Who says Nintendo isn't creative?

#21JohnColtrane64Posted 10/7/2013 4:43:59 PM
I agree, TC, they keep amazing me after all these years (gaming since 88).

The new mario looks amazing and made me go for all those green stars in Galaxy2 (which, btw, is such a gorgeous and creative game).

Art, regarding mainstream, is going somewhere I feel afraid of, very cheap and souless. Nintendo still thrives for creativity and passion and you can see that in Iwata's eyes when he speaks about Nintendo. I want my children to play these games, not GTA and CoD.

Long live Nintendo
#22LordrvPosted 10/9/2013 3:29:37 AM
GuyFawkes5 posted...
FenderMaster posted...
New power ups/same function

Pirahnna plant eats things... LIke Yoshi
Bullet Head fires projectiles... Like fire flower
Cherry creates clones who copy your moves... What new gameplay does this open up? Has Nintendo actually got any ideas for clones? Or is it just for attacking enemies?
Clear pipes? You can see through and change directions at junctions, this barely even qualifies as a new feature
Cat Mario can climb any walls, well that is a genuinely new thing Mario couldn't do before (Nintendo are copying Sonic Team and Knuckles!)

stop acting like u still wont buy it

I won't buy it. I'll play it on super dolphin 3 years from now when Nintendo inevitably unceremoniously exits the hardware industry.
#23lgiPosted 10/9/2013 6:59:45 AM
It's cool and all. Nintendo's gonna keep doing their thing. I really hate when people start saying mature games are for kids that want to be hardcore. God forgive I like a game with a good narrative like GTA, or exciting storylines like the Infinity Ward COD games. The first COD has one of my fav levels in gaming, the Stalingrad battle. It reminds me of the movie "Behind Enemy Gates". Games like GTA and Payday reminds me of Tarantino movies and Michael Mann films. We don't all play those games because they're "dudebro" games or murder simulators.

It' like, I'm a fan of movies like The Incredibles, but I also enjoy Pulp Fiction. I can't imagine watching PG movies exclusively. Nintendo also doesn't have to start making mature games, they can keep doing what they're doing. But I would like to see their take on a game with more narrative, something that isn't Zelda or Metroid (I'm not trashing them. I feel I gotta be careful wording things on Nintendo forums).
#24Rasputin77Posted 10/9/2013 7:03:27 AM
You have to be creative to successfully rehash as much as Nintendo does; there's no shame in that.
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#25trenkenPosted 10/9/2013 7:28:30 AM
linksrus8 posted...
Seeing the latest trailer of Super Mario 3D World definitely shows they still got what it takes...their creative well hasn't dried up. I was one of the those that thought it was "meh" at first but now it is my most wanted game for the holiday season. It reminds me of their galaxy games which were some of their most creative highs.

3D World is creative compared to NSMB, but compared to MIYAMOTO's Mario games, its still yet another safe Mario sequel.

I dont see much thats new in it. Theyre lack of innovation these days is very troubling to me because that was the one area I thought they couldnt fail it, and now these Mario games lack the charm they used to have and just feel like they were banged out by a bunch of skilled robot design school students, but not by a true artist and visionary like Miyamoto.

Nintendo badly missing that now since he's role has been greatly reduced. So now they are in safe sequel mode and even though compared to the dull NSMB games its more creative than those, but I dont see something thats super exciting to me here. Ill get it and play it, but not overly excited for it because I still saw the same damn world themes in the trailer, same graphic style. Same everything basically.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#26JohnColtrane64Posted 10/10/2013 3:29:20 AM
trenken posted...
linksrus8 posted...
Seeing the latest trailer of Super Mario 3D World definitely shows they still got what it takes...their creative well hasn't dried up. I was one of the those that thought it was "meh" at first but now it is my most wanted game for the holiday season. It reminds me of their galaxy games which were some of their most creative highs.

3D World is creative compared to NSMB, but compared to MIYAMOTO's Mario games, its still yet another safe Mario sequel.

I dont see much thats new in it. Theyre lack of innovation these days is very troubling to me because that was the one area I thought they couldnt fail it, and now these Mario games lack the charm they used to have and just feel like they were banged out by a bunch of skilled robot design school students, but not by a true artist and visionary like Miyamoto.

Nintendo badly missing that now since he's role has been greatly reduced. So now they are in safe sequel mode and even though compared to the dull NSMB games its more creative than those, but I dont see something thats super exciting to me here. Ill get it and play it, but not overly excited for it because I still saw the same damn world themes in the trailer, same graphic style. Same everything basically.

I disagree. I see them always trying to find innovative ways of gameplay, while maintaning the same background and graphic set up. That's why they care not for graphics because what is important is gameplay, whether you like it or not.