Wii U sales are looking good in NA

#1The_RamiPosted 10/5/2013 5:25:22 PM
It sold around 29,000 consoles last week. That's 4th best after 360, PS3, and 3DS. The problem is that it's not selling that great around the world, with only 5k in Japan and 5k in Europe last week.

VGchartz #s but they always seem to be pretty accurate so I don't get the hate they get.

In fact I would say those are great numbers. The console still doesn't really have any "system seller" Nintendo games. Pikmin doesn't really have a huge fan base, and NSMB is just 1 game.
---
3DS FC: 4227-1401-7915
Currently playing: GTA V, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land, Rayman Origins, Super Mario Bros 3, Batman AA, NBA 2K13
#2The_Shadow_LinkPosted 10/5/2013 5:39:18 PM
The_Rami posted...
It sold around 29,000 consoles last week. That's 4th best after 360, PS3, and 3DS. The problem is that it's not selling that great around the world, with only 5k in Japan and 5k in Europe last week.

VGchartz #s but they always seem to be pretty accurate so I don't get the hate they get.

In fact I would say those are great numbers. The console still doesn't really have any "system seller" Nintendo games. Pikmin doesn't really have a huge fan base, and NSMB is just 1 game.

That's your problem, you assume they are accurate, when the contrary is true.

It's still bad numbers for the console. It's also concerning that the console still doesn't have a System Seller, the PS3 had a bad launch year with it's insane price tag, yet in it's first year it was still able to successfully start the Motorstorm and Resistance Franchises, and got Ratchet and Clank Future and Uncharted out ready for it's next year. Wii U is even having trouble keeping up with the PS3's awful start, which didn't even get that much momentum when Metal Gear Solid 4 came out and the PS3 versions where outperforming the X360 versions.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#3googlerPosted 10/5/2013 5:42:30 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but that's horrible and peaking because of zelda
#4dborwegePosted 10/5/2013 5:50:46 PM
I think those are decent numbers... considering x360 usually only does around 80 a week and is $100 cheaper and has a huge catalog,and is still seeing a higher week from gta5 release. I know a good argument is x360 is 8 years old, but I think Wii U will pick up momentum each week. And will have a strong start of 2014 with Donkey Kong, and Mario Kart coming when other companies typically have nothing.
#5googlerPosted 10/5/2013 6:36:03 PM
dborwege posted...
I think those are decent numbers... considering x360 usually only does around 80 a week and is $100 cheaper and has a huge catalog,and is still seeing a higher week from gta5 release. I know a good argument is x360 is 8 years old, but I think Wii U will pick up momentum each week. And will have a strong start of 2014 with Donkey Kong, and Mario Kart coming when other companies typically have nothing.

there is a big difference, in that 360 had that demand from the beginning, remained consistently high with pinnacles at key games and just started tapering down about a year ago and even those numbers remained consistent. U on the other hand been has been consistent week after week between and this is their "peak" and as good as it gets right now
#6The_Shadow_LinkPosted 10/5/2013 6:45:21 PM
dborwege posted...

PS4 has Infamous: Second Son and Outlast, XBone will have Kinect Sports Rivals and Titanfall, Both are getting Destiny, The Evil Within and The Division. I think those consoles have a little more than nothing for the start of next year.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#7The_Rami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 7:11:24 PM
googler posted...
Sorry to burst your bubble but that's horrible and peaking because of zelda

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Zelda games aren't as popular as they once were let alone a Zelda remake. I'm sure it helped but I doubt it's "peaking" because of Wind Waker.
---
3DS FC: 4227-1401-7915
Currently playing: GTA V, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land, Rayman Origins, Super Mario Bros 3, Batman AA, NBA 2K13
#8Nerreltron9000Posted 10/5/2013 7:39:46 PM
googler posted...
U on the other hand been has been consistent week after week between and this is their "peak" and as good as it gets right now

Because a port of a 10 year old game is the biggest system seller the Wii U will ever have? 3D World, Mariokart and Smash have been cancelled? This is a lot of stupid to take in in one sitting.
#9EnmaDaio2588Posted 10/5/2013 7:45:36 PM
I would say NSMB isn't even much of an exclusive considering how same-y it can be to someone who has play NSMB-2, NSMB-Wii and the original NSMB. I thought Lego City Undercover would have moved more units to be honest, considering how original it seemed to have been.

Those are some pretty good numbers though...once Mario 3D World is out there should be a significant increase too. Also; Holiday season.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#10chillvPosted 10/5/2013 7:51:48 PM
The_Rami posted...
Zelda games aren't as popular as they once were

"Credible" evidence please!