I love my WiiU but....

#1nbean16Posted 10/7/2013 3:31:33 PM
I am getting more and more concerned with the lack of games supporting 2 gamepads. One of the things that truly interested me about the wiiu was the local multiplayer potential. With 2 gamepads it would be like getting goldeneye with 3 players and no screen watching! Awesome! I already love eliminating split screen while playing COD with a friend, but I would love to do it with one more.

My theory is that they are waiting for manufacturing costs to come down so they can sell gamepads for cheaper before they start utilizing this feature. But even now at least I could have a friend bring their gamepad.

I am starting to get concerned with no one asking Nintendo these questions, that it may become a lost and forgotten feature. It was confirmed that at least 2 gamepads would work before wiiu launched, and I want it.

What say everyone else?
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 10/7/2013 3:32:37 PM
They only added it because people pressured them too. I highly doubt they will ever use the feature at this rate.
#3R_HunterPosted 10/7/2013 3:33:40 PM
They said they're working on them, but I agree, this is something that could really show off the abilities of the console.

But again it's only been about a year thus far. Let's give them a bit more time to develop an idea of how to go about it.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#4Golden MavenPosted 10/7/2013 3:34:06 PM
nbean16 posted...
What say everyone else?

I think the gamepad was a mistake from the get-go. To have the controller hold so much value of the total package fails on many levels, especially on a console which puts so much emphasis on local multiplayer.
#5nbean16(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 3:34:13 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
They only added it because people pressured them too. I highly doubt they will ever use the feature at this rate.

They were pressured to answer, but they couldve just just said we aren't sure or have nothing to say now. Nintendo has no problems being secretive.
#6nbean16(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 3:35:42 PM
Golden Maven posted...
nbean16 posted...
What say everyone else?

I think the gamepad was a mistake from the get-go. To have the controller hold so much value of the total package fails on many levels, especially on a console which puts so much emphasis on local multiplayer.

I'm fully aware some don't like the gamepad, I love it. Just playing GTA 5 and having to pause to look at that map annoys me now. It's like going back in time, but that's not really what I'm asking.
#7nbean16(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 4:37:40 PM
R_Hunter posted...
They said they're working on them, but I agree, this is something that could really show off the abilities of the console.

But again it's only been about a year thus far. Let's give them a bit more time to develop an idea of how to go about it.

I'm trying to be patient.