How is the Xbone even gonna compete with Mario?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How is the Xbone even gonna compete with Mario?
3 years ago#1
Mario is released on the same day as the Xbone, they might as well just delay the release of the console since Mario is gonna win in sales.
3 years ago#2
Not everyone are fans of Mario. Hardcore gamers will buy their Xbone one anyways regardless. I'd buy a console over a game anyday especially a launch one(PS4 not XBone for me only).
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
3 years ago#3
they'll compete..they managed to somehow slap their audience in the face multiple times, only to say "sorry" , but they'll compete.

i'm personally nto getting the Xbox one, but that Mario 3D world game? yeaaaaa i know what im playing on that day.

strictly speaking, Super Mario 3D world looks much more promising than any of the PS4 or Xbox one's launch titles.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I Killed humans by the thousands!!!! Look at me !!!! I am Sublime!!!!!! I am the true face of evil!!!" - Luca Blight
3 years ago#4
On launch day, it will compete because of ravenous console fanboys. However, sales will sharply drop after that. When I tell people the XB1 is $500, they are reaction is "Oh...", as in "Oh... never mind"
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
3 years ago#5
Because people like sony and microsoft games?
Wii U+Steam Box :)
3 years ago#6
I mean, yeah Mario is gonna bring some sales to the Wii U but nothing that should make microsoft concerned. Its a game vs a new console. People who were gonna get it day one before probably haven't changed their minds

At the most Wii U will have relevant sales numbers that week if everything goes as smooth as Nintendo hopes
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
3 years ago#7
Fanatics aren't gonna to cancel their XB1 pre-orders for a plumber. They gotta get their system so that they can finally watch TV.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
3 years ago#8
DiscostewSM posted...
Fanatics aren't gonna to cancel their XB1 pre-orders for a plumber. They gotta get their system so that they can finally watch TV.
3 years ago#9
SM3DW doesn't have much hype, and the WiiU isn't too popular.

I know the X1 has a bad reputation, but it's still a hardware launch, it overshadows underperforming hardware and a Mario game that isn't really generating much excitement.
http://www.jvp-boston.org
3 years ago#10
GamerRaf posted...
Not everyone are fans of Mario. Hardcore gamers will buy their Xbone one anyways regardless. I'd buy a console over a game anyday especially a launch one(PS4 not XBone for me only).

>"hardcore gamers"
>Xbox One

Guess what, Wii U is for hardcore gamers too.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How is the Xbone even gonna compete with Mario?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived