WW HD turned out to be a system seller, at least for me

#1gabelogan183Posted 10/7/2013 4:15:21 PM
Still haven't bought the system but will in a couple of weeks, motivation being WWHD. Recently began checking out available Wii U games and already have a list of games to get.

Have a Wii already so playing those games on Wii U just makes the deal that much better.

Any suggestions on what games to get first besides WW HD?

Thanks guys.
---
PSN Megaman183
#2segagamerPosted 10/7/2013 4:19:10 PM
Good for you, TC. :)

Safe games out now

Super Luigi U/Mario U
Wonderful 101
Black Ops II
Pikmin 3
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Nintendo Land
Monster Hunter 3 ultimate

Upcoming

Mario 3D World
Deus Ex HR Director's Cut
Cod Ghosts
Arkham Origins
Watch Dogs
Sonic Lost World
---
Wii U+Steam Box :)
#3KittenLinaPosted 10/7/2013 4:25:10 PM(edited)
I like how often people misuse the term "system seller".

If you're not getting any other games, or want any others (out at the time of your purchase), then yeah it's a system seller.

If you bought it two play two games, then it's not a system seller.

For instance, I bought the Wind Waker system, but I don't like Wind Waker. I bought it FOR Earthbound, and I got Duck Tales for my sister.

Earthbound was a system seller for me, because I don't want any other games right now. Sure, I'll pick some up if they're cheap enough, for entertainment purposes, but Earthbound is the only reason I got it, and the only game out right now I want.

..Just don't say it's a system seller if you're buying something like Pikmin 3 as well.
---
jrb363 posted...Political correctness is killing this country.
Official Succubus of the SMT IV board.
#4overkillwfo1978Posted 10/7/2013 4:44:28 PM
KittenLina posted...

If you're not getting any other games, or want any others (out at the time of your purchase), then yeah it's a system seller.

Says who? You could want multiple other games, but none enough to warrant purchasing the system. Maybe that one game "sold" the system for him even though there are others he wants to play, that one game was the one that actually got him to purchase the system.

In short, your argument is terrible.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#5Motobug321Posted 10/7/2013 4:49:37 PM
KittenLina posted...

For instance, I bought the Wind Waker system, but I don't like Wind Waker. I bought it FOR Earthbound, and I got Duck Tales for my sister.

Earthbound was a system seller for me, because I don't want any other games right now. Sure, I'll pick some up if they're cheap enough, for entertainment purposes, but Earthbound is the only reason I got it, and the only game out right now I want.

..Just don't say it's a system seller if you're buying something like Pikmin 3 as well.

What right do you have to judge how he plays his games? Yeah, maybe he did by the system for a specific game. What's wrong with that?
#6Motobug321Posted 10/7/2013 4:53:31 PM
Anyway, the best games on the system right now are Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U/ Luigi U, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, The Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends. Sonic Lost World and Super Mario 3D World are coming out soon, too.
#7Kitt ThrustPosted 10/7/2013 5:51:13 PM

This has got to be one of the dumbest posts I've read in all my years on GameFAQs. Wow.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PpZDX.jpg
#8RiaanYsterPosted 10/7/2013 10:18:04 PM
Thought i'd just mention ZombiU. Really unique and interesting and pretty tense and scary game. If you ever played RE1/2 and enjoyed it, or like that type of thing this might be for you. Probably the most overlooked and underrated game I have played.
#9oq7sterPosted 10/7/2013 11:40:29 PM
RiaanYster posted...
Thought i'd just mention ZombiU. Really unique and interesting and pretty tense and scary game. If you ever played RE1/2 and enjoyed it, or like that type of thing this might be for you. Probably the most overlooked and underrated game I have played.

its only 25 bucks in gamestop too.
Really good game that offers a good challenge.
Game & Wario is pretty good, gamer, arrow & ashley are pretty good minigames.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
http://i.imgur.com/WHRNrBkh.jpg
#10gabelogan183(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 9:10:35 AM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys, definitely looking into ZombiU.

And KittenLina, as I said in the title "WW HD turned out to be a system seller, at least for me". Most of the games others have mentioned have been out for a while but did not interest me enough to buy the system. WWHD came out and has convinced me to buy the system for it, therefore making it a system seller game, again for me.

I'll get the other games people have listed, but those games alone weren't enough to make me want Wii U, WWHD was.

Cheers.
---
PSN Megaman183