Metal Gear Solid V on Wii U?

#31Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/7/2013 6:32:04 AM
Lefty128k posted...

So that's a no, no you can't prove your claim.

Got it.

Yes. I had thought I'd covered this.

Are we seriously parroting each other now? I thought that's what children did.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#32VonTrillerPosted 10/7/2013 6:37:24 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
Lefty128k posted...

Yes you can.

Source?

It only shows a willingness to make the maximum amount of money by releasing it on the consoles with the largest audiences as well as the newest consoles. Except Wii U for reasons I stated in my prior post.

The next gen isn't just about prettier graphics, since that's the natural outcome of improving hardware, but its about improving the experience as a whole. Coming back to Metal Gear Solid, that game would never have been possible on the SNES or Mega Drive. It took new hardware to give the developers what they needed to make a brand new experience. It wouldn't have been possible if they were developing it for the SNES at the same time as the PS1.

So why are we meant to believe that MGSV will be next gen when they are developing it for the current gen? The specs of the Xbone and PS4 are meant to be so far above the PS3 and 360 that really, we should be seeing the same kind of difference between Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear Solid.

Think about it logically... hard I know... but this will be the first real time we've seen games developed for two generations at the same time. Imagine if they did this with Metal Gear Solid 2 and developed a PS1 version as well as a PS2 version. Could they have made the same game they did without a lot of sacrifices? It would be almost double the work, because the PS1 sprites would look awful upscaled on the PS2, so they'd need to have two teams designing the game.

Its common knowledge <spoilers>inb4 [Citation Needed]</spoilers> that games are more expensive to develop now than ever before. To really get the most out of the new hardware, but make a game for current hardware, Konami would need two teams developing the game, which would make production costs obscene. The alternative is to focus development on the current gen, and port it with shinier graphics to the next gen.

This is the reasoning I use when I say there's no way MGSV can be next gen, and its why it shows developers are being cautious about the next gen. Until games are developed solely for the next gen consoles, we aren't going to see the wild kinds of innovation we had in previous gens. Hell, it could also be argued that we've reached a plateau of innovation from specs alone and it'll have to fall to the likes of the Occular Rift and other means of hardware to truely innovate, but that's a different argument for a different day.

Lol! At this terrible post/poster!

So you got no source for your claims, ya chump?
---
Remaster. Sexy Remaster.
#33aiyobroPosted 10/7/2013 8:47:53 AM
PEople rag on MGS:TWin snakes but thats like my favorite one by far, you have so many ways to replay the game off the bat if you beat it.
#34Lefty128kPosted 10/7/2013 12:26:00 PM
Neo_Heartless posted...
Lefty128k posted...

So that's a no, no you can't prove your claim.

Got it.

Yes. I had thought I'd covered this.

Are we seriously parroting each other now? I thought that's what children did.

You thought so, but you were wrong.

And no, no I'm not repeating your failed claims. So no on the parroting.
#35squidgy617Posted 10/7/2013 12:33:55 PM
ElectricMole posted...
I think there might be a pc version of The Phantom Pain

That's all I want.

I wouldn't mind seeing Metal Gear Rising either.

Kojima did say he wanted to do a PC version of MGSV, he just said it "wasn't a priority". Hopefully it happens.
#36VideoGameXVPosted 10/7/2013 12:36:09 PM
It would be cool if there was but there proabley won't be. I'll be buying it on PS3 anyway so it doesn't really concern me but it would work well with the Wii U GamePad.
#37kiba312Posted 10/7/2013 1:03:18 PM
Stink_Ape posted...
Is it a Playstation exclusive?

Nope. PlayStation 4, 360, PS3, Xbone

Once again, this happens
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o