Mega Man X Is Superior To Mega Man Classic In Every Way

#1Weltall548Posted 10/7/2013 6:18:22 AM
Yep.
---
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.
#2CyricsServantPosted 10/7/2013 6:23:04 AM(edited)
It took me a long time to convert because I loved the original Mega Man games growing up . . . but yeah, pretty much. Better gameplay, better graphics, arguably better world design, a good use of hidden collectibles to augment X and increase replayability . . . at the end of the day it's just a much better series. It's also one of the reasons I couldn't buy MM10 and MM11; I just couldn't regress.
#3suprsoliderPosted 10/7/2013 6:29:18 AM
It's also one of the reasons I couldn't buy MM10 and MM11; I just couldn't regress.
---

I have never heard of Mega Man 11, I must have missed that one....

Oh wait IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Mega Man and Bass is 8.5 as said by Inafune himself.

I know 9 and 10 are for current gen consoles.

Also, if you can't play the classic series along with the X series, I pity your lackluster gaming skills.
They have 2 different appeals, hence why they are separate series.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#4CyricsServantPosted 10/7/2013 6:34:04 AM
suprsolider posted...
It's also one of the reasons I couldn't buy MM10 and MM11; I just couldn't regress.
---

I have never heard of Mega Man 11, I must have missed that one....

Oh wait IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Mega Man and Bass is 8.5 as said by Inafune himself.

I know 9 and 10 are for current gen consoles.

Well you sure got me. Yes, I meant 9 and 10. *shrugs*

Also, if you can't play the classic series along with the X series, I pity your lackluster gaming skills.
They have 2 different appeals, hence why they are separate series.

I've played and beaten the older ones on NES and in the MMA. I choose not to play the new ones because I prefer better gameplay and better graphics. If you like worse gameplay and worse graphics, that's perfectly fine. No judgment here; you're entitled to your preferences.
#5NyyarkPosted 10/7/2013 6:44:24 AM
The X games are easier right? Thats what I remember.

I feel the original megaman games have a better plot.
#6CyricsServantPosted 10/7/2013 6:51:41 AM(edited)
Nyyark posted...

I think one of the things that makes the X series great is that it can be harder or easier than the original series, depending on whether or not you seek out collectibles to enhance X. I've watched a friend do a "bare" run of X and, in my opinion, it looked significantly harder than an MM1 or MM2 run thanks to a few of the boss fights. Just my perception as I haven't tried a bare run myself.

The X series tends to have more forgiving stage design though, and that's before you factor in your ability to wall jump.

As for the plots . . . I don't think either series has very good writing. The original Mega Man game had a very interesting premise, but that's it.
#7dmcd93Posted 10/7/2013 6:53:26 AM
I'm going to agree with you on this one; as much as I like classic MM I'd still rather play X1-4 or Zero 4 than any of the classics.
---
Baldur's Gate 2 is, in my opinion the best RPG ever made.
Devil May Cry 2 is in fact the best 3rd person shooter ever made.
#8StarmanJuniorPosted 10/7/2013 6:55:36 AM
dat soundtrack
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#9KaiserWarriorPosted 10/7/2013 7:12:34 AM
Not in every way, just most ways.

Classic before 4 tends to have a lot more reason to use the weapons in the stages, and not just for one-off 'you must have Flame Mammoth's weapon to collect this powerup' fashion. X does a whole lot of things right and is definitely my preference out of the two series, but the buster is just too powerful in the X games -- it completely dominates stage strategy.
#10Weltall548(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:30:10 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Not in every way, just most ways.

Classic before 4 tends to have a lot more reason to use the weapons in the stages, and not just for one-off 'you must have Flame Mammoth's weapon to collect this powerup' fashion. X does a whole lot of things right and is definitely my preference out of the two series, but the buster is just too powerful in the X games -- it completely dominates stage strategy.

I use special abilites constantly in MMX, especially chameleon sting and storm tornado.

Nyyark posted...

The MMX series plot is much more complicated and interesting.
---
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.