Who says Nintendo isn't creative?

#1linksrus8Posted 10/7/2013 11:47:26 AM
Seeing the latest trailer of Super Mario 3D World definitely shows they still got what it takes...their creative well hasn't dried up. I was one of the those that thought it was "meh" at first but now it is my most wanted game for the holiday season. It reminds me of their galaxy games which were some of their most creative highs.
#2FenderMasterPosted 10/7/2013 11:54:29 AM(edited)
New power ups/same function

Pirrahna plant eats things... LIke Yoshi
Bullet Head fires projectiles... Like fire flower
Cherry creates clones who copy your moves... What new gameplay does this open up? Has Nintendo actually got any ideas for clones? Or is it just for attacking enemies?
Clear pipes? You can see through and change directions at junctions, this barely even qualifies as a new feature
Cat Mario can climb any walls, well that is a genuinely new thing Mario couldn't do before (Nintendo are copying Sonic Team and Knuckles!)

The Galaxy power ups were different, they genuinely changed gameplay, like the spring, spinning top/drill, the boulder. The bee suit didn't do much new though.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#3GuyFawkes5Posted 10/7/2013 11:53:53 AM
FenderMaster posted...

Pirahnna plant eats things... LIke Yoshi
Cherry creates clones who copy your moves... What new gameplay does this open up? Has Nintendo actually got any ideas for clones? Or is it just for attacking enemies?
Clear pipes? You can see through and change directions at junctions, this barely even qualifies as a new feature
Cat Mario can climb any walls, well that is a genuinely new thing Mario couldn't do before (Nintendo are copying Sonic Team and Knuckles!)

stop acting like u still wont buy it
---
If the media can blame video games for making people violent, then I can blame my pencil for misspelled words.
#4STN79Posted 10/7/2013 11:57:33 AM
It's not that Nintendo has changed much. It's just people who grew up with them are getting old and bitter and longing for their childhoods. If you are someone like me who never really lost the joy they found in gaming all those years ago then you would still be a fan. Some people think growing up means you gotta trade in all those cutesy games for Shooters and hardcore violence driven games. You know if it says mature on the box suddenly you've become a man and aren't allowed to enjoy kiddie stuff anymore. At least that's how alot of these teenagers think sadly.
I'm 34 and still play Mario, Zelda, Kirby and all that stuff as well as the more mature titles.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 10/7/2013 11:58:51 AM
FenderMaster posted...

The Galaxy power ups were different, they genuinely changed gameplay, like the spring, spinning top/drill, the boulder. The bee suit didn't do much new though.

You're just desperate to put down anything about the game you can aren't you.
#6GuyFawkes5Posted 10/7/2013 11:58:57 AM
STN79 posted...
It's not that Nintendo has changed much. It's just people who grew up with them are getting old and bitter and longing for their childhoods. If you are someone like me who never really lost the joy they found in gaming all those years ago then you would still be a fan. Some people think growing up means you gotta trade in all those cutesy games for Shooters and hardcore violence driven games. You know if it says mature on the box suddenly you've become a man and aren't allowed to enjoy kiddie stuff anymore. At least that's how alot of these teenagers think sadly.
I'm 34 and still play Mario, Zelda, Kirby and all that stuff as well as the more mature titles.

100% this!
---
If the media can blame video games for making people violent, then I can blame my pencil for misspelled words.
#7ZeroArcheryPosted 10/7/2013 11:59:08 AM
STN79 posted...
It's not that Nintendo has changed much. It's just people who grew up with them are getting old and bitter and longing for their childhoods.

It's hilarious how accurate this statement is.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#8iKhan88Posted 10/7/2013 12:00:50 PM
FenderMaster posted...

All combat in games typically boils down to some base elements such as punching, projectiles, etc. Powerups also tend to have similar base elements. But in Galaxy, the Bee Suit didn't play anything like the red star.

If you watched some gameplay, you can see that clones are actually used in a very interesting way, as you can split up the team to solve puzzles.

The Clear pipes create a pac-man like maze.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#9linksrus8(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 2:54:54 PM
STN79 posted...

Exactly I am just like this too!!! I am constantly surprised by Nintendo and I've grown up with them since 89'
#10manmousePosted 10/7/2013 2:58:11 PM
as for the cherry, considering the the clone mimics your exact movements but stays a foot or two away, there will apparently be segments where you have to clone yourself and thengo to a split path and make sure the clone steps on switches to open doors for you and such.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY