Will FPS's be the Leading Genre of 8th Gen?

#1segagamerPosted 10/6/2013 1:12:06 PM
Not really a wii u related question, but still interesting.
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#2Motobug321Posted 10/6/2013 1:13:15 PM
I hope not. I hate FPS games.
#3KaiRyusakiPosted 10/6/2013 1:13:55 PM
It'll be Mobas
#4segagamer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 1:19:20 PM
And to add, already upcoming are Destiny, Titanfall, Cod ghosts and BF4. Games hyped up to hell.
---
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 10/6/2013 1:21:15 PM
I'm all for Battlefield, but The Crew looks amazing as well, so it's probably my number two game. But, yeah, big focus on FPS games.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#6blinkfreakPosted 10/6/2013 1:21:49 PM
I loved FPS games back in the day. Played them on PC, SNES, N64, PS, PS2. But after that I had my fill. Which I find strange because I feel like FPS games didn't really get popular outside of PC gaming until 360. At least it didn't take the industry by storm like it has now.

I would really like a return of the 3D platformer.
#7ChipChippersonPosted 10/6/2013 1:43:06 PM
God I hope not.

It's odd though how developers seem to ignore the boatloads of praise and money that the top indie games earn, which show that the community is hungry for different experiences, in favor of keeping those ''gotta top CoD!'' blinders on. Non-fps, realistically budgeted games sell but they simply don't care.
---
We got no food, no jobs... our PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!
#8segagamer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 1:47:01 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
God I hope not.

It's odd though how developers seem to ignore the boatloads of praise and money that the top indie games earn, which show that the community is hungry for different experiences, in favor of keeping those ''gotta top CoD!'' blinders on. Non-fps, realistically budgeted games sell but they simply don't care.

If they did something different with the FPS genre, then it may be for the better.

The Portal series is incredible, and you don't kill a single enemy.
---
#9Stefan1277Posted 10/6/2013 2:03:29 PM
Generic sci fi shooters everywhere and pretentious "realistic" movie wannabe titles in between releases.

That's the new gen for you. Blame it on the brogamers and the people that went native and supports graphics and C rated movie plots > gameplay and originality.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#10ARMs7777Posted 10/6/2013 2:25:01 PM
Yes unfortunately. Shooters are the future and everything else is old outdated machanics.