What can Nintendo do to spice up the fans who were underwhelmed by Mario Kart 8?

#31sonicnewboyPosted 10/9/2013 3:10:01 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
sonicnewboy posted...
manmouse posted...
who's underwhelmed? people are pretty damn impressed by it. it's got whole new physics and a brand new level design philosophy, which can lead to an entirely different gameplay approach.

I was underwhelmed. But then I watched the trailer again, and am no longer underwhelmed. I didn't notice the anti-gravity stuff before. Those stages look trippy, and overall the game looks absolutely beautiful and fun to play.

Not to insult you or anything, but...that was kind of the point of the trailer....

I'm sure it was, but I think I was too excited about other announcements at the time to pay much attention to the Mario kart trailer. It just looked like another Mario Kart to me at the time.
#32HungoverHero777Posted 10/9/2013 3:11:38 PM
sonicnewboy posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
sonicnewboy posted...
manmouse posted...
who's underwhelmed? people are pretty damn impressed by it. it's got whole new physics and a brand new level design philosophy, which can lead to an entirely different gameplay approach.

I was underwhelmed. But then I watched the trailer again, and am no longer underwhelmed. I didn't notice the anti-gravity stuff before. Those stages look trippy, and overall the game looks absolutely beautiful and fun to play.

Not to insult you or anything, but...that was kind of the point of the trailer....

I'm sure it was, but I think I was too excited about other announcements at the time to pay much attention to the Mario kart trailer. It just looked like another Mario Kart to me at the time.

Eh, I can understand.
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#33_Candice_Posted 10/9/2013 9:33:37 PM
Chaze_the_chat posted...
They want to make it good, not suck

You sure hate fun.

:(
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#34IokuaPosted 10/9/2013 10:25:20 PM
Chenmaster2 posted...
I'm not saying it's typical and all.

I'm just disappointed there were no new items and balloon battle survival.

Wait, you're asking them to spice things up by using a mechanic that the series debuted with 20 years ago? How the **** does that work?
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#35StarBladeEdgePosted 10/10/2013 12:43:06 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...
Well it didn't really do anything new.

You must have watched the wrong trailer.

this or just another troll

mario kart doesn't even need to do anything new lol it's always good
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI
Sazh: ''Blasted ****ball !!''
#36Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/10/2013 1:21:31 AM
ITT: It's very possible TC is thinking of Mario Kart 7.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#37BoUPosted 10/10/2013 1:26:29 AM
This topic is so confusing. :/
#38suprsoliderPosted 10/10/2013 1:34:07 AM
They can make a system that doesn't suck for once.

They haven't done that since the SNES so I don't have any hope of having one any time soon.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#39Ultima_D_StrikePosted 10/10/2013 1:37:30 AM
The game looks great but, after seeing that 9 minute gameplay footage i was kind of disappointed in the use of the gamepad.
Wouldn't it be cool if the screen was used as a back mirror so it would be easier to use items against players behind you.
---
GameFaqs the place where opinions become facts!
#40arvilinoPosted 10/10/2013 1:40:59 AM
Ultima_D_Strike posted...
The game looks great but, after seeing that 9 minute gameplay footage i was kind of disappointed in the use of the gamepad.
Wouldn't it be cool if the screen was used as a back mirror so it would be easier to use items against players behind you.

Probably not in local multiplayer, it'd be a bit unfair for the others players.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."