Nintendo should have made a Twilight Princess HD instead of Wind Waker HD

#11TruthPosted 10/6/2013 4:16:45 PM
Say what you want about the two games, but a Twilight Princess HD would garner more interest from mainstream gamers and shift more Wii U consoles. The graphics of Wind Waker HD are just not mainstream. The game even bombed in Japan, FFS...
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#2chris1001 the sequelPosted 10/6/2013 4:17:54 PM
Isn't Zelda in general not as popular there as it is here?
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#31Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 4:21:14 PM
chris1001 the sequel posted...

Well, sales have been dropping since Ocarina of Time over in Japan. However, no Zelda game has ever opened with less than 100K first week in Japan. Even direct ports and remakes sell above that amount in the first week. Despite this, Wind Waker HD opened with 30K. That's massive bomba for a Zelda game in Japan.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#4shinstrikePosted 10/6/2013 4:23:39 PM
i might not had jumped on buying the wii u if it were TP. i mean they had it on the Wii.
---
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I Killed humans by the thousands!!!! Look at me !!!! I am Sublime!!!!!! I am the true face of evil!!!" - Luca Blight
#5BkzIzuPosted 10/6/2013 4:25:48 PM
I agree.
TP is the better game.
#6GamerRafPosted 10/6/2013 4:27:02 PM
Twilight would of been better but I don't mind as they are both fun.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#7jrb363Posted 10/6/2013 4:28:51 PM
1Truth posted...
chris1001 the sequel posted...

Well, sales have been dropping since Ocarina of Time over in Japan. However, no Zelda game has ever opened with less than 100K first week in Japan. Even direct ports and remakes sell above that amount in the first week. Despite this, Wind Waker HD opened with 30K. That's massive bomba for a Zelda game in Japan.

Wow...I had no clue it bombed that hard. Looks like Nintendo has lost the Japanese market too. Not good man. :-/
---
Mod: Preaching about black people's values, or lack thereof, is not going to win you any awards around here.
Me: lol
#8cha_fan1Posted 10/6/2013 4:29:15 PM
There was a Wii version of Twilight Princess, making the game still playable. Wind Waker was the correct choice due to the Gamecube's lower sales and the game's smaller audience.

Ocarina of Time was released on 3DS. Both it and Majora's Mask were on Virtual Console.

Link to the Past, Zelda and Zelda II were on Virtual Console.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword released on Wii.

The gaping hole was Wind Waker.
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.
#91Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 4:34:53 PM
cha_fan1 posted...
There was a Wii version of Twilight Princess, making the game still playable. Wind Waker was the correct choice due to the Gamecube's lower sales and the game's smaller audience.

Ocarina of Time was released on 3DS. Both it and Majora's Mask were on Virtual Console.

Link to the Past, Zelda and Zelda II were on Virtual Console.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword released on Wii.

The gaping hole was Wind Waker.

True. Still, I hope Twilight Princess HD is next. That game could use some tweaking and a Hero Mode like Wind Waker HD got. Also, you have to remember that Aonuma stated they experimented with Twilight Princess HD before trying out Wind Waker HD.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
#10shinstrikePosted 10/6/2013 4:35:33 PM
To add to the above guy's statement, you can even play Twlight Princess on the Wii U, from the Wii.
---
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I Killed humans by the thousands!!!! Look at me !!!! I am Sublime!!!!!! I am the true face of evil!!!" - Luca Blight