kirby Party.
#24TerotrousPosted 10/4/2013 11:29:18 AM(edited)
Pupu27 posted...
Noooo, why did you guys kill my Animal Crossing franchise?

My reasoning is that I feel there's already enough Animal Crossing to go around. It's not like we're talking about erasing the series from history, you can still continue to play the Animal Crossing games that already exist, there just won't be any more.

IMO, the series has barely advanced at all since the GC game (in fact, the GC game is arguably the best one) and seems unlikely to ever do so, so it's not a huge loss.

I feel like AC has the potential to get way better, as I noted before, basically by borrowing from Harvest Moon. One thing Harvest Moon does WAY better than AC is having interesting characters. The characters in HM have personalities and backstories and as you befriend them you gradually come to learn more about them. AC drastically needs this to give you an incentive to care about the villagers. As it stands, you're supposed to go out and make friends and care about your town but the villagers are all totally interchangeable so it doesn't matter if they leave.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#25JackalPosted 10/4/2013 11:35:46 AM
If I kill Nintendo then I kill the source! Oui? >:-D
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#26trenkenPosted 10/4/2013 11:39:01 AM
Mario needs to go away for a long while. Its just rehash after rehash with the same world themes and not even close to enough innovation.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#27cucumberkingPosted 10/4/2013 12:11:55 PM
As much as I dislike every Metroid besides Other M, I have to give it F Zero. GX was awesome, but there is nowhere the series can go.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti
#28CrystalKing5426Posted 10/4/2013 12:13:23 PM
cucumberking posted...
As much as I dislike every Metroid besides Other M, I have to give it F Zero. GX was awesome, but there is nowhere the series can go.

Wat
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Dark Samus for SSB4
#29AlphrinPosted 10/4/2013 12:19:38 PM
Starfox just seems to be a mess with no real identity. It's characters and world never really clicked with me, either. They don't feel as vivid or imaginative as other Nintendo IP.

Its only stellar installments were the N64 and SNES games, and they could easily assign that gameplay to another IP.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#30NovaLevossidaPosted 10/4/2013 12:25:16 PM
HaloOfTheSun442 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
I chose Mario. By killing that franchise, you've killed NSMB, 3D Land / World, the 3D Mario single player games, Mario Kart, Mario Party, most of the spin-off games, and a sizable portion of the Smash Brothers roster.

What this would do is force Nintendo to really bring some interesting new IPs or at least release some games in older IPs that almost never see the light of day.

That wouldn't accomplish anything. Nintendo has said many times that they often will just think of a fun idea for a game and then use existing characters for the game instead of taking an IP and then thinking of a new game for it, because as they put it, people are more comfortable with familiar characters. Getting rid of Mario and spin-off games would just result in Zelda Kart and Kirby Party.

Well, I'll be damned. That's instantly more refreshing than another Mario rehash. Different characters, different setting, different power-ups / items, etc. Same gameplay, but at least it's not the same aesthetic design for the tenth time in a row.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL