The Legend Of Zelda is considered "classist, sexist, and racist"

#191BlueInfinityPosted 10/8/2013 10:10:22 AM
Vyers posted...
That being said, why didn't Ganondorf focus on capturing Link when he reemerged before he became a beast? Why didn't Ganondorf focus his efforts on Link instead of Zelda, when he knew exactly where Link was?

In the beginning was because he waited for Link to open the Sacred Realm for him to dive in. That worked. Then he tried to end Link and ZElda, but Zelda escaped, and Link was sleeping out of his reach.

After Link awoke, Ganon WAS trying to kill Link and capture Zelda for reasons I already posted.

This is why the "Hero Fails" timeline exists.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger
#192Faye-Faye_basicPosted 10/8/2013 10:10:59 AM
@Vyers, I know it's silly, but that was kind of the point. Also with all due respect, I find it silly to hold it against Zelda as a character to hide from Ganon as a child when her powers and knowledge were underdeveloped. I used the Link as a child example as a parallel that expecting Zelda to not hide is as silly as expecting Link to return to his child form and fight head on.

In terms of the story as well, the Master Sword was necessary to defeat Ganon and only Link could pull it. It's not like Zelda could walk in and stomp Ganon when she didn't have the ability to use the sword. It's not a matter of her being too weak as a woman to use it, it's because of the established lore.

Sure, an argument could be made that the lore itself makes Zelda look weak, but you could flip that argument and say that it makes Link look weak since he doesn't have access to Zelda's vast wealth of knowledge and powerful magic, a source that in almost every Zelda game, is necessary for Link to succeed.

Zelda without Link can't win, (example, Wind Waker and Hyrule's destruction.) Link can't win without Zelda, (example, every Zelda game where his priority shifts to Zelda when something happens to her, which is usually because Ganon is more threatened by Zelda than Link.) Even in Zelda II where Zelda was unconscious for the whole game, the purpose was to revive her and retrieve the Triforce to prevent Ganon's return. Zelda I I'll give you, but the story was almost nonexistent at the time.
---
Gamertag and PSN: KagoMegan
#193InnerscopePosted 10/8/2013 10:12:23 AM
Soniv4Ever10 posted...
I literally can't show the slightest bit of interest in any game now or I run into this crap in some form or another. At this point I'm ready to tear my damn head off.

Every game I've ever played is sexist
Shadows of the Damned is the most misogynistic game I've ever played
Any game I've ever played with a black person in it is racist
From what I hear Resident Evil 5 is pretty much the most racist game ever made, GTA San Andreas is a close second.
All the violent video games I've played are making me value human lives less
I should be locked up and have the key thrown away because all of that Mortal Kombat as a 5 year old kid is gonna make me try to rip somebody's spine out one day. Actually I might do it to a woman, so maybe I should just get the death sentence.
Every military shooter I've ever played is teaching me how to be a trained killer and hate middle eastern people.
Sonic the Hedgehog tells me fat white men hate the world and every living thing on it.
Pokemon tells me slavery is ok.
Pac-Man taught me the answer to all your problems is pills.
Pit bulls wear Air Jordans.
Monkeys play basketball.
I have to mean everything I just typed above or else I'm a fat ass, basement dwelling neck beard that is just territorial and wants to protect his precious male power fantasies.

My IQ just dropped from me pretending to be half as stupid as any body that actually takes any of this seriously, or thinks they're actually doing something whenever they point any of this out.

This **** is a joke.

Indeed. Society doesn't even f***ing work, despite what some say.
---
"shutty, shutty, shutty, shutty, shutty, wow. I so cute ^_^" - hotgirlsarehot
#194Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 10:12:52 AM
BlueInfinity posted...
Zellio2014 posted...
I love all these people who argue against basic nature. Men are naturally stronger then women as well as having more willpower, and as such make better warriors and leaders. Live in your fantasies all you want, but if a war ever broke out in America, the feminists would all be running to the biggest man to protect them.

This is another point I'd like to bring up.

Gender Roles seem to be deems sexist in society for no reason. Women are naturally better care givers than men. Single moms are far more successful than single dads. Men are naturally built to work, bring in the income, and protect their families.

For example. IF you were in a house that was on fire, and the door in front of you is way too hot to get out. I damn well want a built man busting the bloody thing down adn getting me the hell out of there. Rather than a woman who would take far more effort to do the same task. Are there women fire fighters that get s*** done? Yes. My ex is one and she's damn good. But she spends almost every day at the Gym to keep up with what the more naturally built men are.

Similarly, if I was raising a kid as a single dad. Who would I go to? Moms. They know how to do *everything* far more naturally than men. Why do you think the term "mr. Mom" come in?

Hell, in society now, it's so backwards, that women who WANT to be stay at home moms cannot any longer. Because society would tell them they're being oppressed and that they need to be more empowered.

