Mega Man X Is Superior To Mega Man Classic In Every Way

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Mega Man X Is Superior To Mega Man Classic In Every Way

User Info: Weltall548

Weltall548
3 years ago#1
Yep.
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.

User Info: CyricsServant

CyricsServant
3 years ago#2
It took me a long time to convert because I loved the original Mega Man games growing up . . . but yeah, pretty much. Better gameplay, better graphics, arguably better world design, a good use of hidden collectibles to augment X and increase replayability . . . at the end of the day it's just a much better series. It's also one of the reasons I couldn't buy MM10 and MM11; I just couldn't regress.

User Info: suprsolider

suprsolider
3 years ago#3
It's also one of the reasons I couldn't buy MM10 and MM11; I just couldn't regress.
---

I have never heard of Mega Man 11, I must have missed that one....

Oh wait IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Mega Man and Bass is 8.5 as said by Inafune himself.

I know 9 and 10 are for current gen consoles.

Also, if you can't play the classic series along with the X series, I pity your lackluster gaming skills.
They have 2 different appeals, hence why they are separate series.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105

CyricsServant
3 years ago#4
suprsolider posted...
It's also one of the reasons I couldn't buy MM10 and MM11; I just couldn't regress.
---

I have never heard of Mega Man 11, I must have missed that one....

Oh wait IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Mega Man and Bass is 8.5 as said by Inafune himself.

I know 9 and 10 are for current gen consoles.

Well you sure got me. Yes, I meant 9 and 10. *shrugs*

Also, if you can't play the classic series along with the X series, I pity your lackluster gaming skills.
They have 2 different appeals, hence why they are separate series.

I've played and beaten the older ones on NES and in the MMA. I choose not to play the new ones because I prefer better gameplay and better graphics. If you like worse gameplay and worse graphics, that's perfectly fine. No judgment here; you're entitled to your preferences.

User Info: Nyyark

Nyyark
3 years ago#5
The X games are easier right? Thats what I remember.

I feel the original megaman games have a better plot.

CyricsServant
3 years ago#6
Nyyark posted...

I think one of the things that makes the X series great is that it can be harder or easier than the original series, depending on whether or not you seek out collectibles to enhance X. I've watched a friend do a "bare" run of X and, in my opinion, it looked significantly harder than an MM1 or MM2 run thanks to a few of the boss fights. Just my perception as I haven't tried a bare run myself.

The X series tends to have more forgiving stage design though, and that's before you factor in your ability to wall jump.

As for the plots . . . I don't think either series has very good writing. The original Mega Man game had a very interesting premise, but that's it.

User Info: dmcd93

dmcd93
3 years ago#7
I'm going to agree with you on this one; as much as I like classic MM I'd still rather play X1-4 or Zero 4 than any of the classics.
Baldur's Gate 2 is, in my opinion the best RPG ever made.
Devil May Cry 2 is in fact the best 3rd person shooter ever made.

User Info: StarmanJunior

StarmanJunior
3 years ago#8
dat soundtrack
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.

User Info: KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior
3 years ago#9
Not in every way, just most ways.

Classic before 4 tends to have a lot more reason to use the weapons in the stages, and not just for one-off 'you must have Flame Mammoth's weapon to collect this powerup' fashion. X does a whole lot of things right and is definitely my preference out of the two series, but the buster is just too powerful in the X games -- it completely dominates stage strategy.

User Info: Weltall548

Weltall548
3 years ago#10
KaiserWarrior posted...
Not in every way, just most ways.

Classic before 4 tends to have a lot more reason to use the weapons in the stages, and not just for one-off 'you must have Flame Mammoth's weapon to collect this powerup' fashion. X does a whole lot of things right and is definitely my preference out of the two series, but the buster is just too powerful in the X games -- it completely dominates stage strategy.

I use special abilites constantly in MMX, especially chameleon sting and storm tornado.

Nyyark posted...

The MMX series plot is much more complicated and interesting.
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Mega Man X Is Superior To Mega Man Classic In Every Way

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived