Honestly What Do you expect?

#11icegamericePosted 10/7/2013 7:09:05 AM
cminc posted...
Nintendo sees themselves as a business entity that believes it has a firm grasp on a casual market that moved away from them years ago, and the other two are attempting to give gamers that actually buy things, value for their money and entertainment space.

Fail. This has to be the most inaccurate statement I have read on this board. You say they have your interests but they were really thinking about YOUR interests when they attempted to block used games.

This casual BS comes from people who are highly ignorant of real variety in video games. Nintendo offer something completely different from what the others offer. If you think Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros etc. are all casual you have your head in your f*ckin a$$ mate.

You keep preaching "oh casuals are gone Nintendo got lucky" blah blah blah but the fact that Pokemon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, New Mario Wii and many others raped many of your "hardcore" Sony exclusives up the anus in sales means there were far more then just "casuals" buying Wii.

Get that flawed logic of casuals out of your head already you halfwit.
#12Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/7/2013 7:17:40 AM
cminc posted...
<
No, sony and microsoft provide consoles that can and do offer both things. Pretty much to the satisfaction of the majority. Stop speaking as if Netflix wasnt the most popular app on wii just because it doesnt reinforce your point, man. People, especially at these prices, expect consoles to do more than the bare minimum.

Nintendrones are the only consumers daft enough to say theyre happy with fewer options and features, i swear. And all this WHILE reggie's calling wiiu an entertainment hub in competition with ps4 and x1.

Nintendo sees themselves as a business entity that believes it has a firm grasp on a casual market that moved away from them years ago, and the other two are attempting to give gamers that actually buy things, value for their money and entertainment space.

My wiiu is almost wasting a perfectly good hdmi port by only doing one thing. It's ridiculous.

This is what I mean by being labelled a drone, such is life on the internet.

You misunderstand. Things like Netflix, they're pretty much a standard now. Everything which can connect to the internet can play Netflix, Hulu, LoveFilm etc. The WiiU is a bit lacking here in that TVii doesn't work in Europe yet (and believe me I'm disappointed there), but its not the main focus of the console.

On the other hand, the PS4 and Xbone have made it clear the social media aspect is the main focus. They want gaming to consistently be a social event to be streamed and followed on a whim, and personally I think there's nothing wrong with that, but I also think people are deluded if they think it won't have an impact on the games.

You talk about value for money. 10 years ago something that just played games was value for money, now we seem to want something that does everything. Are you not worried that the games may suffer because of it?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#13TerotrousPosted 10/7/2013 7:24:53 AM
suprsolider posted...
Funny because that is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of my gaming catalog on Nintendo systems...

I was basically going to post this. Even on a system that third parties absolutely hated like GC this ratio doesn't hold up.

Time to face fact Nintendrone, Wii U is a FLOP. Accept it and move on. Stop trying to damage control for Nintendo's failings.

This part of your post is completely stupid though. You already posted that you own 50 Wii games and 45 are third-party, so obviously you recognize that Wii's third-party support was decent. And Wii U has already gotten more multiplatform titles this year than Wii did in its entire existence.

Now, I suppose you could claim that you think Wii U will flop because it will lose the exclusives that made Wii what it was and basically end up as a second Gamecube (a console with some decent multiplats but virtually no worthwhile third-party exclusives). This is possible, but so far it doesn't really look like it, see The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and the Sega exclusives for examples of Wii U still getting exclusive titles from third-parties.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#14QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 9:01:01 AM
suprsolider posted...
Nintendo and third-parties have NEVER been peachy. Now you want 3rd Parties to kiss Nintendo Feet? Nintendo makes systems for their games, and their ideas. That is why 50% of your catalogs on Nintendo systems are made from Nintendo.
---

Funny because that is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of my gaming catalog on Nintendo systems.

1) I have 250 NES carts, and only 11 of them are made by Nintendo. That is not 50%
2) I have 50 SNES carts and only 4 are made by Nintendo again not 50%
3) I have 200 Gameboy/GBC/GBA games and only 12 are made by Nintendo again NOT 50%
4) I have 50 Wii games and only 5 of them are made by Nintendo themselves again NOT 50%

I can keep this going if you want.

But obviously I have proven your point WRONG, WRONG, WRONG,WRONG.

Last time I checked the SNES and NES had great 3rd party support. So once again YOU ARE WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.

Time to face fact Nintendrone, Wii U is a FLOP. Accept it and move on. Stop trying to damage control for Nintendo's failings.

You honestly think the average person buys over 50 games. Your taste in gaming is you have no taste, you seem to buy anything that is in the store.

Why would you even add yourself to this, you know yours not an average gamer. Not even 0.1 percent of Americans spend over 5,000 USD in video games in 7 years. 50 Wii games: are you counting games you rented?

SNES and NES had 3rd Party games but the relationship between Nintendo and Third Parties was like a tyranny with Nintendo being the tyrant of course. No only did Nintendo run a monopoly they abused their power as the console maker.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging!
#15suprsoliderPosted 10/7/2013 10:32:40 AM
You honestly think the average person buys over 50 games. Your taste in gaming is you have no taste, you seem to buy anything that is in the store.

Why would you even add yourself to this, you know yours not an average gamer. Not even 0.1 percent of Americans spend over 5,000 USD in video games in 7 years. 50 Wii games: are you counting games you rented?

SNES and NES had 3rd Party games but the relationship between Nintendo and Third Parties was like a tyranny with Nintendo being the tyrant of course. No only did Nintendo run a monopoly they abused their power as the console maker.
--

Yeah, I buy every game that is out there.
Bullcrap, I got plenty of taste.
I am not a person who only plays the AAA titles like you Nintendrones do. I have a wide variety of taste, I don't always need a AAA game to make me happy. I am happy with with B games as well.

Sorry but that makes me a GAMER, sorry of you Nintendrones aren't real gamers.

This year along combining all my systems I must have purchased atleast 150 to 200 games.

I never rent games (can't anymore anyway, the only place the used to rent games was Blockbuster and they closed up 3 years ago)
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105