Women also naturally do better in school. Whoa, this is almost like the Zelda example, where Zelda's wisdom is what makes Link's Courage truly shine as a beacon of teamwork.

Going off the example you said about your ex, my dad knew a girl back in the 70s who wanted to be a cop. She trained for months and was rejected. She trained all throughout the next year and tried again later on and was accepted. She was absolutely pissed when she found out that they lowered the standards required to join about 5 months after she joined.

The one problem with today's society (in America at least) is that people are being called out on sexism because of the stupidest reasons. To become a cop or a fire fighter, you have to extremely physically fit, men are generally more capable than women to achieve this because of the way we're built.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#195VyersPosted 10/8/2013 10:13:59 AM
4. What? Categorizing women and children together demonstrates a divide suggesting that women and children becoming homeless due to domestic abuse occurs more often than with men. Going further, do you really suggest that the women who flee due to domestic abuse are simply ignorant of their advantages - or does it simply show that your assertion of a female dominated culture to be fictional or, at best, overstated?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#196BlueInfinityPosted 10/8/2013 10:15:02 AM
Faye-Faye_basic posted...
Zelda I I'll give you, but the story was almost nonexistent at the time.

The manual showed why Ganon was more afraid of Zelda than Link.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger
#197MerydiaPosted 10/8/2013 10:17:42 AM
Seanirl posted...
Merydia posted...
To be fair, almost all of your argumentation is cherry picking and comparative isolation. You really do crack the logical fallacy index wide open.

Much of my major point is that feminists cherry pick areas where they feel women are being disadvantaged and use that as evidence that women have an inferior societal position on the whole, but they never do the same for men, which is also quite easy to do but more often than not reveals actual major problems like being murdered, unlike things that are either trivial, imaginary, or both.

I understand your angle, but the point you're making is more cherry picking (or biased sampling). It also ends/ended up lending itself to circumstantial ad hominem, false dilemma, straw man, and perhaps most glaringly, red herring (though it doesn't end there, but I doubt many people find this avenue of description interesting).

It doesn't especially matter how a person feels when they're making a claim. Either the claim is true or it is not (or in some cases, poses enough validity or concern that it is worth pursuing). You spend a lot of time trying to devalue claims by asserting that the ones who are making them do not care about a similar, but ultimately separate, issue. You are cherry picking a guilty group, sorting them as a composition group with the non-guilty, and employing this combination as a red herring for the actual issue at hand.

I think it's wonderful that you care about men's issues, but using them as a reason to attack, ignore, and/or devalue women's issues (regardless of their scope or severity) doesn't help anyone.
#198Faye-Faye_basicPosted 10/8/2013 10:19:36 AM
@BlueInfinity

I agree. There's a huge double standard in a lot of aspects of the way genders are treated. The examples you cited are very real, and sadly, seem to be brushed off as non issues.

I'm only saying that it's a shame that feminism as a belief is getting polluted with the idea of female superiority. As you acknowledged, feminism in the past was necessary, but in my opinion, it still is. But when people like you mentioned are the loudest voices, they confuse the purpose behind the belief, so while the public is arguing about the idea of housewives being demeaning, women in the military are being raped, businesswomen are being paid less for equal jobs, etc. etc.

With that, I'm off assuming anyone cares. Might come back after class assuming everything isn't behind buried. >_>
---
#199VyersPosted 10/8/2013 10:22:49 AM
BlueInfinity posted...
Vyers posted...
That being said, why didn't Ganondorf focus on capturing Link when he reemerged before he became a beast? Why didn't Ganondorf focus his efforts on Link instead of Zelda, when he knew exactly where Link was?

In the beginning was because he waited for Link to open the Sacred Realm for him to dive in. That worked. Then he tried to end Link and ZElda, but Zelda escaped, and Link was sleeping out of his reach.

After Link awoke, Ganon WAS trying to kill Link and capture Zelda for reasons I already posted.

This is why the "Hero Fails" timeline exists.

Why would Ganondorf not just send waves of enemies after Link? I get the why - namely game rules that would make the game not fun - but it is not an unacceptable response for Link to be captured. Zelda hypothetically could have taken up the reigns of the hero. But this is not what I ask. All I ask is that Zelda have a reasonable reason for being captured beyond revealing herself to aide Link rather than using her strength to protect Link. Why is it bad for Zelda to directly combat Ganondorf to save Link's life? It has the same effect as revealing herself to Link, as anyone with as much wisdom as Zelda would trust that Ganondorf would track her down soon enough.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#200Faye-Faye_basicPosted 10/8/2013 10:23:20 AM
Real last post...

@Blue... I only ever owned the cart by itself and never read the manual. Thanks for the info!

So in that case, every Zelda game I can think of, Zelda was a bigger threat and more vital to the peace of Hyrule than Link. Link is just the literal and figurative sword that allows Zelda to stop Ganon, thus both being equally important to each other.
---