16.99% (26 votes)
destiny
15.03% (23 votes)
the division
13.07% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic
#2Warmonger222Posted 10/6/2013 12:38:15 PM
X is the only game I've seen so far that looks even close to something that couldnt be done on the 360 and PS3. That includes every game, not just the ones on the Wii U.
---
Sega is what EAin't - Crazy_Tank51 NNID: DAmieba
3DS FC: 1719-4333-5300 PM me yours if you play Luigis Mansion or Kid Icarus
#3Infinity8378(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:19:42 PM
Ok.
#4nonexistingheroPosted 10/6/2013 2:34:24 PM
I'd vote X, but it's not an option. It looks considerably better than any JRPG released so far and it has a massive world to boot. Even GTAV doesn't look as good graphically. KH3 and FFXV might be released on more powerful consoles, but beyond flashy graphics I haven't seen anything next-gen about them. Meanwhile, X has shown more than just graphics so far.

AC4 --> Crossgen game and it shows. It does look better than 7th gen, but it's still suffering from early-gen syndrome (7th gen games with higher resolution and fancier effects)

Deus Ex HR --> I don't even know if the Wii U version looks better than the PS3 and 360 version of this game (even if it does look a bit better than the original. Either way, I wouldn't say this qualifies for next-gen in any way in terms of looks.

Sonic: Lost World --> Looks good, but I wouldn't say superb. Maybe if they managed to get the grass in the levels to look like in the CG.

Super Mario 3D World --> Looks like a lot of fun. Sometimes looks next-gen. Sometimes looks like a 3D Land resolution upgrade. No doubt the game will be superb though.

Watch Dogs --> Looks very good. Would first need to see more actual console footage of this to judge. If it's anywhere close to the PC, then it does look next-gen (considering it's an open world game).

Destiny --> As impressive as it is, it looks a lot like Halo, IMO. It looks great, but I wouldn't say next-gen. Kinda like AC4.

The Division --> Looks very similar to Watchdogs, though it doesn't scream next-gen to me. Kinda gives me that crossgen impression.

I'm also missing Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 from the list. TW101 might have some jaggies, but the game often looks truly spectacular. Anyhow, all 3 of these games look well beyond the capabilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360 since they use modern Wii U stuff that those consoles can't do.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5erasedMUSEPosted 10/6/2013 3:19:50 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
I'd vote X, but it's not an option. It looks considerably better than any JRPG released so far and it has a massive world to boot. Even GTAV doesn't look as good graphically. KH3 and FFXV might be released on more powerful consoles, but beyond flashy graphics I haven't seen anything next-gen about them. Meanwhile, X has shown more than just graphics so far.

AC4 --> Crossgen game and it shows. It does look better than 7th gen, but it's still suffering from early-gen syndrome (7th gen games with higher resolution and fancier effects)

Deus Ex HR --> I don't even know if the Wii U version looks better than the PS3 and 360 version of this game (even if it does look a bit better than the original. Either way, I wouldn't say this qualifies for next-gen in any way in terms of looks.

Sonic: Lost World --> Looks good, but I wouldn't say superb. Maybe if they managed to get the grass in the levels to look like in the CG.

Super Mario 3D World --> Looks like a lot of fun. Sometimes looks next-gen. Sometimes looks like a 3D Land resolution upgrade. No doubt the game will be superb though.

Watch Dogs --> Looks very good. Would first need to see more actual console footage of this to judge. If it's anywhere close to the PC, then it does look next-gen (considering it's an open world game).

Destiny --> As impressive as it is, it looks a lot like Halo, IMO. It looks great, but I wouldn't say next-gen. Kinda like AC4.

The Division --> Looks very similar to Watchdogs, though it doesn't scream next-gen to me. Kinda gives me that crossgen impression.

I'm also missing Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 from the list. TW101 might have some jaggies, but the game often looks truly spectacular. Anyhow, all 3 of these games look well beyond the capabilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360 since they use modern Wii U stuff that those consoles can't do.

Lol, why do Nintendo fan boys treat X like a super game? My brother saw me watching the E3 trailer (with that embarrassing Japanese over the top cheese music), and he thought it looked average. He's a PC bro too, hates consoles (including Sony and MS) and he finds it funny how these Nintendo fan boys treat X like a beautiful graphics feast.

What's even better is the way you guys compare it to KH3. KH3! A game that is FAR from releasing! You guys say how Nintendo games have time to get better, but with KH and FF XV apparently it can't get any better than it is now.

You guys are so...
it's funny.
---
Favorite bands in no particular order: 1) Muse 2) Editors 3) Interpol 4) The National
Gaming Systems I own: PS2, PS3, 3DS, Vita, & semi gaming PC
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 10/6/2013 3:21:55 PM
i definitely haven't seen anything i'd consider "next-gen" at this point. i'm hoping zelda u will change that.
#7detchibePosted 10/6/2013 3:30:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8heartlesshero17Posted 10/6/2013 3:34:22 PM
detchibe posted...
erasedMUSE posted...
nonexistinghero posted...

Lol, why do Nintendo fan boys treat X like a super game? My brother saw me watching the E3 trailer (with that embarrassing Japanese over the top cheese music), and he thought it looked average. He's a PC bro too, hates consoles (including Sony and MS) and he finds it funny how these Nintendo fan boys treat X like a beautiful graphics feast.

What's even better is the way you guys compare it to KH3. KH3! A game that is FAR from releasing! You guys say how Nintendo games have time to get better, but with KH and FF XV apparently it can't get any better than it is now.

You guys are so...
it's funny.

Your brothers a knob & so are you.

Why when I read his comment I knew you'd be the one to reply to it XD
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
#9DarkAdonis123Posted 10/6/2013 3:36:47 PM
3D World with a commanding lead. This board provides endless laughs.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#10nonexistingheroPosted 10/6/2013 3:55:30 PM
erasedMUSE posted...

You guys are so...
it's funny.

When I say X looks next-gen I'm talking about more than graphics... something you would've gotten if you read my post well. And with Xenoblade being so superb and Square-Enix being f***ing lackluster during the entire 7th generation, I have every reason to believe that KH3 and FFXV won't be as good.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.