Nintendo should have made a Twilight Princess HD instead of Wind Waker HD

#11PoweranimalsPosted 10/6/2013 5:42:47 PM
1Truth posted...
chris1001 the sequel posted...
Isn't Zelda in general not as popular there as it is here?

Well, sales have been dropping since Ocarina of Time over in Japan. However, no Zelda game has ever opened with less than 100K first week in Japan. Even direct ports and remakes sell above that amount in the first week. Despite this, Wind Waker HD opened with 30K. That's massive bomba for a Zelda game in Japan.

Source?
#12QueskerPosted 10/6/2013 5:46:11 PM
I agree. Twilight Princess actually would've benefited the most from the HD upgrade out of the 3 available choices. But I guess being backwards-compatible with the Wii U really hurt its chances.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#13BkzIzuPosted 10/6/2013 5:47:58 PM
Poweranimals posted...
1Truth posted...
chris1001 the sequel posted...
Isn't Zelda in general not as popular there as it is here?

Well, sales have been dropping since Ocarina of Time over in Japan. However, no Zelda game has ever opened with less than 100K first week in Japan. Even direct ports and remakes sell above that amount in the first week. Despite this, Wind Waker HD opened with 30K. That's massive bomba for a Zelda game in Japan.

Source?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/monster_hunter_4_dominates_in_japan_as_the_wind_waker_hd_has_a_modest_debut

Terrible sales for a home console Zelda
#14ThatKippPosted 10/6/2013 5:47:58 PM
Twilight Princess would've benefited most from an HD upgrade, but Wind Waker has reached the least people out of all Zelda games.
---
They call me Wonder-Handsome
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#15dancing_cactuarPosted 10/6/2013 5:48:37 PM
While I much immensely prefer Wind Waker (it's my favorite 3D zelda), I think that an HD TP would be pretty good. Though as the guy above said, it just makes more sense from a business perspective to remaster Wind Waker.
---
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
The Wii ran out of gas in 2008- DrSouljaBoi69
#16shotgunheadshotPosted 10/6/2013 6:06:37 PM(edited)
I'm not sure why they put HD on Wind Waker. WW on GameCube already looks like a super bright coloring book. I can't imagine what the HD looks like, it must hurt the eyes being that bright.
#17ARushAndAPushPosted 10/6/2013 6:06:30 PM
Twilight Princess would be pointless. You can already play that on a Wii U thanks to backwards compatibility.
#18CubeTVPosted 10/6/2013 6:43:06 PM
I'm hoping this theory I came up with will be true...

Nintendo made a N64 Zelda remake on the 3DS (Ocarina of Time), and is now working on a original Zelda game (Link to the Past 2) and people want a Zelda Majora's Mask remake on it (the other N64 Zelda game) which might be possible.

The Wii U got a Zelda remake as it's first Zelda (Wind Waker) and could be potentially working on a original Zelda game... Which could be a Four Swords Adventures 2 (since the 3DS got Link To the Past 2, a 2D Zelda). What if, after the new Zelda game, there's a Twilight Princess remake (the other GC Zelda game) which links up (pun intended) with the 3DS having two Zelda remakes from the same gen.

So there could be a Twilight Princess remake IF there's a Majora's Mask remake.

Theory aside, I find it sad that the Wii U seems to be copying or at least mimicking the 3DS (Mario 3D Land sequel, Zelda bundle, new DK game which comes after the 3DS one, Lego City/Sonic/Smash Bros. all have a 3DS variation). Outside of Zombie U, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101, I wish there was something original and made for the Wii U without any resources from another system. Then again, maybe I'm just impatience since the Wii U hasn't even been out for a year. Maybe on it's third year (2015), it will have more original games for it.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#19iKhan88Posted 10/6/2013 6:53:12 PM
WW HD was made in 6 months. TP would take at least a year, as they would need to redo all the textures for the more detailed game. In WW, they just needed to add bloom and redo a few textures.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#201shadetail1Posted 10/6/2013 7:04:21 PM
GamerRaf posted...
Twilight would of been better but I don't mind as they are both fun.

I really think the WiiU does *NOT* need sparkly vampires or idiot werewolves. ^_^
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.