TWW HD is a business mistake, TP HD would've shifted way more Wii U hardware.

#21Gogo726Posted 10/7/2013 10:27:58 PM
Wind Waker had the most room for improvement. I'm glad they made those changes, though I certainly wouldn't say no to a TPHD.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#22EastCoastKodyPosted 10/7/2013 10:36:24 PM
apparently i'm the only person that read the article that explains why they went with Wind Waker instead of Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess

http://www.zeldainformer.com/articles/an-interview-with-eiji-aonuma-wind-waker-hd-and-the-future-of-zelda-series
#23Dash_Dash88Posted 10/7/2013 10:37:12 PM
So you're taking time out of trolling the Ff12 board with your apparent world changing theory thats never gonna come ? Pathetic, truly you are.
---
If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention.
Psn I.D Dasha_UK Xbl GT Dasha UK
#24Elements012894Posted 10/8/2013 12:51:03 AM
TP HD would take too much effort to. Adding a brand new lighting solution to an already timeless looking game made it look new. The worked on the game for less then a year.

TP is alot more realistic, a new lighting solution wouldn't be enough to get passed the low texture and geometry detail. People would be expecting something like that tech demo which couldn't be met unless they did the whole game from the ground up and treated it like the next big zelda release.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#25VyersPosted 10/8/2013 12:57:19 AM
TWW aged a lot better and thus benefited from HD much more.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#26Lord_FroodPosted 10/8/2013 3:00:55 AM
BobGuy128 posted...
By posting, I have given victory to this troll.

So by having an opinion that doesn't agree with yours, they're a troll?

You must be an insufferable mess to associate with IRL.
---
"PS3 is my favourite hentai game." - TakayaNoriko
http://youtu.be/ROk_XmYV_WI
#27GEKGanonPosted 10/8/2013 9:03:59 AM
Am I the only one that thinks the best option would have been an HD remake of Wand of Gamelon?
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#28Rad_DudesmanPosted 10/8/2013 9:14:11 AM
Except Wind Waker is more popular than Twilight Princess.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 6
#29MetroidJunkiePosted 10/8/2013 9:30:35 AM(edited)
Elements012894 posted...
TP HD would take too much effort to. Adding a brand new lighting solution to an already timeless looking game made it look new. The worked on the game for less then a year.

TP is alot more realistic, a new lighting solution wouldn't be enough to get passed the low texture and geometry detail. People would be expecting something like that tech demo which couldn't be met unless they did the whole game from the ground up and treated it like the next big zelda release.

That's a problem in the Wind Waker HD remake as well. The models and textures are obviously still Gamecube quality. The textures look a tiny bit better but they look like they were slapped through a filter rather than individually polished. Just because it's cartoony, doesn't mean the HD remake doesn't look very dated. At the very least, adding more polygons to the models so they're more rounded would have helped.
#30Darth_ElusivePosted 10/8/2013 10:06:41 AM(edited)
TP might have moved more units.

BUT the problem is Twilight Princess in HD is too much for Nintendo to swallow, at least for now.

Nintendo needs a title that they think would sell the Wii U. And they need it quick.
Nintendo also indicated that they had underestimated the work it would take to make games in HD. If they had chosen TP instead of WW to be remade in HD, the game would not make it out before this Christmas. And they cannot afford not to have it out by then. So Nintendo chose the easier WW.

WW in HD is really just Nintendo's old trick only half as good this time.

Most of you remember the Game Cube game Zelda TP re-released on Wii with Wii controller support as a Wii launch title. The selling point was Wii's unique control scheme.

This time it is WW's turn and the main selling point is, HD. Very big deal, a ten-year-old game in HD released almost one year after Nintendo's next generation is launched. How could you not love Nintendo.
---
Forget about XBOX One. This is my XBOX720: i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Yakuza 5, Bioshock Infinite