Honestly What Do you expect?

#1QlJGamerPosted 10/7/2013 7:22:25 AM
Nintendo and third-parties have NEVER been peachy. Now you want 3rd Parties to kiss Nintendo Feet? Nintendo makes systems for their games, and their ideas. That is why 50% of your catalogs on Nintendo systems are made from Nintendo.

This isn't something that just happened overnight, Nintendo relationship with 3rd parties have always been bad. Nintendo knows they do not exactly need 3rd parties and 3rd parties now know they do not exactly need Nintendo.

Nintendo is king they do not need anyone in the gaming sphere. Nintendo is about exclusives.

This is a business, you have to think like its a business, investing in the Wii U right now isnt smart. After a few more hit the market maybe. The Wii U is going to do alright, Its a HD console made by Nintendo enough said. Its different, it will sell.

We have not even seen the commercials and the marketing push yet. Nintendo has lots of celebrities friends more than Microsoft and Sony. And seriously who doesn't know who Mario is?

The Wii U hasn't even blown up yet but it will. The Gaming Industry are haters but the people... the people LOVEEE Mario and Nintendo. People like Sony & Microsoft, but people literally LOVE Nintendo.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging!
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 10/7/2013 7:23:00 AM
Getting bored of your tldr topics.
#3icegamericePosted 10/7/2013 7:24:58 AM
Tell me what third party games better suit my tastes. Didn't think so.
#4Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/7/2013 7:34:46 AM
You say things any sane person knows. You buy a console for the games coming out that you like. That's why I got mine. It's not going to get a lot of multiplats, but I'll be able to get most of them on the PC, and if I eventually get one, the PS4.

And you know what? That's fine. Oh I'm sure the haters will be falling over themselves to call me a drone, but I'm fine if Nintendo misses out on a lot of 3rd parties, because I can get my fill of them elsewhere, but if Nintendo has to sacrifice who they are or what they do to try and entice more 3rd parties, they could lose what makes their games great.

It is an interesting conflict of ideas. Nintendo see themselves as the provider of a service (gaming) and all that entails. Sony and Microsoft have become, well, a playback device, like a DvD player. They offer a product, not a service, and while there is room for both, it causes friction.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#5suprsoliderPosted 10/7/2013 7:37:35 AM
Nintendo and third-parties have NEVER been peachy. Now you want 3rd Parties to kiss Nintendo Feet? Nintendo makes systems for their games, and their ideas. That is why 50% of your catalogs on Nintendo systems are made from Nintendo.
---

Funny because that is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of my gaming catalog on Nintendo systems.

1) I have 250 NES carts, and only 11 of them are made by Nintendo. That is not 50%
2) I have 50 SNES carts and only 4 are made by Nintendo again not 50%
3) I have 200 Gameboy/GBC/GBA games and only 12 are made by Nintendo again NOT 50%
4) I have 50 Wii games and only 5 of them are made by Nintendo themselves again NOT 50%

I can keep this going if you want.

But obviously I have proven your point WRONG, WRONG, WRONG,WRONG.

Last time I checked the SNES and NES had great 3rd party support. So once again YOU ARE WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.

Time to face fact Nintendrone, Wii U is a FLOP. Accept it and move on. Stop trying to damage control for Nintendo's failings.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#6JackalPosted 10/7/2013 7:43:10 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
It is an interesting conflict of ideas. Nintendo see themselves as the provider of a service (gaming) and all that entails. Sony and Microsoft have become, well, a playback device, like a DvD player. They offer a product, not a service, and while there is room for both, it causes friction.

So streaming services and TVii don't exist? Nintendo is a media device too. But a lacking one unlike the others so it can never replace them as "THE" media center piece because you always need another device to compliment it and fill in for what it can't do.

As for the games, we will all have our preferences whether they re 1st or 3rd party games. I stick to 3rd parties myself.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#7Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/7/2013 7:53:14 AM
Jackal posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...

So streaming services and TVii don't exist? Nintendo is a media device too. But a lacking one unlike the others so it can never replace them as "THE" media center piece because you always need another device to compliment it and fill in for what it can't do.

As for the games, we will all have our preferences whether they re 1st or 3rd party games. I stick to 3rd parties myself.

Yes, but they're added in as features. It won't beat the others when it comes to being a multimedia centre, but it's not trying to. They're wanting to focus on games and how we play them, although I'll hold my hands up now and say the pad was probably a misstep. They've got work to do to make it seems like a good addition.

