Super Mario 64 has more voice acting than all Zelda games combined

#1MourningReignsPosted 10/6/2013 10:30:13 PM
That just seems odd. I think Nintendo could really take a step forward and feel like they are no longer in the past by adding voices to everyone but Link in Wii U Zelda.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#2IokuaPosted 10/6/2013 10:34:22 PM
Voice acting is not required in a Zelda title. I say that as a massive voice acting fanboy.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#3MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 10:36:41 PM
Iokua posted...
Voice acting is not required in a Zelda title. I say that as a massive voice acting fanboy.

It's not, but it would help get it up to standards of today's games.

I don't know if it was just voice acting but Skyward Sword felt completely stuck in the past when it released. It was the first Zelda I couldn't stand playing.

When I see how games from other companies and how much they have advanced, I want to see what Nintendo could do if they actually try.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#4pancakegr8Posted 10/6/2013 10:38:47 PM
I thought the voice acting in SM64 was comprised of grunts and screams, just like in the Zelda series...
---
What goes around comes around?...
What is the recompense for America's mistreatment of the black man and woman?
#5MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 10:40:20 PM
pancakegr8 posted...
I thought the voice acting in SM64 was comprised of grunts and screams, just like in the Zelda series...

Peach does more talking in SM64 than all of Zelda games.
---
#6pancakegr8Posted 10/6/2013 10:51:27 PM
Oh, okay. I just remembered the opening scene in SM64.

The absence of speech in Zelda games hasn't really bothered me, though.
---
What goes around comes around?...
What is the recompense for America's mistreatment of the black man and woman?
#7star_guy_100Posted 10/6/2013 10:53:48 PM
i am a big zelda fan, but there is just no reason for a game to not have voice acting. could zelda get by without voice acting? ya it could, but so could every other game. but they choose to have voice acting anyway, because its 2013 and not 1997. i cant even think of a non nintendo developed console game in the last 10+ years that didnt have voice acting. link doesnt need to talk, but the rest of the world does, it would make the world feel so much more alive.
#8MetalKirbyPlushPosted 10/6/2013 10:54:41 PM
I really don't see the issue. Dialogue in SS was a chore because the text speed was really slow and barely sped up when holding buttons down. I've been perfectly content with voice snippets adding personality to characters and then imposing those voices onto the text in my head while reading it at my own pace instead of constantly interrupting the voices reading it.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#9ColebyPosted 10/6/2013 11:45:24 PM
I agree with Zelda not really need voice-acting, however I strongly feel SS would've greatly benefited from it.
---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#10Pete41608Posted 10/6/2013 11:52:51 PM
I love reading and I'm very great at it, but I'm burnt out on having to read the story dialogue in Nintendo games.

It has to change as we go further into 8th gen Nintendo.

Continuing textual means of dialogue in Nintendo games will not deter me from playing, loving and enjoying 8th gen Nintendo, but it'd be nice to not have too in every game made by a Nintendo development team.
---
Wii U/PSN: Pete41608
3DS: 1203-9244-2418 Dream Suite: 5800-2578-8074 (WIP)