Cute update, Nintendo. Now combine the Friends List and Miiverse apps.

#1DTY3Posted 10/4/2013 1:47:39 PM
Please. The Friend List app does not need to exist. Just mere them.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#2InfamouslyNycePosted 10/4/2013 2:19:08 PM
I don't think that's a good idea.

Personally, I think they should have widgets within the Home Menu for things like the friendlist, Miiverse, and downloads, so you don't have to wait for a loading screen to open the app fully.

The friendslist should allow messaging, as opposed to opening Miiverse or Wii U chat to communicate.

It should be set up in a way that makes it efficient to communicate while playing a game simultaneously. If they were added as widgets, you could view your friendlist and send a message within seconds, without severly disrupting gameplay. Same goes for Miiverse, a widget in the home menu should allow you to post a status/screenshot, and check what's trending (maybe a ticker?) Without fully opening the Miiverse app.

The Wii U menu (with the icons at the bottom) should be used to launch the full application.
---
Nintendo Network ID: Inf4mous
#3ThatKippPosted 10/4/2013 2:37:21 PM
InfamouslyNyce posted...
The friendslist should allow messaging, as opposed to opening Miiverse or Wii U chat to communicate.

This please. I don't want to have to go through Miiverse to send my friend a text message.
---
They call me Wonder-Handsome
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#4TransdudePosted 10/4/2013 2:38:47 PM
InfamouslyNyce posted...

Personally, I think they should have widgets within the Home Menu for things like the friendlist, Miiverse, and downloads, so you don't have to wait for a loading screen to open the app fully.

It should be set up in a way that makes it efficient to communicate while playing a game simultaneously. If they were added as widgets, you could view your friendlist and send a message within seconds, without severly disrupting gameplay. Same goes for Miiverse, a widget in the home menu should allow you to post a status/screenshot, and check what's trending (maybe a ticker?) Without fully opening the Miiverse app.

The Wii U menu (with the icons at the bottom) should be used to launch the full application.

Basically, something similar to what Steam does, is that correct?
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#5DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 2:39:17 PM
InfamouslyNyce posted...

If they just take the first step and put the friends list IN Miiverse (yknow, the place where you send friend requests and send messages) then we wouldnt need the Friends List as a seperate app.

The Miiverse app would include a list of friends, what they are playing, and you would still be able to message them.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#6InfamouslyNycePosted 10/4/2013 3:16:47 PM
@Transdude I've never used steam, so if its similar I guess so lol.

DTY3 posted...
InfamouslyNyce posted...

If they just take the first step and put the friends list IN Miiverse (yknow, the place where you send friend requests and send messages) then we wouldnt need the Friends List as a seperate app.

The Miiverse app would include a list of friends, what they are playing, and you would still be able to message them.

That sounds cool, and you are correct with Miiverse being the hub for messages/friend requests. If things became widget based, going by your idea, you'd have to navigate as follows: miiverse/friendlist/messaging. If the friendlist becomes a widget itself, you'd have 2 less menus to navigate through to send a quick text message while in game.

I just wish they'd add all the apps (sans tvii and the browser) as widgets within the home menu to cut on load times and keep us from fully opening new screens to communicate.
---
Nintendo Network ID: Inf4mous
#7DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:31:01 AM
They should. Parental Controls and System Settings should NOT be APPS!
---