As someone that has never played wind waker before...

#1segagamerPosted 10/6/2013 6:05:41 PM
Wwhd is pretty good.

I like the graphical style and characters, great controls like ocarina.

First dungeon was very fun.

Link has a ton of emotion. I love that. I used to hate toon link before I played this game.

Exploring the ocean is a blast, though I really need that turbo sail.

So far have just arrived at deku tree. Ill play more tom.

Wwhd, w101, portal 2 (Pc) and deus ex. Busy month for me.
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#2blinkfreakPosted 10/6/2013 6:49:16 PM(edited)
I've never played the game either. I'm just a little bit further than you are. I'm liking the game but I find the controls annoying. Well not like the buttons or touch screen stuff but I get stuck on walls or if I need to climb a ledge I'll be walking into the ledge forever with Link not climbing and I'll have to walk away and come back. And standing next to things you need to pick up the same thing happens. It isn't like "oh you're near this bomb, press A to pick up" it is more like "oh you're near a bomb. You must walk around it and find the precise pixel that trigger's the 'pick up' prompt."

Either way I am enjoying the game. I don't know why everyone hated it back in the day.
#3wugeezyPosted 10/6/2013 6:51:12 PM
Its the only Zelda game I haven't finished. So a lot of it is new to me. I love it though I can see how sailing got tedious. But that swift sail...my god I'm glad its in there.
#4Motobug321Posted 10/6/2013 6:52:40 PM
blinkfreak posted...
I've never played the game either. I'm just a little bit further than you are. I'm liking the game but I find the controls annoying. Well not like the buttons or touch screen stuff but I get stuck on walls or if I need to climb a ledge I'll be walking into the ledge forever with Link not climbing and I'll have to walk away and come back. And standing next to things you need to pick up the same thing happens. It isn't like "oh you're near this bomb, press A to pick up" it is more like "oh you're near a bomb. You must walk around it and find the precise pixel that trigger's the 'pick up' prompt."

Either way I am enjoying the game. I don't know why everyone hated it back in the day.

The reason people hated it is because when the gamecube was first revealed, there was a short tech demo showcasing a rather realistic battle between Link and Ganondorf. Then, two years later, Wind Waker and it's cartoony look were revealed. Needless to say, some people were pretty angry. I personally have always loved the artstyle, though.
#5tsizzle420Posted 10/6/2013 7:17:40 PM(edited)
I loved the art style but hated* the game when it was released. Playing it again on Hero mode and loving it this time!

*I didn't actually hate it but it was a disappointing Zelda game to me when I first played it.
---
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
NNID: CrimsonCommie. PSN: tsizzle420