The PS4 and Xbone want to do everything, and hey, there's nothing wrong with that. I did say there's space for both, but I worry they're focusing less on the games and leaving it to the 3rd parties. That's why I said they offer a product. They're a means to the end of playing games, rather than having a vested interest in gaming. They've becoming little more than a platform for 3rd parties to release their games with no restriction, and while I'm sure some will take advantage of that to the fullest, this generation has disillusioned me to a lot of them, who seem more eager to make a quick buck.

I'm also aware of the irony of this, considering that seems to be Nintendo's current Mantra, but at least they aren't betraying their fans trying to claim some mythical "Call of Duty" audience which has been the bane of modern gaming.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#8JackalPosted 10/7/2013 7:58:06 AM
They can keep the CoD crowds. I never play those games. FPS cause simulation sickness for me.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#9cmincPosted 10/7/2013 7:58:39 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
You say things any sane person knows. You buy a console for the games coming out that you like. That's why I got mine. It's not going to get a lot of multiplats, but I'll be able to get most of them on the PC, and if I eventually get one, the PS4.

And you know what? That's fine. Oh I'm sure the haters will be falling over themselves to call me a drone, but I'm fine if Nintendo misses out on a lot of 3rd parties, because I can get my fill of them elsewhere, but if Nintendo has to sacrifice who they are or what they do to try and entice more 3rd parties, they could lose what makes their games great.

No, sony and microsoft provide consoles that can and do offer both things. Pretty much to the satisfaction of the majority. Stop speaking as if Netflix wasnt the most popular app on wii just because it doesnt reinforce your point, man. People, especially at these prices, expect consoles to do more than the bare minimum.

Nintendrones are the only consumers daft enough to say theyre happy with fewer options and features, i swear. And all this WHILE reggie's calling wiiu an entertainment hub in competition with ps4 and x1.

Nintendo sees themselves as a business entity that believes it has a firm grasp on a casual market that moved away from them years ago, and the other two are attempting to give gamers that actually buy things, value for their money and entertainment space.

My wiiu is almost wasting a perfectly good hdmi port by only doing one thing. It's ridiculous.
---
---
#10lilburritoPosted 10/7/2013 8:08:13 AM
suprsolider posted...
---

Funny because that is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of my gaming catalog on Nintendo systems.

1) I have 250 NES carts, and only 11 of them are made by Nintendo. That is not 50%
2) I have 50 SNES carts and only 4 are made by Nintendo again not 50%
3) I have 200 Gameboy/GBC/GBA games and only 12 are made by Nintendo again NOT 50%
4) I have 50 Wii games and only 5 of them are made by Nintendo themselves again NOT 50%

I can keep this going if you want.

But obviously I have proven your point WRONG, WRONG, WRONG,WRONG.

Last time I checked the SNES and NES had great 3rd party support. So once again YOU ARE WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.

Time to face fact Nintendrone, Wii U is a FLOP. Accept it and move on. Stop trying to damage control for Nintendo's failings.

I hate to be the one to interject, but TC does have a point. I understand that this is "your gaming catalogue" and I respect that, TC was also wrong in his assumptions about 50% of everyone's gaming catalogue.

But the thing is supersolider, is that in reality your one in few. There are only so much people that have owned 550+ games. "I don't think" many would have the time to even try out so much, let alone have the cash to shell out for those. In the end the majority is restricted in buying the few titles that they know are going to be good.

In that regard, can you honestly say that of the majority of people that picked up a Nintendo console, picked it up for third party games? Almost everyone who owns a Nintendo console are bound to have bought 1+ first party games, the game that likely sold them out on it in the first place.

The 3DS was in quite the similar situation to the Wii U, until what came out? Super Mario 3D Land. Would you have called the 3DS a flop in that part of it's life cycle as well? And I say it's best not to judge whether it's a flop this early in, at least express what you think as an opinion before put things out like that.

I made a separate topic for this but though yesterday's poll was only voted by 40,000 people, "I'd like to consider it proportionate" to what the masses think. To me it proves that there is a potential audience out there for the Wii U, they're interested, and atleast half ( Or less) of the people that own a PS4 is going to get a Wii U to complement it by the end of the year.

*Remember that the majority of what I expressed of here is of MY OPINION *
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"