How is the Xbone even gonna compete with Mario?

#1NintendoXGamesPosted 10/4/2013 3:06:03 PM
Mario is released on the same day as the Xbone, they might as well just delay the release of the console since Mario is gonna win in sales.
#2GamerRafPosted 10/4/2013 3:08:03 PM
Not everyone are fans of Mario. Hardcore gamers will buy their Xbone one anyways regardless. I'd buy a console over a game anyday especially a launch one(PS4 not XBone for me only).
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#3shinstrikePosted 10/4/2013 3:11:13 PM
they'll compete..they managed to somehow slap their audience in the face multiple times, only to say "sorry" , but they'll compete.

i'm personally nto getting the Xbox one, but that Mario 3D world game? yeaaaaa i know what im playing on that day.

strictly speaking, Super Mario 3D world looks much more promising than any of the PS4 or Xbox one's launch titles.
---
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I Killed humans by the thousands!!!! Look at me !!!! I am Sublime!!!!!! I am the true face of evil!!!" - Luca Blight
#4iKhan88Posted 10/4/2013 3:12:13 PM
On launch day, it will compete because of ravenous console fanboys. However, sales will sharply drop after that. When I tell people the XB1 is $500, they are reaction is "Oh...", as in "Oh... never mind"
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#5segagamerPosted 10/4/2013 3:12:52 PM
Because people like sony and microsoft games?
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#6heartlesshero17Posted 10/4/2013 3:13:17 PM
I mean, yeah Mario is gonna bring some sales to the Wii U but nothing that should make microsoft concerned. Its a game vs a new console. People who were gonna get it day one before probably haven't changed their minds

At the most Wii U will have relevant sales numbers that week if everything goes as smooth as Nintendo hopes
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
#7DiscostewSMPosted 10/4/2013 3:13:40 PM
Fanatics aren't gonna to cancel their XB1 pre-orders for a plumber. They gotta get their system so that they can finally watch TV.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#8Ben622Posted 10/4/2013 3:16:02 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Fanatics aren't gonna to cancel their XB1 pre-orders for a plumber. They gotta get their system so that they can finally watch TV.
#9FenderMasterPosted 10/4/2013 3:17:25 PM
SM3DW doesn't have much hype, and the WiiU isn't too popular.

I know the X1 has a bad reputation, but it's still a hardware launch, it overshadows underperforming hardware and a Mario game that isn't really generating much excitement.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#10detchibePosted 10/4/2013 3:21:02 PM
GamerRaf posted...
Not everyone are fans of Mario. Hardcore gamers will buy their Xbone one anyways regardless. I'd buy a console over a game anyday especially a launch one(PS4 not XBone for me only).

>"hardcore gamers"
>Xbox One

Guess what, Wii U is for hardcore gamers too.