TWW HD is a business mistake, TP HD would've shifted way more Wii U hardware.

#11TruthPosted 10/7/2013 6:08:24 PM
Once again, Nintendo show that they've learned nothing from how the GameCube hardware lost major sales when many Ocarina of Time fans jumped ship to PS2/Xbox. Why did they leave? Because they saw that the realistic Space World 2000 demo of Link vs. Ganondof was never going to happen and they'd instead be getting a Zelda game that looked like it was visually aimed at 5 year olds.

Here's the full Space World 2000 tech demo of Zelda:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEF9Utdu-L0

Fast forward to modern day and Nintendo are again making the same mistake. Did Nintendo really think the people who never bought a GameCube because of TWW would even think to buy a Wii U just to play that very game in HD? Really? That's completely illogical thinking. How far does Nintendo have its head up its own ass? These gamers are much older and likely now only care for realistic graphics in games because that's the direction of mainstream gaming. There's a high chance they're far more interested in PS4/One than Wii U.

However, one can not ignore the massive sales that TP acquired on Wii (combined with the sales of the GameCube version, TP is the highest selling Zelda of all time, BTW). Many people that bought it were people that did not buy TWW due to the cel-shaded graphics. If Nintendo were intelligent, they'd have made TP HD and not TWW HD. They've have added a higher difficulty mode, unique use of the Wii U Pad, and made the game based on the GameCube version, where Link is left handed and the game world is not mirrored. Honestly, had this game come out instead of TWW HD, the Wii U would be getting a much more significant boost in sales right now.

Nintendo need to wake up and realise that there are far too many graphics whores in the mainstream gaming population. The reason why Assassin's Creed surpassed the Zelda series in sales (Assassin's Creed III sold over 12 million worldwide, while SS only sold over 3 million worldwide) has nothing to do with their gameplay. It's the graphics that made mainstream gamers fall in love with Assassin's Creed more than Zelda. Do the E3 2011 tech demo graphics style for the Wii U Zelda and watch the sales go through the roof. Honestly, it's not rocket science.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#2kuragari1anonlyPosted 10/7/2013 6:09:52 PM
Twilight Princess hasn't gotten the "Man I liked this one more than new one" treatment yet.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#3Baha05Posted 10/7/2013 6:11:06 PM
WW makes far more sense when you consider it's age and it's gameplay (Especially around maps and charts)
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#4squatch22Posted 10/7/2013 6:11:32 PM
TP didn't need it as its already playable on Wii U.
---
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi. RIP Tom Clancy.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5BobGuy128Posted 10/7/2013 6:11:53 PM
By posting, I have given victory to this troll.
---
The terms "casual" and "hardcore" are meaningless, please stop using them.
Deconfirmed is not a word.
#6R_HunterPosted 10/7/2013 6:14:34 PM
...What's with the sudden love for TP?

Well I disagree. Not only is TP already playable on the U, but WW is a better way to show off HD, what with it's unique artstyle.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#71Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 6:26:44 PM
squatch22 posted...
TP didn't need it as its already playable on Wii U.

Please read the OP. I already said that TP HD would be based on the GameCube version (Link is left handed, world is not mirrored, full camera control on right analogue stick), not the Wii version that can already be played on Wii U via backwards compatibility.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#8abbyhitterPosted 10/7/2013 6:37:30 PM
I don't care if TP can be played on the Wii U.

I want TP HD because it is my favorite Zelda game.

I can play Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on my Wii and Wii U. That didn't stop them from remaking OoT for the 3DS.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#9random_man9119Posted 10/7/2013 6:43:26 PM
Nevermind TP and WW, what we need is Link's Awakening HD... That'd move consoles!
---
PSN: Des-Nos|3DS FC: 1375 7442 7348
NNID: MrOddities|ACNL: Odd from Utopia
#10Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 10/7/2013 6:46:21 PM
Anything with nicer graphics really. WW is just too cartoony to even bother making it realistic, they knew that.